Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AccessoriesGearGear of the WeekJasper AIManfrottoTipsTripodVideo

Matterport Gear Tip: Manfrotto MT190XPRO4 Aluminum 4-Section Tripod16851

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Gear of the Week
---
Video: WGAN-TV Home3D.us Gear Accessories-WGAN-TV Story Story #2955-Manfrotto MT190XPRO4 Aluminum 4-Section Tripod WGAN.INFO1 $274 USD

Hi All,

Which tripod should you use with a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera?

Above is WGAN-TV Story Story #2955-Manfrotto MT190XPRO4 Aluminum 4-Section Tripod ($274)

Got a different tripod recommendation? Please post below.

Best,

Dan

Transcript (Video above)

Again, today's topic: Top 10 Gear and Accessories for Matterport Pros. Kevin sent me a list that it turned out we couldn't limit it to 10.

He came up with 15 and I'm going to round it up and make it 20. I could even imagine while we're talking, there will be even more than that. Since I do have your list from you and Eric, why don't I just introduce the name of the item and the URL where people can find it and then tell us about it?

The first item on your list, Eric's list is a Manfrotto 4-Section Tripod. The tiny URL to find that in Amazon: WGAN.INFO/1 That's: WGAN.INFO/1

[00:08:39]
Kevin Dole: Let me credit where credit is due. I learned about this tripod from you Dan because you've talked about it before as a piece of gear. I've used a lot of different tripods since we've been doing Matterport. This is the most useful one I find because it has four sections, so it collapses smaller when you're not using it.

With the four sections, it's very easy to make little adjustments. For example, if this was the height being used for shooting out an entire house when you get to the stairway, of course, you've got to start adjusting legs because you can't have it on wheels at that point and you get it off and by having many different ways to adjust, it's easy to put it on a stair, just open one of the extensions that you're not already using, making one of them a little bit longer.

There you go. Like so, and it's very easy to level it up quickly. We'll get to other leveling tricks as we go. But this has been a fabulous tripod, so we're all equipped with all three of us. Eric, I, and Gray. It's been a really fine piece of gear.

[00:09:59]
Dan Smigrod: Kevin, Eric, anything else that you like about that particular tripod?

[00:10:04]
Eric Dole: Personally, something I want to point out is the fact that it has rubber grips here because there's a lot of times when you've got to carry the camera from a longer distance other than just moving to my Matterport or carrying it over rough concrete or something.

Just being able to carry it with these two handles. More comfortable. Much more and also you just have a firm grip and you can even carry it like this or anywhere is comfortable. You're not going to feel like you're not going to drop it.

[00:10:39]
Kevin Dole: It also has a center column that goes up a little shy of a foot and for example, when I'm doing a house, oftentimes I'll find myself in the kitchen where maybe the counters and a center island is taller than the height that I think is the best viewpoint for most of the house. But I need to get higher so that the dollhouse will fill in solid. In those countertops, because they're shiny, then you need to –

[00:11:06]
You can't shoot them like this on the Matterport.

[00:11:08]
Kevin Dole: You need to get down: scan down. This is an easy way to get an additional height for counters and bathrooms. Whatever it requires a higher view without having to change the legs and so the legs you can drop it right back down and you're ready to go.

[00:11:25]
Dan Smigrod: I would add one other reason that I like this particular tripod with the four sections versus the three sections, is that it fits into a roller board suitcase going on an airplane.

[00:11:41]
Dan Smigrod: When we all started flying again and we have an opportunity to travel. That was an important feature for me, was just being able to take it with me in onboard luggage: not to check my gear. I think as we go through the list, Kevin, I'm going to also just mention that nearly everything is priced out on Amazon, all these links, Thursday, May 12th, 2022. Today's price, Amazon, is $274. Prices may vary, but at least as we go through the list, you'll have some sense of pricing. Eric, was there something else you wanted to say about this tripod?

[00:12:24]
Eric Dole: No. We covered it.

---

WGAN-TV eBook | MSP Home3D.us | Top 10 Gear Accessories for Matterport Pros | Guests: Home3D.us Virtual Services Consultant and Creator Kevin Dole and Home3D.us Photographer Eric Dole | Episode: 145 | Thursday, 12 May 2022 | www.home3d.us

WGAN-TV eBook | MSP Home3D.us | Top 10 Gear Accessories for Matterport Pros [31 Gear/Accessories]

WGAN-TV | IMSP Home3D.us | Top 10 Gear Accessories for Matterport Pros | Guests: Home3D.us Virtual Services Consultant and Creator Kevin Dole and Home3D.us Photographer Eric Dole | Episode: 145 | Thursday, 12 May 2022 | www.home3d.us

Above is the entire show.

