Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AppsCDNHomeAwayMatterport WorkshopPublic BetaVRBO

How to Publish 360º Tour to VRBO and HomeAway via Matterport Workshop V3.09508

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab from Matterport eBlast sent today (Monday, 3 June 2019) Click Here to Learn More link.

Screen Grab from Matterport Workshop | Apps Tab

Screen Grab: We Get Around Network Forum post from two years ago!

Hi All,

The sun, moon and the stars are starting to re-align since (the test and learn trial) marriage of Vacasa and Matterport on 10 May 2016 (and then quiet annulment) despite super-favorable results.

You can now publish a Matterport Tour to VRBO and HomeAway (currently USA listings only) via Matterport Workshop 3.0, as of today (Monday, 3 June 2019). (Public Beta for Starter plan and higher; including Matterport Classic Pricing customers.)

In a Matterport eBlast sent today, Matterport announced this long wished for publish to VRBO and HomeAway feature. Initially, it's a 360º Tour rather than a Matterport 3D Tour. Perhaps eventually, it will be a Matterport 3D Tour. (Sometimes, you have to crawl before you walk. Walk before you run.)

As I understand it, when you hit Publish to VRBO and HomeAway (see below), you are actually sending the 360ºs to VRBO and HomeAway for a 360º tour to be created. It's likely a similar process as how publishing a Matterport Tour to Google Street View works today.

You can see a sample VRBO tour here (and the Matterport 3D Tour that was used)

As a User of VRBO and HomeAway, I could imagine that I will be spending more time looking at rentals with these 360º tours and that these imagines will likely give my wife and I confidence in booking a location.

And, that's exactly what Vacasa reported in an early trial with Matterport:

"Properties featuring Matterport 3D tours yielded 15% increase in online engagement and 14% higher occupancy; supporting 50% inventory growth since adoption," says this Matterport webpage summarizing the results.

(Duh!)

How to Publish a 360º Tour to VRBO and HomeAway via Matterport Workshop V3.0
(All Matterport Cloud accounts -- Matterport New Pricing and Matterport Classic Pricing -- other than the Free subscription -- have the Publish to HomeAway and VRBO feature.)

1. Sign into your My.Matterport.com account
2. Go to Matterport Workshop V3.0
3. Look for the Apps Tab (where you presently publish to Google Street View; and Realtor.com/Homes.com)
4. Look for Publish to VRBO and HomeAway
5. Add VRBO and/or HomeAway unique Property Listing Number in this format:
Your URL should follow this format: https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/xxxxxxxx, where xxxxxxxx refers to specific listing on HomeAway.
6. Click Create Tour
7. Processing can take up to 12 hours for HomeAway/VRBO to create the 360º Tour from the Matterport 3D Tour
8. "You must return to my.matterport.com to complete publishing. For future use, you can skip the preview and automatically publish by going to my.matterport.com/settings/account/manage and enabling this setting."
9. "Once the 3D model is public, feel free to make changes in my.matterport.com and update. Specifically, you can hide extra scans or set the start position and then republish to Vrbo/HomeAway," says Matterport Support page for HomeAway/VRBO.

It's unclear if the vacation rental owner or Property Management Company can upload 360ºs (and, if so, how long does it take for the 360ºs to go live)

The good news is that what we have all been waiting-hoping for has now happened.

And, this Matterport to VRBO to HomeAway integration will likely motivate other platforms to integrate with Matterport.

Are you listening Zillow?

What are your thoughts about the ability to publish 360ºs from Matterport to VRBO and HomeAway?

Best,

Dan

P.S. Three other platforms can also publish to VRBO and HomeAway.

Screen Grab from Matterport Support
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suzanne private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for posting this information. I use 3.0 and have the GSV and Realtor.com apps; however, I do not see the "Publish to VRBO and HomeAway" app. Suggestions?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Suzanne

HomeAway and VBRBO icons will likely show up later today (Monday, 3 June 2019). Matterport announced this feature today. I could imagine that they are still rolling out the implementation.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suzanne private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Video: HomeAway Virtual Tours: Today | Video courtesy of HomeAway YouTube Channel

@Suzanne

You're welcome.

All,

WGAN Forum related discussion:

HomeAway and VRBO Vacation Rentals: Matterport versus InsideMaps

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

A related WGAN Forum discussion:

Slides from HomeAway/VRB0 Webinar for Property Managers Today 12 June 2019

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Related WGAN Forum discussions:

How to Publish 360º Tour to VRBO and HomeAway via Matterport Workshop V3.0
A MSP Business Model & Workflow to Ace VRBO/HomeAway for Property Managers
Slides from HomeAway/VRB0 Webinar for Property Managers Today 12 June 2019
Matterport + Meero + VRBO/HomeAway = Exponential Growth
HomeAway and VRBO Vacation Rentals: Matterport versus InsideMaps

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
WGAN-TV Matterport Workshop 3.0 Part 5 of 5 Short Story #708- How to Publish to VRBO App

Hi All,

In this WGAN-TV Short Story (#708) video (above), Matterport Marketing Manager Amir Frank shows you how to use Matterport Workshop 3.0 to publish to VRBO and HomeAway.

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Have you used a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera to publish to VRBO?

If so, do you find it helpful to shoot with the Matterport Pro2 3D Camera closer to the previous scan or doesn't Matterport?

I am asking because VRBO creates the 360º virtual tour from the Matterport 3D Tour. So, do you have to "help" VRBO be successful in creating the 360º tour?

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: WGAN-TV How Matterport Will Scale Exponentially with Matterport CMO Chris Bell Short Shorty #740 about VRBO

Hi All,

In addition to How to publish to VRBO/HomeAway (beginning of this discussion), here's the backstory (WGAN-TV Short Story #740) - from Matterport Chief Marketing Officer Chris Bell - about why the Matterport to VRBO/HomeAway integration is presently a 360º tour constructed by VRBO/HomeAway.

Best,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
101749 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?