Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Buy CameraCommentaryCreate DemandMarketingMatterport Ecosystem

How Matterport can sell more Matterport cameras, processing and hosting7817

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Dear Matterport,

To sell more Matterport cameras, Cloud subscriptions and ancillary services such as 2D floor plans, MatterPaks and publishing to Google Street View, Matterport needs to grow demand for Matterport 3D Tours in various verticals, such as residential real estate.

Imagine Matterport marketing resulting in prospective home sellers telling a real estate agent, “If you want to list my house for sale, you need to include a Matterport 3D Tour.”

The result?

Real estate agents and brokers will either buy a Matterport Camera (without having to discount the Camera) or engage a Matterport Service Provider.

Imagine real estate photographers - hearing from their trusted real estate agent clients - “You need to buy a Matterport Camera or I will need to engage a photographer that offers this service.”

To get started, Matterport should target three test markets with this marketing strategy.

I could imagine that Matterport would like to do one more round of venture capital before taking the company public. I could imagine that once Matterport cracks the code for increasing demand for Matterport 3D toursa scalable business model – it would be a much easier conversation with VCs.

While it is likely that Matterport and I would agree that for Matterport to succeed, it needs to help real estate agents …

✓ get more listing presentations
✓ win more listing presentations
✓ get bigger premium listings

… where we likely disagree is the marketing strategy to achieve this. Matterport needs to be laser-sharp focused on increasing demandmarketing to homeowners – rather than discount camera retargeting offers to real estate agents.

“Successful direct-to-consumer advertising strategy has been well documented in the pharmaceutical space. This form of advertising is directed toward patients, rather than healthcare professionals. The rhetorical objective of direct-to-consumer advertising is to directly influence the patient-physician dialogue in order to increase sales of a particular pharmaceutical drug,” according to Wikipedia.

It’s time for Matterport to adopt the proven and successful marketing strategy of drug companies so that the entire Matterport ecosystem will Succeed Faster.

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

You are absolutely correct - they need to drive the demand for the technology and let US fight it out with realtors who want to do it on their own. I've always participated in end-user marketing (forward marketing) in all places where I've worked. And, well.....it's always WORKED. It requires diligence and persistence, but not only do you get the "insist on 3D tours" message across, they can make "Matterport" synonymous with quality 3D tours that WORK. Consumers don't have the time or inclination to sort between technologies. This gives Matterport the unique ability to have their brand DOMINATE the space for years to come.

Imagine a commercial during major sporting events highlighting the absolutely phenomenal tech that they've developed and the effect it has on sales of listings. Imagine that same message repeated often..... do you think that realtors would get away with going cheap on listings in the future? And (horrors!) they could actually talk about PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY as a part of the package instead of pushing the 2D snapshots from the Matterport. That would make them a CREDIBLE voice. But, that long-term healthy strategy eludes their marketing department as they focus on the "crack" of selling cameras however they can and setting marketing channels AGAINST one another.

Sorry, climbing off soapbox now.....

Keith
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Chemistrydoc

All sounds great to me, including the TV commercial that also gets used for retargeting ...

Should we write the script for Matterport?

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

I would enjoy nothing more! Feature all demographics, but especially older millenials, who will be the ones to derive the most use / benefit from MP.

End user marketing is generally very effective.

KF
Post 4 IP   flag post
101429 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?