Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3603DVistaAdviceInsta360 ProLightroomNodalViewPlatformsSeitz RoundshotSoftware

If You Could Only Pick 1 and Why11665

JayInLA private msg quote post Address this user
If you could Only pick 1 to use and why:

• 360 Software/ Platform -

• 360 Camera -

And a short reason why for both questions/answers:
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport is great, but very expensive and the new pricing model puts significant pressure on the business model of the tour photographer.

I think 3D vista is currently the best 360 software for Web, 3D, VR and streetview.

Camera is difficult. I have an Insta360 Pro, which is an awesome 8K one-click 360 3D camera. And I think this is a good choice. Insta 360 Titan would be better of course, if you have the 12.000 USD.

But for better image quality without 3D I would go for a classic DSLR setup with an automatic motorized Pano head like Seitz Roundshot. With the roundshot you receive enough image material for photogrammetry - thus have the dollhouse possibility again.
Post 2 IP   flag post
GFHoge private msg quote post Address this user
I agree. The 3D Vista program is unbeatable for its flexibility. I am using the Z1 and am very happy with the results. The DLSR will be my next venture for those big clients who want to zoom in and have details the one shots can’t do.
Post 3 IP   flag post
botticelli private msg quote post Address this user
What is the best way to purchase a license for 3D Vista? I think it’s pretty cool to pay one price for unlimited tours.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks!

And yes which is the best way to get the best price on the 3DVista software? Also what is the best and most cost effective way to host those tours?

DSLRs - Would a Canon Rebel T2 DSLR work for those types of high end photos/ tours and if so, which overall versatile lens would you guys suggest?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
@JayInLA - Nick Powell presented a 3DVista offer on this Forum recently. The software is an investment, but cheap in the long run as it's a one-time purchase. Anyone who has shot Matterport for more than 1 year has spent far more on a system which offers far less (and is actively trying to steal your clients.) Self-hosting is the most affordable approach and not that difficult, but you can also buy hosting from the company.

clickable text

A great beginning for 3DVista is the Z1. For a streamlined process, shoot Z1 in HDR and process through Lightroom, Photoshop and/or Affinity.

Another fantastic route for 360 tours is NodalView using only their Rotator base and your own iPhone. Flawless automatic stitching and outstanding auto-HDR creating very high-resolution panos. Building a tour is simple, quick and intuitive. You can learn and complete your first tour in an afternoon. It also has the simplest procedure to retouch and replace panos AFTER a tour is built, which I often do. Also has LIVE session sharing, though currently without video. Great system with no hardware to buy except the simple Rotator with wide lens which also works on other platforms. Specify which smartphone you use when ordering, for correct fit of the phone case that the lens mounts to.

Hey @JayInLA - Are you in LA the state or LA the city? If the latter, let's chat as I'm an Angelino.
Post 6 IP   flag post
botticelli private msg quote post Address this user
Hey I appreciate that link. What is the retail price? I can’t find it anywhere.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
@botticelli - Here is the store page on the company website.

clickable text

Need to figure exchange rate. Nick is in UK but his discount is in Euros, same a company pricing. 3DVista is in Spain.

clickable text
Post 8 IP   flag post
GFHoge private msg quote post Address this user
If you want a 10% discount, watch the YouTube review of 3DVista and get the coupon from below the window.

He just did this review 3 weeks ago.

I learned of it from the Ben Claremont training course-which I strongly recommend!

(I have been doing MP for 2 ½ years and thought it was the best, but then they rewrote the book and started competing with me. Fortunately, @DanSmigrod helped me with my upgrade which included the course and new website with Angus Norris!)

Good luck! It doesn’t cost to look.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thanks @GFHoge I appreciate it! And yes I'll definitely take a look at it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
If I can get my hand on a Insta360 One X, which seems to be impossible to buy in the United States at this moment, I'll let you know part two.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
@JayInLA It would still be Matterport. Time is money, spending time messing around with software and a camera system that requires manual interaction is a waste to me.

Matterport allows me to go out and collect the information and provide a great product to my clients at a reasonable price and very fast.

Matterport is the apple of 360 when it comes to hardware and software in general. Their support is sort of like Google's. (and I love Google)Who are you, and why are you calling, and oh you will never get support kind of support.

But most of the time I do not require support.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@JayInLA

Which Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInLA
If you could Only pick 1 to use and why:

• 360 Software/ Platform -

• 360 Camera -

And a short reason why for both questions/answers:

Which 3D/360 Virtual Tour Platform and which 360 Camera are great questions, EXCEPT the answer typically depends on for whom and for what use.

For most WGAN Forum Members, here's the WGAN short list of:

3D/360 Virtual Tour Platforms and Single Property Websites for Real Estate

These WGAN Forum resources may be helpful too:

List of 140+ 3D/360 Virtual Tour Platforms and Single Property Websites for Real Estate
List of 50+ 3D/360 Cameras for Virtual Tours

Additionally, to help with the decision process, these free WGAN-TV Training U courses:

WGAN-TV Top 10 Tips for Starting a Virtual Tour Business - Plus, Which 360º Camera you Should Buy for Virtual Tours

And this ...

Virtual Tour Pro Coupon Code to Save 15 Percent

Best,

Dan

P.S. WGAN-TV Training U includes 50+ Courses: 45+ Courses are Free
Post 13 IP   flag post
101640 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?