Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAircraftAircraft HangerHigh CeilingsNewbiesTall TripodTripod

Need a review from my latest project11110

marcoastan private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys,

I'm newbie in matterport and I learn a lot from this forum. Finally I've done with my first big project a month ago. And I make a web for the model. So you can go to directly to area that you want to see, you don't need walkthrough all of the area.

Some area I scan very low and I scan from height approximately 4 meters for make doll house view looks good. I make an extension for my tripod. Can you give me a review for this model guys? Really appreciate for that.

http://tours.realimaging.ca

Thanks before.
Post 1 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
Wow so did you raise the camera for specific shots and I like it! Great to do that and something I've never done, multi heights offered. Love it and love the doll house!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@marcoastan Overall, a very good job. Adding some military music to the walkthrough would make it really stand out...imo
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thank you @Spencerlasky, Yes I raise the camera..
@rzphotoman you mean I should add music at the web? great Idea thanks
Post 4 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@marcoastan Excellent work! Under the circumstances, the tour is enhanced quite a bit due to the scan height above the floor on many of the scans. Curious: Can you provide more detail about how you transitioned between camera heights and perhaps some info about the equipment used (picture would help).

Thanks!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@marcoastan

Thanks for sharing.

Fun to see you ask this high ceiling question in the WGAN Forum and then what you did ...

Excellent job on the tripod height. While I would normally suggest to disable the shots that you used to help make a great dollhouse, I like seeing the aircraft at the elevated views: something that I could not do walking through the space.

You might find this helpful/interesting:

Matterport Doll house details problem
How to do a Matterport scan when the place has a high ceiling?
Question of the Day: Whom has the tallest Tripod (and Why)?
Matterport Doll house details problem
Matterport Dollhouse and Really high ceiling
How To Capture EXTREMELY High Dome Ceiling?
What is the maximum ceiling height for the Matterport dollhouse view?

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Great tour. The only thing I do not like that you are opening a new tab right at the tour start just to show their business hours.

You can actually do it through an image placed in that tag with current business hours shown on it. After they change their hours you can just create a new image with the same name, upload it to their web server. When it is opened in the tag it will just load new image with new business hours.

That way viewers won't be distracted by the new tab and stay in the tour as long as they want.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thank you @bryanhscott
I came 3 times for finishing this project.
First time I scan the Hangar 1 and 1st floor gallery. After I scan in eye level height, I scan lower and the highest one. For the first time I used my light stand for scan in highest level.

But when I use that light stand it's very jiggly, The apps tell me about the warning, but I don't care because in my mind, I only need the image for doll house view. So I accept and continue.

The second day I scan Hangar 2 and also inside the sea king and tracker. When I scan the tracker I use small LED on the top of the camera to give me more light. At this time I scan only eye level height.

The third day I scan with my extension for my tripod (4 ft), I use Manfrotto 190 + pan head MH804-3W. I think I'm wrong when I wrote the height of my tripod before. I use extension 4ft and the tripod maybe around 1.8 meters so the total around 3 meters. And I scan the gallery at 2nd floor, hallway, reception and souvenir shop.

@Wingman Thanks for the input, I've ask the detail information from the museum but they didn't give me the update, I'll change it after I've got the new update

@DanSmigrod Why I can't upload the images to this post?
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @marcoastan

I believe our file size limit is 6 mg? What file size are your images?

Asking our WGAN Forum tech @mikew to reply to your reply 😎

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by @marcoastan

I believe our file size limit is 6 mg? What file size are your images?

Asking our WGAN Forum tech @mikew to reply to your reply 😎

Dan

Only 1.1mb and 1.9 mb. I can upload my avatar too.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoastan
Only 1.1mb and 1.9 mb. I can upload my avatar too.

@mikew

?

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@marcoastan Thanks for the info. I appreciate the issue you mentioned about stability of the camera at the end of the mast you used.

If you intend to do more of this type of "elevated" work, you might check out the heavy, telescoping, fiberglass masts offered at: https://mgs4u.com/fiberglass-push-up-masts/. You can purchase one of their multi-section masts, or just buy 2 or 3 of the larger sections by themselves. Each section is 7' to 9' in length and need to overlap at least 1 foot each.

To improve stability and still allow one-person set-up, it may make sense to use 2 or 3 of the larger sections (2", 2-1/4", 2-1/2", then adapt a camera mount to fit whichever diameter needed. The company sells one for the 3/4" or 1" top section, but for a Matterport camera, I believe you need to mount it to the larger ones mentioned.

They also sell huge tripods in case needed.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101429 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?