Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Alignment IssuesBad ScanCapture AppErrorProblemsScanningUrgent

Alignment Chaos8878

Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
So... Did a large office space for a commercial client. Near the end of the scanning, I noticed entire rooms were sitting on top of other rooms. I've done several dozen tours... this is the first time this has happened. There was no time to reshoot as the office closes at a certain time and they have a staff of over 30 employees who all agreed to be featured at their cubicles. So reshooting is likely not an option.

Anyone know whether there's a way to manually reposition or restitch the scans? Willing to pay for a solution.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Shakoure

I suggest reaching out to Matterport support. In the mean time, submit the scan for processing.

Unfortunately, it sounds like you had a scan end up in the wrong place and subsequent scans attached to that scan.

This problem is typically a result of a similar pattern where the scan thinks it belongs there instead of here.

In the future, best practice is to eye-ball that each scan is where you expect it on the Matterport mini-map.

Please let us know what Matterport Support says.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
Not manually but if you ask Dee she will try her best (and succeed) at putting the scans in the correct room. I had this happen to me before and she fixed it. Just don’t start editing your space until she sends it back to you. It didn’t take her long in my case. The reason it happened for me was because there was a wall that had mirrors all over it. Message her ASAP. It would be nice though if we did have that option!
Post 3 IP   flag post
@June ...such a good point, June. So many other tour editors give you placement and alignment tools, except for the "world's leading" virtual tour platform. This one was sudden... one minute things looked fine, next minute scans were all over the place. I don't understand how so many scans can end up misaligned between a couple of scans.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@Shakoure ...

As @DanSmigrod mentioned, it was probably one rogue scan and then if was all downhill from there.

For future reference it might be more time effective when you first notice it to stop, delete the last few scan points and start going again from where you were before the misalignment first occurred.

You know the saying... A stitch in time saves nine.

Better a few wasted minutes on site than much more later.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Queen_City_3D ... yeah, that's usually my practice. But because time was limited on this shoot (the client's point person came in late), I had to work against the clock and didn't have the luxury to check every single scan before shooting the next. However, this anomaly was sudden. One minute things seemed fine since my last check, then the next minute, it was utter chaos. Due to time constraints, it was not possible to delete scans and reshoot. So, I decided to finish and see what could be possible in post.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@Shakoure I hear you... We can only do what we can with what we've been given!
Post 7 IP   flag post
DulceG private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Shakaoure. I would like to know how did it go? Were you able to upload something? Did you manase to solve it?

regards
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DulceG
Hi @Shakaoure. I would like to know how did it go? Were you able to upload something? Did you manase to solve it?

I would like to know that too.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@DulceG ... Thanks for inquiring. Actually, Dee at Matterport support took care of it. On her end, she has the capability to edit/move/align the scans individually, something that we don't have access to. I'm not sure of the actual process but she managed to put it in proper order. I now have a huge appreciation for her role at MP and what she was able to do for me.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101646 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?