Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GearHalo 360 LightLEDLightingPro2

LED lights for Matterport Pro2 Camera?15346

AnjumDesign private msg quote post Address this user
What lights you recommend for pro 2 camera?
We survey existing houses where no lights working or basement with no light soure.
We use Matterport to create existing floorplans only so quality of photos is not a priority.
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
With Pro2 I would go for Litra Torch 2 as it claims to work for 7 hours. There is a special mount for Pro2, which carries 3 Litra Torch.

For Theta Z1 there is the halo from bushman panoramic. But only one hour operation with one charge.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
84-WGAN-TV How to (Easily) Add LitraTorch 20 Lighting to a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera | Simsbury, CT-based Matterport Service Provider Tony Healy (@Capture) with Capture, LLC did struggle with Matterport scans that needed additional light - until he helped pioneer a solution that Litra now sells: LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit | Thursday, 12 November 2020

Video: LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit In Use | Video courtesy of Litra YouTube Channel | 3 November 2020

Image 1 - LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit mounted to Matterport Pro2 3D Camera

Image 2 - LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit mounted to Matterport Pro2 3D Camera

Image 3 - LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit mounted to Matterport Pro2 3D Camera

Image 4 - LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit mounted to Matterport Pro2 3D Camera

Image 5 - LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit mounted to Matterport Pro2 3D Camera

Transcript: WGAN-TV | How to (Easily) Add Lights to Matterport Pro2 Camera with the LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit

@AnjumDesign

Thanks for asking the question. Additional info above ...

@MeshImages

Thanks for posting the two solutions.

Best,

Dan

Matterport Gear and Accessories for WGAN Community curated by @DanSmigrod
Post 3 IP   flag post
3DVirtuallyThere private msg quote post Address this user
20W LED light wands 20” long x 2 wide Qty 3.

Mounted on small rig arms below on the center of tripod.

This setup gives you 5000 lumens, really lights up a large dark place.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I just did another site inspection for property with virtually no lighting. I bought a $38 dollar LED portable light from Walmart and I've used it several times and it does great work. I know there are other lighting systems out there that are hundreds of dollars perhaps this could be an option for a few of you not willing to spend the big bucks like I didn't want to.

I get a solid 2 hours out of this light.
Post 5 IP   flag post
BenAdgie private msg quote post Address this user
@getmyvr I have that same light. It’s lightweight and very bright. Works well
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Some hardware stores may even have similar LED light but with a diffusion panel installed which will be better for photography. I go mine for $89 AUD but it is 30W and comes with a diffuser

https://www.bunnings.com.au/arlec-30w-2100lm-rechargeable-led-work-light_p0095368
Post 7 IP   flag post
"Who buys cheap buys twice."

I follow this guideline since I have some cheap gear, that I don't like too much.

Example in this context is our Neewer style portable LED lights, that we do not use with Matterport anymore, because they are heavy and bulky and take a lot of time install. I will now buy ultra performant, super lightweight led cubes and ring lights and use these Neewer lights for our photogrammetry installation (360 rotator) in the studio.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
@MeshImages At $379.95 do you really think they are worth it? I hear you on the "who buys cheap buys twice" comment. I am in the market for some lights and was considering these but seems a little ridiculous price wise.
Post 9 IP   flag post
How many lumens are the torch lite set? I didn't see this under the specs? Looks like it maybe 800 lumens per cube so 2,400 total(after further googling)? Is a diffusion panel helpful/needed?
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Matt19 probably yes, I would go for the super expensive lights. Because it's always the same: Save the penny, loose the pound.

Same with the question ipad air or ipad pro. You probably don't see the difference on the first job, but you will save a lot of money in the long run. And you will succeed in every job (with the super expensive 3 light cubes that last more than 5 hours each).
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@Matt19 my HyperTough model 7046 as I have, is 2500 lumens.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
The LitraTorch things are well made. They don't put out a ton of light though. We bought a couple. We've tried them back to back for typical scans and the difference is negligible in my opinion. Will experiment some more.

The ones we got came with magnetic discs that you can stick on top of your MP camera, which make the fancy light rack thing undeeded.

We recently scanned some very dark warehouse type spaces. We used Dewalt 20V Led flashlights. Handheld.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@GETMYVR Your set up seems to be a much better value. I am fine paying more I just want it to be worth it otherwise might as well pick a different option. To me it seems like your option put's out more lumens if I found the correct specs for the torch lights.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Expertise Why did you use the Dewalt 20V when you have the Torch lights? Or was this before you got them?
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeshImages
"Who buys cheap buys twice."

We are all overpaying a lot for these lights, you are just overpaying a few times more than me. LED chip installed in your light costs less than $1, try to figure out where the rest $350 are coming from. Mine LED chip(30W) is $2-3 top so in my case the rest of the light is $86. There is nothing left that costs $85. The whole light should not be more than $20-40 AUD top and only because it is a rechargeable one and comes with a battery and a AC/DC adapter.

And it is not that how much we have paid, it is how much light it outputs. That one little cube is only 500Lux, three is 1500Lux. It is still much less than a worklight LED can give you. 500Lux in one direction just not enough to lit up something more than 5-7 meters away. Could be ok for property small rooms but it will barely work in big spaces.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Wingman @GETMYVR @Expertise thanks for the insights and shared experiences, so probably I will buy both solutions.

I am a city scanner, where portability and durability are very important criterias. We carry all equipment in a single backpack and often move with E-scooters from one job location to the next.

During the winter months we could often need some extra lights, so this is where the super-expensive, long-lasting, ultra-portable cubes will probably be the solution to go for.

For larger job sites or commercial AEC I will probably invest in additional worklights. Thanks again, for your insights.
Post 17 IP   flag post
101636 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?