Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture 3 BetaInsta360 Pro 2Ricoh Theta VWGAN 360 Camera Loaner Program

Insta360 One X or Ricoh Theta V for Matterport Capture 3 BETA?8594

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

If you are deciding if you should buy an Instat360 One X or Ricoh Theta V for Matterport Capture 3 BETA, my recommendation is: Insta360 One X.

At ICNY19 (Matterport booth), I looked at side-by-side Matterport 3D Tours of the same hotel room shot with an Insta360 One X and Ricoh Theta V and prefer the Insta360 One X because of:

✓ sharpness
✓ color saturation
✓ no "red dot" that Ricoh 360ºs often include

If you want to buy a Ricoh Theta V because you plan to use it with Ricoh Tours, you will be okay using the camera for both applications.

If you are considering Insta360 One X or Ricoh Theta V for Cupix, both cameras are integrated seamlessly with Cupix SLAM App Beta.

I have used both cameras and prefer the workflow of the Insta360 line of cameras.

The difference is personal. It may be like asking the question, do you prefer Canon or Nikon (Canon) or PC or Mac (Mac).

What do you think? When you see a side-by-side comparison, which camera do you prefer?

Note: If you would like to borrow an Insta360 One X or Ricoh Theta V, please see the WGAN 360º Camera Loaner Program (see tab above).

Best,

Dan

P.S. Shot a Matterport 3D Tour with Insta360 One X or Ricoh Theta V? Please share here ... (or start a new WGAN Forum discussion).
Post 1 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
These cameras are so inexpensive you should own both.

BTW all 2 lens 360 cameras with a prism, can produce the red dot. The One X is no exception, but it is less frequent than the Theta V.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
I have the Theta V and don’t care for the quality of the final product.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I would go with the insta360 ONE X, but please note, it is not -presently- supported by Capture 3.0 Beta. It -will- be supported soon.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Metroplex360
I would go with the insta360 ONE X, but please note, it is not -presently- supported by Capture 3.0 Beta. It -will- be supported soon.

Hmmmm..... That's interesting that the Insta360 One X is not supported by Matterport Capture 3.0 Beta. I say that because a Matterport rep at ICNY19 Wednesday (30 Jan 2019) showed me a Matterport 3D Tour shot with an Insta360 One X. How did they shoot that, if not with Capture 3.0 Beta?

Thanks,

Dan

P.S. Here is the Matterport Download the Beta link
Post 5 IP   flag post
rammultimedia private msg quote post Address this user
If I have a matterport pro2, can I use insta 360 one x on the same account?
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@rammultimedia

Yes!

You can use the Insta360 One X and Matterport Pro2 on the same Matterport account and in the same Matterport model.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone know APPROXIMATELY how much longer before the Insta360 is supported by the Capture 3.0 Beta?
Post 8 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
It’s available now. Instructions are in latest TestFlight Capture 3.0 beta.

Post 9 IP   flag post
PropertyLaunch private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Hi All,

If you are deciding if you should buy an Instat360 One X or Ricoh Theta V for Matterport Capture 3 BETA, my recommendation is: Insta360 One X.

At ICNY19 (Matterport booth), I looked at side-by-side Matterport 3D Tours of the same hotel room shot with an Insta360 One X and Ricoh Theta V and prefer the Insta360 One X because of:

✓ sharpness
✓ color saturation
✓ no "red dot" that Ricoh 360ºs often include

If you want to buy a Ricoh Theta V because you plan to use it with Ricoh Tours, you will be okay using the camera for both applications.

If you are considering Insta360 One X or Ricoh Theta V for Cupix, both cameras are integrated seamlessly with Cupix SLAM App Beta.

I have used both cameras and prefer the workflow of the Insta360 line of cameras.

The difference is personal. It may be like asking the question, do you prefer Canon or Nikon (Canon) or PC or Mac (Mac).

What do you think? When you see a side-by-side comparison, which camera do you prefer?

Note: If you would like to borrow an Insta360 One X or Ricoh Theta V, please see the WGAN 360º Camera Loaner Program (see tab above).

Best,

Dan

P.S. Shot a Matterport 3D Tour with Insta360 One X or Ricoh Theta V? Please share here ... (or start a new WGAN Forum discussion).
Post 10 IP   flag post
PropertyLaunch private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan...is there anyway to fix the red dots from the Ricoh Theta V?

Thanks
Rob
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@PropertyLaunch

Great question. I started a new discussion on "Red Dots" here:

How do you fix the "red dot" from the Ricoh Theta V?

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
101436 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?