Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdvicebugCapture AppCrashingUrgent

URGENT. Matterport Capture Keeps Crashing! Help Please...7310

Networker private msg quote post Address this user
Can anyone tell me what could be the problem with the Capture App? I was shooting a hotel restaurant and then wanted to continue to the gym (adjacent). When I tried to connect the next scan spot--THE CAPTURE APP crashed out. So, I did the following. 1. Opened more space on the iPad 2. Tried scanning closer to the last scan point 3. Releveled the camera 4. Rebooted both the iPad & Camera 5. Copied the model and tried to make the next scan (App crashed out again).

After all these failures, I opened a new scan--and everything worked 100%. The result was that I now have two tours (restaurant and lobby) when I really only wanted one tour. Can anyone tell me what you think happened? It's never happened to me. Can a model become corrupt in the iPad? It's certainly weird and unnerving because I certainly do not want that to start happening--especially when Matterport is one of our major income streams. Thanks in advance.
Post 1 IP   flag post
geemaps private msg quote post Address this user
Hi did you update the capture app to the latest version?
according to matteport the new version is supporting only 64bit iPad's..
i don't think the ipad 2 suport 64bit.

have a good day.

Yossi
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hi Yossi,

No, I did not update the app and perhaps that was the reason. I do have an iPad 2. But, what's weird is that by starting a new tour--all went perfectly. Thanks for the insight.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
I had a similar problem. I updated the camera but not my iPad because of the reason above. When I tried to do a scan attaching the second floor to the first all I got was misalignments and tried everything even shutting it down for awhile. There was plenty of room left on my iPad so that was not the issue so I did a second property view for it and [support rep] at Matterport beautifully joined them together for me. It did not happen the next time I used it and she told me that every once in awhile that can happen and good for me to figure out a solution. Have you contacted support for help yet? I had also used it between the update and the day I had the problem with no issues.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hi June,

Thanks for the response. No, I did not contact support as the idea of two separate scans worked. However, I was not aware that Matterport could behind the scenes connect two separate tours. Now, I will be contacting them! Thanks for the heads-up.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
Perfect! 👍🏻
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
Sometime a scan point will cause conflicts that cause the app to crash. If you delete a couple scans and go back and redo those positions it sometimes fixes it. Duplicate the model and delete the last scan or two and then try again if it ever happens again.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Networker

Did you get this resolved?

What does Matterport Support say?

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod Hi Dan, on the trimming issue--yes I used both "window" and "trim" markers to completely solve the solution. And, I think I am going to start using @JonJ suggestion of completely trimming each model on all sides. More work but I am sure that this will not happen again. See thread.

On the Capture App crash--I just broke the tour into to restaurant and lobby. I am going to go to Matterport to see if they can blend both tours into one. Would be good to know for future use, no? I will keep you posted. Thanks for inquiring.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Networker
On the Capture App crash--I just broke the tour into to restaurant and lobby. I am going to go to Matterport to see if they can blend both tours into one. Would be good to know for future use, no? I will keep you posted. Thanks for inquiring.

Please let us know if Matterport was able to connect the two spaces for you.

Any resolution on why the Capture App was/is crashing?

Best,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod I am thinking the app was crashing because of limited space. I am working with a 32 GB iPad Air 2 and it's constantly running out of space. I am checking with Support very soon however, I suspect this is the case. We are soon upgrading to a 128 GB unit.

On the joining of two models--I will let you know what they say.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Networker

Thanks for the update.

Please do keep us posted about if Matterport can join the two models for you.

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Pros,

A follow up as promised. Yes, it's true. The little digital magical gremlins at Matterport can--and will go behind the scenes and splice two completely separate tours together. Note: I stopped on tour and started the next tour within a few feet of the first tour's finish.

Let's give Dee J a round of applause for her digital trickery! Take a look. BTW, the walkthrough is flawless--just like I created as on complete tour.

Post 13 IP   flag post
101425 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?