Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasHardware ErrorRepairsSensor ErrorUrgent

Matterport Camera indicates Hardware Error3743

GoneCoastalSC private msg quote post Address this user
Hardware Error: Motor Fault. Right in the middle of a job this morning - ugh! Camera is less that 1 year old [great because I believe the Warranty is 1 year] - and I have only 36 or so total Spaces scanned. So much for my job tomorrow morning. Anyone else having Motor issues?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@GoneCoastalSC

Wow! That's the first time I have seen that error message.

If you would like me to see if I can locate a Matterport Pro near you to help you tomorrow, please PM me.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Don´t panic!!!
It happened to me last saturday and after turning it off and on the error message disappeared.
I don´t know if it has to do with the recent upgrade of the app, but it was the first time ever.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GoneCoastalSC

@JonJ is available today and tomorrow to help you complete your scans, if you can not get your camera working. His WGAN Profile.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
@jfantin I rebooted no less than 5x and it still hiccuped along and then finally just siezed up. The motor assembly is super hard to turn which tells me there is a significant problem with it. Also - just before the total failure, it was giving me messages about 'unplugging it' which tells me it felt some sort of tension - and of course it wasn't plugged in.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@dansmigrod - you're the best....I will just [or in a couple cases have] reschedule these scans with the agents/owners. They understand. But thank you for jumping in!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GoneCoastalSC

I also sent an email to @cswartz to see if he is closer to where you are shooting today. His WGAN Profile.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GoneCoastalSC

Ah! Our messages crossed. Got it.

You may want to reach out to @JonJ and/or @cswartz to see if they will loan or rent a Camera to you today and tomorrow so that you do not have to reschedule the jobs.

Please do let us know how Matterport Support responds ...

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
At this point - I just need to find an address to FedEx the Camera back to Matterport pronto.

This forum is awesome - great folks willing to help! Thanks all!
Post 9 IP   flag post
360showcaseUSA private msg quote post Address this user
The same thing happened to me with the "Unplug Cable" message. I contacted Matterport and they sent another camera and they included a return label so that I could use the same box to return my problem camera. I hope that that is still their policy as I had the same problem several months prior and phoned Matterport and the agent I spoke to wanted me to return my camera before they sent me another.
I did get some advice from the second Matterport agent when the issue happened again. He said to try to insert the charging cable very securely (i.e. push in cable very hard and then charge the camera fully). It worked and I was able to complete my scan the next day. A few days later I received my replacement camera. Kudos to Matterport for doing the right thing for me!!!
Best wishes.

Kevin
360Showcase.com
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thanks @360Showcase.com. I appreciate your input Kevin.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360showcaseUSA
The same thing happened to me with the "Unplug Cable" message. I contacted Matterport and they sent another camera and they included a return label so that I could use the same box to return my problem camera.

That is EXCEPTIONAL to know that. If they would still do that on a REAPIR - I might just send my Matterport Camera back as it has some case damage due to a fall. It's still working fine, but I'd rather have it in top shape. I've been fearful of being without my camera while waiting for it to be repaired -- but that's just awesome.
Post 12 IP   flag post
UPDATE: After my support call voicemail message - it wasn't more than 30 minutes and I received a call from a Helpdesk Rep [Tim] who, after explaining the situation informed me that he was forwarding my 'case' to Logistics who will work with me on a replacement [or whatever they deem appropriate] - Haven't heard back yet [although I dashed out of the house on a few appointments without my phone, so perhaps I have heard back but just don't know it yet...]. I'll report my final resolution...
Post 13 IP   flag post
FINAL UPDATE: Matterport's folks jumped all over my plea for help - a new camera is on the way to me already - FedEx so I'll be up and running in no time. I'm instructed to send my broken camera back when the new one arrives. The phone calls and emails I received from their support/fulfillment/Logistics team have really been incredibly responsive and caring about my business. Cheers!
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GoneCoastalSC

That's great news. Thanks for the update.

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
Dana Point, CA
RPOceanic private msg quote post Address this user
Is great hear. For you, your clients... and to all of us who one day may be in the same shoes. Big time thumbs up to Matterport! Customer support like that is a huge confidence booster, which- in addition to a great product will sustain a company over the loooonnnng haul.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I received my new Camera today via FedEx - I'm back in business - thanks to all those who assisted me in my hour of need at Matterport Support. You guys [and gals] rock! Bring on the scans...
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GoneCoastalSC

That's great news. Thank you for letting us know.

Did you find out what failed and why?

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
My old rig is on the way back to Matterport heaven. I have no clue as to the nature of the malfunction - but will, for sure, follow up and get some additional intel. Stay tuned, I'll update as I can. Thanks @DanSmigrod
Post 19 IP   flag post
3DSense private msg quote post Address this user
I had the same issue today with my camera. It only managed to do a half turn and seized up. Hardware error - motor fault or similar. I finished the scan and wanted to do some 360 outside shots, when it happened. Will contact Matterport ASAP. Any tips dealing with the support?
Post 20 IP   flag post
101641 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?