Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseBuyCamerasGearMarketing

Should I return my Matterport Pro 2 camera?8950

Drone360vision private msg quote post Address this user
I bought a Matterport pro 2 lite camera in the last two weeks in the sale. With all the doubt surround Matterport and the high hosting costs, should I return the camera and utilise the Theta V that I have with Matterport?

I own a drone business and want to offer higher quality 3D tours, the Theta V is not the highest quality, but seems very similar in some models to the Matterport.

Any advice is welcomed, I need to make a decision in the next few days! Pros and cons of keeping Matterport over utilising the Theta

Many thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
Where are you located? What is the local market like?
Post 2 IP   flag post
I’m based in the UK
Within a 100m radius there are a handful of Matterport partners, all run their whole business off of Matterport and seem to be making a living
I want to utilise drones and Matterport, additional income during the winter months
Just curious as to the key benefits of the pro2 camera over cheaper, entry level cameras - early signs are that the 3D tours with insta/Theta are surprisingly good!

Appreciate it,

Joshua
Post 3 IP   flag post
Here was a thread about the different cameras

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/8594/page/1/insta360-one-x-or-ricoh-theta-v-for-matterport-capture-3-beta/

A new Theta is also just around the corner....

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1462792-REG/ricoh_910778_theta_z1_360_camera.html
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
One thing if I'm not mistaken is you the matterport camera offers floorplans with dimensions where the thetas don't. That could of changed with the newest theta, but something to look into.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thank you for the link, I’ll check it out!

Floor plan - that’s a good point and something I’ve considered, I don’t think it adds a massive amount of value over the Theta,

I curious about the reliability of the lower end camera, would I have to constantly re scan parts?

Also cameras not lasting as long

Floor plans with the Theta if possible would have a higher level of inaccuracy
Post 6 IP   flag post
Yes, I don't think you can order floorplans or get the Matterpak if you use the other cameras. However Dan just posted earlier that if you use Capture 3 with the smaller cameras you may be getting the data?
IDK - I don't have a smaller camera to check that out.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
The quality of the Theta V is drastically reduced compared to Matterport. GEOCV is the only one in my opinion that closely compares to Matterport quality. That being said it is much higher in cost for processing fees. Floor plans are double. Hosting is much higher as well. 😞 I much prefer their end product though. It is outstanding.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thank you June for your insight
I’ve created many 360 tours with the Theta V and was never truly impressed, I think from everything I’m hearing the Matterport scanner will provide enough of a higher quality compared to the Theta

But the Insta and Theta may reduce demand for the Matterport, larger scans will still need to be completed with a pro 2

I think ROI is sufficient to keep the pro2, thank you
Post 9 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
Yes now that the Beta version is coming to an end for the Theta V and Insta One it won’t even be possible to use those if you already have an account with Matterport. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I thought I read somewhere (or in Dee’s video) that it would only be available to people that don’t already have an account with Matterport.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101436 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?