Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Question of the DayResearchReviewsStatistics

An Interesting (if not Valid) Take-Down of Virtual Tours15296

Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
Based on user-experience testing, one study pretty much gives VTs a pretty low rating on whether it's worth investing in. A must-read if you're open to critics of 3D Walk-Throughs. Check it out below and feel free to comment with your reactions.

Nielsen Norman Group (30 August 2020) Virtual Tours: High Interaction Cost, Moderate Usefulness
Post 1 IP   flag post
Thalore private msg quote post Address this user
Since this whole article is really based on UI, I'd have to agree the UI for most tour software is not great. It is getting better though. There are some UI's better than others and it's good there is an amount of competition in the space.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I find that both Matterport and 360 tours are a worth while endeavor in Real Estate (even in a hot market)

I am also seeing an increase in demand on commercial projects as well ~ I just had to refer out a Department of the Interior project to shoot a couple historical sites that were part of the Manhattan Project because I was double booked for the window of time they had to shoot these buildings.

I am currently shooting 6-7 days a week however, I am also a "Full Service" photographer offering more than just a 360 or Matterport tour
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Sacramento, California
dmcquade private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all!

Interesting article!

Following COVID restrictions virtual tours for my business have really grown. Now that COVID restrictions are lifting I'm asked by a lot of my realtors if they really need them.

My explanation is this ... no ... you don't "need" them. However, I have heard quite a few stores about remote buyers buying plane tickets to see a property after seeing it in a virtual tour. I'm sure we've all seen pictures of a home, setup a meeting with a realtor, and then discovered that the photographer used some really amazing angles to make a property seem much more than it really is. A virtual tour presents the property as-is and creates more confidence in buyers who cannot immediately visit a property.

My second argument is that the selling realtor has two customers, the seller and the buyer. By presenting high-quality media sellers are happier with their experience and more likely to refer an agent to others. I've shot so many homes where the original agent was fired because iPhone shots didn't generate interest in a property. Most of my realtors do a virtual tour on every property, no matter the condition, because every seller can be a good referral and the media is the only tangible and transparent product a realtor offers a seller.

In my humble opinion.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Sacramento, California
dmcquade private msg quote post Address this user
By the way, I do agree with a lot of this article with regard to the technology used. I'm a fan of Matterport because above all systems I've seen it feels more natural. Other systems (Richo, Zillow, etc) really require the photographer/editor to think ahead when shooting to accommodate what a visitor would like to see ... and the wisdom of which points to hide.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
How about this... A virtual tour in a recent listing resulted in 86 appointments and $100,000 over list price in Buffalo New York. Right they don't work.

Do you think Carvana would be anywhere near as successful as they are have they not implemented 360 virtual tours of their cars?
Post 6 IP   flag post
@GETMYVR ...I'm with you on that one as the counter argument is being driven single handedly by the statistical growth rates on almost any measure.

Regardless... like any game-changing technology, it's just a matter of time before we wake up and not think of NOT having it because it's become so ingrained in how we view spaces on a screen.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Here's the video summary of the article in question by the author.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@Shakoure 100% of my referrals want photography, and only about 40% the virtual tours or less. Once in a while I'll just do a couple outside panoramas and maybe one shot inside for Zillow to let the customer see what kind of lift they can get on their listing, for free.

I'm going to become a real estate agent too. There comes a time sometimes you realize you're better than the people you're helping. Time for chunks of money.
Post 9 IP   flag post
CFster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GETMYVR
How about this... A virtual tour in a recent listing resulted in 86 appointments and $100,000 over list price in Buffalo New York. Right they don't work.

Do you think Carvana would be anywhere near as successful as they are have they not implemented 360 virtual tours of their cars?

I believe that’s more of a function of the market right now. EVERYBODY is selling for over list. The bubble is about to burst.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101636 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?