Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FailureRepairsUrgentWarranteeWGAN 360 Camera Loaner Program

"Urgent! My Matterport Camera failed!!!" (We will loan you our Matterport!)8341

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @GoneCoastalSC

Hardware Error: Motor Fault. Right in the middle of a job this morning - ugh! Camera is less that 1 year old [great because I believe the Warranty is 1 year] - and I have only 36 or so total Spaces scanned. So much for my job tomorrow morning. Anyone else having Motor issues? [From two years ago]
[From two years ago]

"Urgent! My Matterport Camera failed!!!" (We Get Around will loan you our Matterport!);
We Get Around Network Emergency Matterport Pro 3D Camera Loaner Program

Hi All,

While it likely rare that Matterport Pro1 and Pro2 cameras fail, when a Matterport camera does fail, then what?

Whether your Matterport Pro 3D Camera is under the 12-month Matterport warrantee - or out of warrantee - you likely still need to be scanning while Matterport is repairing your Matterport Pro 3D camera.

We Get Around will loan you our Matterport Pro1 3D camera free (except you pay for shipping each way) for up to 10 nights (while Matterport repairs your camera), provided that you are a current WGAN Basic, Standard or Premium Member - in the United States - and have been for at least the last 12 months. (Or, pre-pay for the next 12 months of WGAN Standard Membership.)

(If our Matterport Camera is not available, we will buy a used Matterport Pro1 or Pro2 Camera - likely via eBay - and ship you that Matterport Pro1 or Pro2 3D Camera.)

More Info on the We Get Around Network Loaner Camera Program

You agree to:

✓ have us charge your credit card a $1,999 deposit which will be credited back when you return our camera, and
✓ email me a copy of your Matterport camera repair bill - or new Matterport camera purchase receipt - within 30 days of loaning you our Matterport 3D camera, and
✓ Pay for 1, 2 or 3 day shipping via UPS to/from your USA location and include signature required and insure the package for $1,999. (We can use your UPS or FEDEX account number, if you prefer.)
✓ If you need our loaner camera for more than 10 nights, you agree to pay $50 per additional night (charged to your credit card on file)

If you don't do the above, you agree that We Get Around will covert the $1,999 deposit to a payment to buy-out our used Matterport Camera.

This program is only to help out Matterport Service Providers that need a temporary loaner of a Matterport Camera during a Matterport repair.

The We Get Around Network Emergency Camera Loaner is NOT intended for a test drive a Matterport Camera or to have another Matterport camera for a large project. That's why you need to email me a copy of your Matterport camera repair bill - or new Matterport camera purchase receipt - within 30 days of loaning you our Matterport camera.

WGAN reserves the right to change the terms of this emergency loaner program or to cancel this program at any time.

If your Matterport camera fails and you would like to take advantage of this WGAN Membership benefit for Basic, Standard and Premium Members, please Private Message me.

While I wish you never need to take advantage of this WGAN Membership benefit, we would like to help you just in case with the We Get Around Network Emergency Matterport Camera Loaner Program.

(Perhaps Matterport will read this and loan anyone a Matterport camera that sends in a Matterport camera for repair.)

Related WGAN Forum Discussions

Matterport Camera indicates Hardware Error
Broken Matterport, How to Reconnect?
Looking Inside the Matterport Camera
Grinding Ticking Noise While Scanning
Matterport Repair Service Slow & Pricie
Matterport Camera Falls-> Bad Sound/Now What?
Extended Warranties
Ticking Noise While Scanning?
Dropped Camera?
Buy Insurance
MP Camera Smashing on Tile Floor
Matterport hardware - damaged mainboard - Can you help?
Matterport Camera Falls->Bad Sound/Now What?

Not yet a WGAN Basic, Standard or Premium Member? 40+ WGAN Membership Benefits | Compare WGAN Membership Plans | www.JoinStandard.com

Happy holidays,

Dan

P.S. Other options instead of borrowing our Matterport Pro1 3D Camera:

✓ Engage a Matterport Pro in your market to shoot your spaces
✓ See if a Matterport Pro in your market will rent you their Matterport Camera
✓ "Buy Now" a used Matterport Camera on eBay and then sell it on eBay, once your camera is repaired
✓ International? Advertise in the WGAN Forum that you seek a Matterport Camera [in location] (Buy WGAN Ad Now)
Post 1 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
This is great extra perk! I have had my camera for less than a year and have done minimal work with it and I got that error on my last job. Frustrating and the reply I got from support was less than I expected. I just notice I am still under the year so I'm going to call so this issue is on record if it dies on me shortly. PS do they have known cause?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod I think you're on to something here with these loaner programs...
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360

Thank you. It’s really something Matterport should offer. Immense goodwill to enable scanning while repairing.

For WGAN Basic, Standard and Premium Members that do not have a spare Matterport camera, this may be a good backup plan, just in case.

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

WGAN shipped out a loaner today (Monday, 28 October 2019) to a WGAN Member. His Matterport Camera has failed and he has a shoot this Thursday.

Other "Plan B" options include:

✓ make friends with your competitors (so they can help you can help each other out in a pinch)
✓ Get a Ricoh Theta Z1 or Insta360 One X as a backup plan
✓ If you have Best Buy - or an Apple Store - in your market, you likely can buy an Insta360 One X there
✓ If Amazon ships same day or next day, that might be an option too

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Please see this related WGAN Forum discussion:

Matterport Pro 2 Camera not connecting to iPad App

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101429 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?