Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasHardware ErrorInside CameraMother BoardProblemsUrgent

Matterport hardware - damaged mainboard - Can you help?7237

gustavovc private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone!

I have a MP PRO camera and I'm facing a hard trouble. The camera stopped working (not charging, no lights, no display, nothing...).

I live in Brazil and the guarantee period is over (it's 1,5 years old). I contacted MP but they said the only way to fix is sending the camera to US, but the costs to send it back + the repair cost will be unviable.

So I'm trying to fix it localy and a eletronic technican tested every component and concluded that some of then are in short-circuit at the mainboard.

My question is: is there anybody who has a intact mainboard from a damaged camera? Alternatively, do you think I can find the separate components (please see the pictures with the marked components).

I know tha it's a hard challenge, but maybe someone could help.

I'm very disapointted not to have the parts supplied from MP and to lose a camera with so little time...

Sorry about the english mistakes and thanks!

Gustavo

Post 1 IP   flag post
Gibbsboro, NJ
Radie842 private msg quote post Address this user
have you tried to just get the parts from Matterport?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Yes, @Radie842...I tried it but they said that the only way to fix the camera is sending it to MP...They doesn't supply the parts...Unfortunetly it's a risk you have to take if you are outside US.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
For what it is worth, Matterport do an extensive job on refurbishing / reconditioning cameras. Their production facility is in-house and they build these things from the ground up, test each, etc.

It's quite painful to hear about your situation.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@gustavovc

As I understand it, Matterport will ship you a replacement camera first and then you send back your camera. They then charge you the repair cost. You might ask them: 1) how much? and 2) confirm the return process. International may work differently.

If Matterport determines that the problem was their fault, they might not even charge you. Again, something that you would want to confirm with Matterport Support.

Wishing you an easy, inexpensive solution ...

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Dan and @Metroplex360,

Just to give you some feedback, I could't found a local solution. I'm sending the camera to MP and they will send me a replacement one. I'm gonna count with a friend's help that is going to US and will make the transport for me.

After analysing the problem, they will charge it between $300 - $800.

I hope everything works out. I will inform you in the end.

Thanks
Gustavo
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@gustavovc

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
101437 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?