Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
iPadTipsTrouble ShootingUploadingUrgent

Urgent Advice Needed - Models Not Uploading8142

WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All -

Have a problem, and of course we are a few hours before the geniuses at Matterport are available for help.

I'm trying to upload two models from my iPad, and they both are stuck on 0%. These are both time sensitive, of course.

I've tried about everything I can think of here on my end. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what's the solution??

Thanks -

Keith
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
I had same problem
Just move a marker and re load. in my case now it shows the model being processed 4 times. Hope they don't charge me 4 times

harry
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
@harrycayman

Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately not working either.

Anyone else??

Keith
Post 3 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
I had an upload issue recently and the advise from the Matterport team did work.

Make a copy of the model.

Add a few random trim lines.

Upload.

Oliver
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Chemistrydoc

Have you tried ...?

1. Make a small change in a trim
2. Then duplicate model
3. Restart iPad
4. Connect to a different wi-fi first
5. Connect to the the wi-fi you want to use
6. Make sure that you can open a web page (to test wifi)
7. Upload
8. Repeat for second model

If you are still stuck, can you confirm that you can do a Google search (to test the connection)?

9. Speed test

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
@DanSmigrod

Yeah, anticipating a back-and-forth with MP Support, I made sure that all of the iPad / WiFi issues were eliminated. No problems with the connection.

In the above, do you then upload the copied model?

KF
Post 6 IP   flag post
Yes, upload the copied model.

There is no additional charge for the duplicate model.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Chemistrydoc

Yes. Make a trim change. Then duplicate model. Then upload the duplicate.

If it works, you can delete the original from your iPad.

You will only be charged 1x even though it is a duplicate. For clarification, if you were successful uploading the original and then duplicated and then uploaded the duplicate, in only counts 1x for processing. You likely then have two models that you are paying for hosting.

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
All -

Nothing has helped. I've triple-checked my connection. I've duplicated, then re-trimmed. And I tried re-trimming, then duplicating. NOTHING will upload.

One of these was extremely important and was to be used in a big presentation by a client later today.

THANKS MATTERPORT - but, hey, on the bright side, if I lose them as a client, maybe MP can sell them a camera!

Thanks (seriously) to all of you who have offered help.

Keith
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I just uploaded 2 models...no issues.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Chemistrydoc

Try uploading on a different wi-fi, such as Starbucks

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
@DanSmigrod

Did that already

@rzphotoman

Thanks
Post 12 IP   flag post
Create a two spin model of your office and try to upload....it's clutching at straws, but does give you another piece of information....
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Meanwhile, MP Support is advising me to upload the models manually. I seriously cannot believe this BS.

KF
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
What does upload manually mean?
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
All -

The saga continues. I have to now find the file on the iPad (using iTunes), save to my computer, then upload the relevant job and data files to a cloud. They will take it from there. This has already cost me 5 hours of nonsense, and no sure solution in sight.

I am frustrated beyond words. But, hey, I've given them a ton of data that they can use to market to my clients!

KF
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@Chemistrydoc I just uploaded my 3rd model today with no issues. My guess is that something went wrong with the scan itself or there is some iPad error on your end.
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Yes, that is correct, @rzphotoman. It appears that a scan has somehow corrupted. I'm still in deep with Tech Support. I will update if/when the issue is solved. Right now, I'm uploading the files (transferred from my iPad) from my desktop to Matterport via Google Drive.

All very harrowing for a Thursday!

KF
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
I want to thank everyone for trying to help me yesterday as I watched the clock tick on a deadline that, unfortunately, came and went.

Last night at about 6pm, Dee at Matterport Support was finally able to get the models uploaded manually. I asked what caused the problem, and what I could do to prevent same in the future, and her answer was that it was a "fluke".(!) Apparently the first of the two of my scans was somehow corrupted (although the processed model is great(!).

Again, thanks to this great community. By the way, the scan was to be used as a part of a presentation by the US Navy Aviation Museum staff to higher ups. We scanned a new floor that simulates the flight deck of the USS Nimitz. Here's the unedited model for all of you to enjoy!

Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@Chemistrydoc looks great. I did notice that you got hit with washed out lighting issue with a couple of scans. Matterport has to fix this problem NOW!
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Chemistrydoc

From this WGAN Forum discussion:

Matterport Big Camera Issues & Errors costing loss in revenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Gerhard
Hi We Get Around Fam,

This post is not for newbies or people looking to buy a Matterport camera (s). So please don’t read on.

I did a scan for a client that would have taken 1 1/2 hour that turned into a 3 hour nightmare.
- Space is a normal 2 bedroom hotel apartment
- No Sunlight interference
- No Large mirrors or shiny stainless steel objects
- Not my first scan
- All markings done correctly

About 20 scans in the, scans stopped appearing in the room. The busy aligning prompt came up and the bing sound sounded , but no scan or errors. I made three after that and nothing. Then I saw zooming out that the app had place the scans in the lounge. This got very weird. Went back deleted those scans and slowly started redoing them moving 2 feet at a time. It happened a couple more times, and had to delete and do over. Grrrr

Got a lot of camera sensor error prompts. No camera never been dropped or thrown off a 50 storey building ( been tempted many times ) , its kept in its Pelican case , and flies in the cabin bin.

So lets get back to the story. Uploaded the tour, and waited ….. waited ….. waited ….. and yo get the point. Next day I contacted support and after playing a long back and forth tennis match of emails. I was instructed to download the data from the iPad and send it to them to manually stitch it. A couple of days later I got the email your tour is ready. What a load of rubbish, when you walk the walls bounce at you. I didi not even share with the client as it was to embarrassing. I had 4 more to do on the same day but could not because of this. And cant gain access to the site anymore.

I lost the job because you cant promise a 12 - 24 hour turnaround time then this happens. And no its not the first time that the Sensor error and some other weird error messages started appearing. This happened after all these new updates from Matterport.

Now fast forward to this morning. Get up super early get to the client to scan a special project that needs to be delivered still within 6 hours after my scan to their International Head Office in Europe ( yes I have had scans back within an hour ) .

Started scanning and again about 20 scans in , all the crap starts again. Managed to finish the model eventually and uploaded it. And waiting in suspense. Got the client breathing down my neck, and there is no way of reshooting as they have to submit the model with some other media we created and a proprietary player. As they are competing against for countries in the group for this new concept on Sunday. So fingers crossed.

Who else is experiencing more and more errors with Matterport. If this continues I have to seriously look at another product because I don’t sell Matterport I sell me and my company. And don’t need Matterport, or work for Matterport. So my clients deserves the best service, user experiences and products. But if this carries on, it is going to cost me a lot of big business. And seeing we “work” for Matterport but don’t even get a salary from them, not even to mention the old broken record that we don’t even own the content nor have zero privacy settings for our clients is very alarming to me.

Today I just realised how far behind Matterport is with their R&D , and loosing focus with court cases and not listening at all to us. Stop looking at your competition and focus on you. Get us a @#$%^&*ing tool that we can take the camera out of a mirror, you don’t realise how much business we are missing out on. And please don’t give me the following solutions, to not scan the whole bathroom and just go up to the door opening or drop the camera below the basin. That is just stupid. And the long list of things we have been asking now for the last 4 years….. 

Would love to hear form the fellow forum members.

Happy scanning x

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 21 IP   flag post
101635 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?