---
Here are all the Tiny URLs (WGAN Affiliate Links)
---

1 WGAN.INFO/1 Manfrotto MT190XPRO4 Aluminum 4-Section Tripod
2 WGAN.INFO/2 Neewer Photography Tripod Dolly, Heavy Duty with Larger 3-inch Rubber Wheels and Carry Bag
3 WGAN.INFO/3 Glide Gear EBR150 Basic Video Camera Overhead Tripod 15" Extender Riser
4 WGAN.INFO/4 Neewer Tripod Leveling Base with Offset Bubble Level
5 WGAN.INFO/5 Haoge 64mm Screw Knob Clamp Adapter Mount for Quick Release QR Plate
6 WGAN.INFO/6 Camco 25573 Bullseye Level
7 WGAN.INFO/7 Kodiak Kuadrant Rechargeable Tactical Lantern with 360 Degree Range
8 WGAN.INFO/8 ZenRich iPad 5th/6th Generation Case, iPad 9.7 Case with Rotatable Kickstand/Shoulder Strap
9 WGAN.INFO/9 Wireless Portable Charger 30,800mAh 15W Wireless Charging 25W PD QC4.0 Fast Charging
10 WGAN.INFO/10 Ricoh Theta X 360 Camera + GoPro Accessory Bundle
11 WGAN.INFO/11 Neewer 20 inches/50 Centimeters Portable Compact Desktop Macro Mini Tripod
12 WGAN.INFO/12 SofiHome Premium Heavy Duty Door Stop Rubber Wedge with Decorative Holder (6-pack)
13 WGAN.INFO/13 Insta360 Selfie Stick (1st Generation)
14 WGAN.INFO/14 Insta360 3m 9.8ft Extended Edition Selfie Stick (2nd Generation)
15 WGAN.INFO/15 Insta360 ONE X2 360 Camera with Touchscreen - 5.7K30 360 Video
16 WGAN.INFO/16 Hard Case for Matterport Pro2 3D Camera + iPad and Accessories
17 WGAN.INFO/17 Wedge-It - The Ultimate Door Stop
18 WGAN.INFO/18 Blue Shoe Guys Professional Grade Disposable Boot & Shoe Covers Booties | 100 Pack
19 WGAN.INFO/19 Larger Binder Clips - Box of 24
20 WGAN.INFO/20 Stanley Torpedo level
21 WGAN.INFO/21 Matterport Axis Rotator (Training Wheels for Matterport)
22 WGAN.INFO/22 GemTune DY-60i Leveler
23 WGAN.INFO/23 Gorilla Tough & Clear Double Sided XL Mounting Tape, 1" x 150", Clear
24 WGAN.INFO/24 New Trent iPad 9th Generation Case, iPad 8th Generation Case, iPad 7th Generation Case
25 WGAN.INFO/25 High Density Foam Insulation Tape Adhesive Rubber Strip, Seal, Door Insulation Foam Tape
26 WGAN.INFO/26 Right Angle Cable: USB3 to USB3
27 WGAN.INFO/27 Right Angle Cable: USD3 to Lightening
28 WGAN.INFO/28 Manfrotto MB MBAG75PN Tripod Bag Padded 75cm (Black)
29 WGAN.INFO/29 Amazon Basics Small Hard Camera Carrying Case - 12 x 11 x 6 Inches
30 WGAN.INFO/30 5 Pairs Reusable Non Slip Shoe Covers, Premium Soft Washable Thickened Boot Shoe Covers
31 WGAN.INFO/31 BESTEK 300W Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V AC Car Inverter with 4.2A Dual USB Car Adapter
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Why stop there? Take it to 20

Does anyone know where to get replacement locks for the legs on those things? Feels like the legs go out on those things every year and I just end up buying another tripod in between all the work chaos.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@VTLV

I wonder if you used one of these two solutions, if this would make your tripod last longer?

1. Matterport Gear Tip: Neewer Tripod Leveling Base with Offset Bubble Level
2. Matterport Gear Tip: Neewer Photography Professional Heavy Duty Tripod Dolly

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I used a leveling base for awhile and gave up on it. Time it took to spin the knobs back to level are up time. Now it sits in a drawer of equipment I never use.

Still using the dolly quite often on commercial jobs. I loved it until I got a big wad of hair clogging up my wheel base.

I recall a girl that would sit in with Dee Johnson on her shoes mentioned a place for Manfrotto replacement parts and never found the comment link again.

If that list were mine, I would add doorstops to the top 10 list.

