Gear of the Week
---
Video: WGAN-TV Home3D.us Gear Accessories-WGAN-TV www.Home3D.us Gear Accessories-#2956-Neewer Photography Professional Heavy Duty Tripod Dolly www.WGAN.INFO/2 $65

Hi All,

Which tripod dolly should you buy to do large, flat spaces with a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera to:

1. Save time (faster scanning)
2. Save your back (from lifting the tripod/camera)

Above is WGAN-TV Story Story #2956-Neewer Photography Professional Heavy Duty Tripod Dolly ($65)

Got a different tripod dolly to recommend for use with a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera Please post below.

Best,

Dan

Transcript (Video above)

[00:12:28]
Dan Smigrod: Item number 2, a tripod dolly, the short link www.WGAN.INFO/2 and this is $64.

[00:12:41]
Kevin Dole: For $64, this is a pretty nicely made; sturdy tripod from a Chinese company. This company, Neewer, is seeing pretty impressive gear. Things I like about this: it gives you a little carrying case to keep it clean when you're not using it. Also handle. Handle?

Yes. You can throw it over your shoulder. There's a Velcro strap that keeps the thing collapsed, stored in the case. You pull that strap off, just like that and it's up, ready to roll. I take the Velcro strap and just curled around itself so that it's not dangling in the way of the wheels or anything.

[00:13:25]
Kevin Dole: Each of the arms can be extended. A fair amount depending on how wide the spread on your tripod is, depending on how high your tripod is. There are clip latches so that it's very quick to do that. The legs of the tripod get locked into their sockets on the end of the arms by a screw thing. You have to tighten it up....

We'd have to extend it anyway. But anyway, it's a great little tripod. The wheels lock. Step on them with your foot there and then they won't roll. If you're on an incline or any place that it's going to move around, it's very easy to lockdown.

When you want to lock one or all three. You're done. You pull those two pins, collapse it up, put the Velcro around, stick it back in the bag.

[00:14:26]
Dan Smigrod: What caused you to buy this? What was the problem you were trying to solve?

[00:14:32]
Kevin Dole: When you do something like a Petco or Best Buy and you're going to be scanning 60,000 to 70,000 SQ FT you don't want to carry that thing around on your arm. Or most of these stores are just one flat level. You roll it around all day.

Adjust the height. This adds about four inches, maybe. Just adjust the height accordingly and you roll that thing and it saves you. You'd be dead by the end of the day if I had to pick up and move that tripod every time.

[00:15:04]
Dan Smigrod: I've heard two benefits. One is it keeps you alive because you're not killing yourself carrying a [6.5] pound Matterport Pro2 3D Camera on top of a heavy-duty tripod for 10 hours. Two; it sounded like speed. You're just able to do the job that much faster.

[00:15:27]
Kevin Dole: I wouldn't do those jobs without wheels. You got to have wheels doing those large scans.

[00:15:35]
Dan Smigrod: Eric, what time savings is this? Does it make it half the time? Twenty-five percent less time?

[00:15:44]
Kevin Dole: It's 50 percent less exhaustion. That's for sure.

[00:15:48]
Eric Dole: Yeah. You'd save a few seconds every time. I mean, all that adds up.

[00:15:53]
Kevin Dole: It adds up a little bit in terms of time, but the major thing is that strain on your body.

[00:16:01]
Dan Smigrod: I have the same one. I've been totally happy with it. Before we move on, was there anything else to say on that item?

[00:16:09]
Kevin Dole: Yes. I learned about this from you.

[00:16:15]
Dan Smigrod: It's funny. Well, that must be why I have the same item. I thought the price was right. There are a number of options when it comes to these tripods, but for the price and it works and is fully reliable.

