Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
bugCamerasProblemsTips

Ticking noise while scanning?1182

WGAN
Basic
Fort Worth, TX
3dHouseScan private msg quote post Address this user
This just recently happened, but my camera makes a ticking sound during each scan.
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this before? If you have, have you done anything to help the noise? Were you able to figure out the reason for the ticking?
I am hoping Matterport could help me figure out what to do.

I would greatly appreciate any kind of insight!

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
RUN!!!

Sounds like an issue with the motor. Have you called MP? How old is it?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Shawen private msg quote post Address this user
It may not be your camera but your tri-pod. My Bogen makes a ticking sound every time the camera makes a rotation. You might try setting your tri-pod up and wiggling it from the mount.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Saint Louis, MO
Invelop private msg quote post Address this user
Ours did something similar about a month after we started using it. I touched base with MP, they assured me the system was "very robust", and to give it a little time to see if the problem persists. The sound went away and a year later everything works fine. You can roll the dice or send it in for a check-up; your choice.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@HelpingaRealtor

So we can hear the noise, can you record a video and post it to YouTube with a private link for MUG Forum Members?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic
Fort Worth, TX
3dHouseScan private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone, I apologize for the late response.

I did take a video of the ticking noise.
Here it is: http://www.helpingarealtor.com/ticking.html
Please don't mind the position of the video. I couldn't figure out how to add everyone's email onto the private youtube video so I just put it on my website.

The ticking used to happen every time it scanned, but now it only ticks 2 or 3 out of the 40 seconds of the scan.

I did consider if it was the tripod that was causing the noise, so I picked up the tripod while it scanned and it was still ticking.

I bought the camera in 2015 so it isn't that old. I'll see what Matterport says and report back
Post 6 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Hmm doesn't sound great. MP are the ones who should know what's going on with it. Please keep us updated on the outcome. Good luck
Post 7 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
I have a noise that's similar. I guess I'm just in denial that it's a problem but I should probably have it looked at.

Also, does everyone's camera charge to 100%? Mine only seems to break the 70s. Still works for a long time but it kind of bugs me.
Post 8 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
I'm pretty sure I have a similar noise, but quieter. Just audible when close. @renderingspace my camera's charge to 100%, but a used one I bought drains much faster if I don't use it for a day or two.

Carlos.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I've owned mine since September 2015, no tick, charges to 100% still. Has anyone taken Matterport up on their 1 year warranty?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Nodal Ninja
Founder
Bill private msg quote post Address this user
If out of warranty I'd let it run as long as you can before sending in. No sense in fixing it if it still works. Repairs can be expensive and could take 2-4 weeks.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Bill

Seems like a great opportunity for Matterport to surprise and delight with a loaner program: especially because we are all the early adapters / key influencers.

I can not even imagine being without the Camera for 2-4 weeks. I recall that happened to you when you needed the Camera re-calibrated.

Enjoy your weekend. We're expecting 12-18 inches of snow Saturday in NYC and wind gusts up to 55 mph. I am glad I flew in early for Inman Connect.

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
101428 12 12