Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.DWG.OBJ.pdf.XYZAutoCADCADMatterport MatterPak

A new day, a new problem with MP13646

sandhun private msg quote post Address this user
In a desperate attempt to claw back some of the cash I've paid for a Pro2 Matterport cam (and ongoing hosting fees) I've offered a couple of freebies to win clients and get people interested in the products.

On paper, they love it.

Architect 1 said it was 'too accurate' ---> https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/13605/page/1/matterport-is-too-accurate/#11

Architect 2 uses non mainstream Cad Software.

Architect 3 has said "I have tried to import the files (in PDF format as this is the format which can be converted into a drawing by autocad) in autocad today and it appears that it can only do it – import the files as an image or a block (which you cannot explode / dissolve) that you cannot scale from or work on which is quite unfortunate!"

Part of the problem is, I don't have the knowledge to guide them through the process of getting files from a Matterpak into CAD. Based on the response above, does it sound like he has imported the wrong file? Should I suggest he try importing .XYZ or .OBJ?

It feels like I am wasting money paying for all these Matterpaks only for the prospective clients to say it's no good to them. It costs me £39 each time, no idea whether the VAT has been included in that figure.
Post 1 IP   flag post
stevienet private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if it helps but in my current line of work I regularly import PDF's through Adobe Illustrator then export them from there into dwg's for use in AutoCAD. If you don't have access to Illustrator, let me know, ping it across and I can have a go for you.

Cheers
Post 2 IP   flag post
sandhun private msg quote post Address this user
@stevienet Hi, I appreciate your offer of help. That would be really useful. I'll send you a private message. Thanks
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@sandhun the obj file is also 3d that will import into Autocad or Recap Pro (also autocad product) that exports useable files for most CAD software.
Post 4 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
mp2fp private msg quote post Address this user
Dear @sandhun

Instead of spending a lot of time to find out a best way as an alternative we can make any CAD file from any Matterport proj or Matterpack for you and your customers. Matterpack XYZ will be the most accurate as input and it usually is important when someone want CAD files.

Send us a link to contact@mp2fp.com with input of one of your projects and we will give you a detailed feedback and example including info how you can prepare for best accuracy.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101436 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?