Testing out a shoulder bag to hold things like laser measure, door stops and water bottle. Getting too fat to use a Fanny pack and slip around the Matterport without tapping the tripod in tigger areas.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
WGAN-TV Short Story: Accessories-#2967-Door Stopper 6 Pack | www.WGAN.INFO/12 ($13)

@VTLV

About:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @VTLV
a place for Manfrotto replacement parts and never found the comment link again.

I do not recall seeing that ....

About:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTLV
If that list were mine, I would add doorstops to the top 10 list.

✓ WGAN.INFO/17Wedge-It - The Ultimate Door Stop
✓ WGAN.INFO/12 6-Pack of Doorstop ($13)

About:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @VTLV
Testing out a shoulder bag to hold things like laser measure, door stops and water bottle. Getting too fat to use a Fanny pack and slip around the Matterport without tapping the tripod in tigger areas.

If you decide that you like the shoulder bag to hold things, can you start a new WGAN Forum discussion and post about it?

Best,

Dan

Transcript (video above)

[01:15:21]
Dan Smigrod: Next item, doorstop, a six pack: www.WGAN.INFO/12 www.WGAN.INFO/12 $13. What are you showing? Why do you need doorstops?

[01:15:37]
Kevin Dole: Well, anybody who does Matterport knows you need doorstops. These are the doorstops that we found. These are our favorites. They come in a six to a package like this. They've got these little white clips if somebody wanted to store it on a wall.

[01:15:57]
Dan Smigrod: I could imagine that since you've been scanning now for years, doing Matterport, that you've been through a number of doorstops. What problems does this particular doorstop solve that other doorstops didn't?

[01:16:12]
Kevin Dole: The simple wedge shape, it gets very thin down here, so if the door is tight to the floor, you can almost always get it under there to grab it. You can stack two or three of them if you have a door that's got a huge gap underneath it. They've just been really useful. They've done the best things we've found.

[01:16:38]
Dan Smigrod: Six packs. Indulge me here because I'm going to talk about the Wedge-It the ultimate doorstop, www.WGAN.INFO/17 $12 each. These saved me multiple times. I just love this one. It actually gets used in different ways. But just to give you an example, I was shooting an indoor pool that had an exterior door to a patio.

There must have been a 30 mile an hour wind outside, it was really windy. I needed that door not only to stay open, but not have that wind close the door on me.

This door stop, it gets used in different ways. Here's my hinge, maybe if I take my little book here, say this. There's the door jam. Can't do this, it's backwards. It goes right there in that door jam. It's not going underneath the door, it's going in the door jam itself.

That door is not going anywhere. The second way is to slide under the door. You mentioned a gap, when I've had doors that had huge gaps, this sounds like that. I would just say that this is just an amazing industrial grade doorstop particularly when you're going out from indoors to outdoors or outdoors to indoors and you have these massive doors. That door it's not going anywhere at this doorstop. I love it.

[01:18:32]
Kevin Dole: Good product. I picked up one of those and I've only used it a couple of times, but it's great.

[01:18:37]
Dan Smigrod: They come in multiple packs. I think I probably have six of these or something. Awesome.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTLV
Why stop there? Take it to 20

Does anyone know where to get replacement locks for the legs on those things? Feels like the legs go out on those things every year and I just end up buying another tripod in between all the work chaos.

When I got my manfrotto tripod replacement last year it came with the this tool. They seem to be aware that locks can get loose over time.
I do not have that tripod next to me but I believe you can just use an alien key. At least on a 190 model this tool does not seem to work as locks nut heads are round but they can be tightened with an alien key.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN AI
Assistant for
@DanSmigrod
Atlanta, Georgia
AI_DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
[The following product description was written by AI trained on what Kevin/Eric said about the tripod.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by @DanSmigrod
[Kevin/Eric] With the four sections, it's very easy to make little adjustments. For example, if this was the height being used for shooting out an entire house when you get to the stairway, of course, you've got to start adjusting legs because you can't have it on wheels at that point and you get it off and by having many different ways to adjust, it's easy to put it on a stair, just open one of the extensions that you're not already using, making one of them a little bit longer.

There you go. Like so, and it's very easy to level it up quickly. We'll get to other leveling tricks as we go. But this has been a fabulous tripod, so we're all equipped with all three of us. Eric, I, and Gray. It's been a really fine piece of gear.

--

The Manfrotto MT190XPRO4 Aluminum 4-Section Tripod is a great choice for [Matterport] photographers who need a versatile and easy-to-use tripod. With four sections, it's very easy to make small adjustments to the height of the tripod, making it perfect for shooting [...] an entire house[...] The rubber grips make it easy to carry, and the leveler makes it quick and easy to level up the tripod.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?