Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
HomeAwayInsideMapsVacation MarketingVacation RentalsVRBO

Slides from HomeAway/VRB0 Webinar for Property Managers Today 12 June 20199586

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grabs from: VRBO-HomeAway Quarterly Webinar for Property Managers Wednesday, 12 June 2019.

Hi All,

Above are slides from the VRBO-HomeAway Quarterly Webinar for Property Managers today (12 June 2019).

The senior executives at "VER-boh" - that's the new, official way to say, V-R-B-O - are very excited about Virtual Tours. They presented a study - see slides - showing Virtual Tours double engagement with the listing, increase satisfaction.

Unfortunately, executives made two incorrect statements:

1. Matterport is a self-service platform: no mention that you could engage a Matterport Service Provider (They are incorrectly telling Property Managers that the only way to use Matterport is to do it yourself. I do not believe it was intentionally; just not well versed in the topic yet)
2. "All you need is an iPhone to shoot a Matterport tour."

They did say that if you have a Matterport Tour today, you upload it to VRBO/HomeAway today. There was no mention that it is presently restricted (I believe to United States and Canada). There was no discussion that uploading a Matterport tour to their platform is converted into a 360ยบ tour.

Overall, today's webinar was super-positive about Virtual Tours and was one of the three top takeaways from today's webinar.

Dan

P.S. HomeAway brand will become VRBO (pronounced VER-boy) going forward.

P.P.S. Interesting that they refer to Matterport as "video" ... I heard that before.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

How might you use the above info to help get business from Property Managers of vacation rentals?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
Is the Matterport tour conversion actually working on mobile as well? According to Dee on a User Group call on Tuesday it was only working on desktop. In my cases it does not matter since Matterport still has not figured out why my tours wont display on VRBO/Homeaway on any device.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@THRHHI

I recall that during the webinar, they said it was coming soon to mobile. I would to check the video when they likely send me the link tomorrow.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
101436 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?