Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,024 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 46 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360360 ViewsAerialDroneHDRKuulaProtohomesRicoh Theta Z1

Aerial 360s for your Matterport tour15076

WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
My son, Eric, and I were out shooting HDR and MP at a modern home in Los Angeles today. We regularly shoot for a "pre-fab-ulous" (quote from an owner) home builder, Protohomes. They're not traditional pre-fab, but they're a very un-traditional construction process.

Anyway, as we were finishing up, it occurred to us to grab a couple exterior 360s, as Matterport allows for. Then it occurred to us (duh!) that - why not do these with the Z1 mounted to my "Insta360 Extended selfie-stick" and hold it (steadily, of course) up high?

Well, it worked just fine. With this I can get about 15' in the air, enough to feel like a low drone shot. Actually I went up only 10' as this house looked best there.

But for someone on the forum to try... why not dangle the Z1 under a drone, take it up 50' and capture real drone views as 360s in the MP Capture app? At some distance you'll lose WiFi connection, but I'd guess that 40-50 feet would work. Might be cool!

Here is our 10' shot, extracted from the Z1 that stores everything, even the MP 360s. Same shot is INSIDE the Capture app file for this home.

Image uploaded to Kuula for 360 viewing:
360 pano on Kuula

Oh, and Eric will be on WGAN-TV Live at 5 with Dan Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 5 pm EDT.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Virtour private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3d is the best of the best for a reason
Look forward to seeing Eric's debut!
Post 2 IP   flag post
ImperialProperties private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, looks great, that would certainly work for me, how did you not appear in the shot when you look to the ground?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice Kevin. We need to catch up soon.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D

So, for clarification, this is a workaround for including aerial 360 - 360 View - within a Matterport 3D Tour? And, either with a drone (within WiFI range or using an extended selfie pole?

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I've tried this with the Zillow but for some reason it never registered to me, that I could do this too with my Theta Z1 with an extended pole, with Matterport, so thanks for the heads up on this @Home3D
Post 6 IP   flag post
101274 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?