Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
bugCapture 2.xCapture AppScanningScans

Issues with Capture84

JakeRees private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone,
This may be in another thread, but I have not seen anything about this specific issue so I apologize if it is mis-categorized.
Yesterday while finishing a scan I duplicated my file ( I do this as a precaution) before I deleted some extra scans that where very close together. After doing this two of the floors I had as separate layers, where showing the same. One was a stair case, and the other the first floor.
The first floor was only showing the model of the stair case, all of my scan points where still there but with the wrong image. The bottom floor remained, and there was no glitch.

I talked to Bob and he said he had not seen or heard of anything like this happening. He told me to upload the file and see if the data was still there.

To be safe, I re-scanned the top floor and uploaded both files. All the data was still there on the original.

I wanted to know if anyone else has run into anything like this before.

I have also had problems with the capture app quitting after finishing a sweep, multiple times all in different properties. Bob said it could be lack of storage space, but I have over 16gb free.

Thanks!
Jake
Post 1 IP   flag post
sdubose99 private msg quote post Address this user
Don't know about the first question but I've had the app crash like you saw. Don't know why or how to prevent it. Some help I've been, huh!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
I've been experiencing the app crash, too. I got it several times during the last scan I did. It always (or almost always) happened when I was marking windows and mirrors mid scan.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Glenda private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure if mine crashed or if I accidentally hit the home button.
Post 4 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
I had the same problem today that Craig mentions. I was entering a trim line and crashed out of the app. I lost the sweep that was in progress and the sweep that was aligning at the time. I had to redo both, but they went in and aligned with no problems.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@JakeRees Welcome to the Forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeRees
before I deleted some extra scans that where very close together. After doing this two of the floors I had as separate layers, where showing the same. One was a stair case, and the other the first floor.
The first floor was only showing the model of the stair case, all of my scan points where still there but with the wrong image. The bottom floor remained, and there was no glitch.

I talked to Bob and he said he had not seen or heard of anything like this happening. He told me to upload the file and see if the data was still there.

To be safe, I re-scanned the top floor and uploaded both files. All the data was still there on the original.

I wanted to know if anyone else has run into anything like this before.

I have not noticed this. I too duplicate jobs before deleting Scans (and I frequently delete many scans). On this 4-story Atlanta house I shot yesterday, I deleted 40 of the 236 scans. I placed the Scans on the appropriate floor. Stairs are owned by the floor below.

About the app (v2) quitting, that happens to me when:

1. Scans are too far apart
2. Bright light
3. After 100+ scans (increases frequency of quitting)
4. Potentially lots of glass (more likely Scan fails)

Eager to hear from others on these two topics.

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
ccctucker private msg quote post Address this user
When you duplicate the scans, it's going to eat up precious memory. If your an app hoarder, especially Adobe and auto desk stuff, that will kill the memory. I have a iPad Air/64 and often have to check my current space allocations. Try it the next time you get a crash.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Omaha, NE
judysmithre private msg quote post Address this user
I was capturing a scan yesterday and got a missed scan message, but this message was different. It said it appeared the Matterport was about to fall off the tripod. I went and checked and sure enough, the camera was hanging on by less than a 1/2 inch. One more scan, and it would have fallen. I am so thankful for the technology to know that was about to happen. Thank you Matterport for being so smart!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Tim private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, that's awesome...clever.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@judysmithre @Tim

I got the wobble message while positioning the camera on top of a bed: a different way to generate this message. (By placing a flat board on the bed, I was able to get the scan I wanted.)

Post 10 IP   flag post
101436 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?