---

WGAN-TV eBook | MSP Home3D.us | Top 10 Gear Accessories for Matterport Pros | Guests: Home3D.us Virtual Services Consultant and Creator Kevin Dole and Home3D.us Photographer Eric Dole | Episode: 145 | Thursday, 12 May 2022 | www.home3d.us

WGAN-TV eBook | MSP Home3D.us | Top 10 Gear Accessories for Matterport Pros [31 Gear/Accessories]

WGAN-TV | IMSP Home3D.us | Top 10 Gear Accessories for Matterport Pros | Guests: Home3D.us Virtual Services Consultant and Creator Kevin Dole and Home3D.us Photographer Eric Dole | Episode: 145 | Thursday, 12 May 2022 | www.home3d.us

Above is the entire show.

---
Here are all the Tiny URLs (WGAN Affiliate Links)
---

1 WGAN.INFO/1 Manfrotto MT190XPRO4 Aluminum 4-Section Tripod
2 WGAN.INFO/2 Neewer Photography Tripod Dolly, Heavy Duty with Larger 3-inch Rubber Wheels and Carry Bag
3 WGAN.INFO/3 Glide Gear EBR150 15" Extender Riser
4 WGAN.INFO/4 Neewer Tripod Leveling Base with Offset Bubble Level
5 WGAN.INFO/5 Haoge 64mm Screw Knob Clamp Adapter Mount for Quick Release QR Plate
6 WGAN.INFO/6 Camco 25573 Bullseye Level
7 WGAN.INFO/7 Kodiak Kuadrant Rechargeable Tactical Lantern with 360 Degree Range
8 WGAN.INFO/8 ZenRich iPad 5th/6th Generation Case, iPad 9.7 Case with Rotatable Kickstand/Shoulder Strap
9 WGAN.INFO/9 Wireless Portable Charger 30,800mAh 15W Wireless Charging 25W PD QC4.0 Fast Charging
10 WGAN.INFO/10 Ricoh Theta X 360 Camera + GoPro Accessory Bundle
11 WGAN.INFO/11 Neewer 20 inches/50 Centimeters Portable Compact Desktop Macro Mini Tripod
12 WGAN.INFO/12 SofiHome Premium Heavy Duty Door Stop Rubber Wedge with Decorative Holder (6-pack)
13 WGAN.INFO/13 Insta360 Selfie Stick (1st Generation)
14 WGAN.INFO/14 Insta360 3m 9.8ft Extended Edition Selfie Stick (2nd Generation)
15 WGAN.INFO/15 Insta360 ONE X2 360 Camera with Touchscreen - 5.7K30 360 Video
16 WGAN.INFO/16 Hard Case for Matterport Pro2 3D Camera + iPad and Accessories
17 WGAN.INFO/17 Wedge-It - The Ultimate Door Stop
18 WGAN.INFO/18 Blue Shoe Guys Professional Grade Disposable Boot & Shoe Covers Booties | 100 Pack
19 WGAN.INFO/19 Larger Binder Clips - Box of 24
20 WGAN.INFO/20 Stanley Torpedo level
21 WGAN.INFO/21 Matterport Axis Rotator (Training Wheels for Matterport)
22 WGAN.INFO/22 GemTune DY-60i Leveler
23 WGAN.INFO/23 Gorilla Tough & Clear Double Sided XL Mounting Tape, 1" x 150", Clear
24 WGAN.INFO/24 New Trent iPad 9th Generation Case, iPad 8th Generation Case, iPad 7th Generation Case
25 WGAN.INFO/25 High Density Foam Insulation Tape Adhesive Rubber Strip, Seal, Door Insulation Foam Tape
26 WGAN.INFO/26 Right Angle Cable: USB3 to USB3
27 WGAN.INFO/27 Right Angle Cable: USD3 to Lightening
28 WGAN.INFO/28 Manfrotto MB MBAG75PN Tripod Bag Padded 75cm (Black)
29 WGAN.INFO/29 Amazon Basics Small Hard Camera Carrying Case - 12 x 11 x 6 Inches
30 WGAN.INFO/30 5 Pairs Reusable Non Slip Shoe Covers, Premium Soft Washable Thickened Boot Shoe Covers
31 WGAN.INFO/31 BESTEK 300W Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V AC Car Inverter with 4.2A Dual USB Car Adapter