Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasCapture AppLightingPhotomatixTips

Matterport and Lighting695

KenBanks private msg quote post Address this user
I am brand new to this and have a bunch of questions but I'll start with this one. I have been shooting HDR photography for real estate for some time now. I personally have never used any additional lighting but I also have the ability to edit the photographs. I use photomatix and then edit again in photoshop. I do know other photographers who do HDR but include lighting and I like the way it looks. It's probably way less editing also. Has anyone tried mounting a battery powered LED to the top of the Matterport scanner??? Projecting out a light source would help with windows although I do understand that it would be seen more in reflections.
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
I was going to experiment with that very thing on my next shoot. Typical lighting setups one might do with interior stills would be problematic because you'd have to move the lights all the time to avoid being in the scans, thus the lighting would change as you moved thru the model which would be distracting.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Right, that would be impossible. Even cords would cause issues. It would have to be battery. I was thinking about something like this.

[url=http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/996876-REG/genaray_sp_e_240b_spectroled_essential_240_bi_color.html

Finding a way to mount it wouldn't be that difficult although you might have to epoxy something to the top of the MP camera. I wouldn't want it to be heavier either because it might cause the motor that spins it to burn out faster...
Post 3 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
just hold it up behind the camera. put your iPad on the floor under the tripod.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Ugh....that would get old, fast!! I'd need to take a dramamine for a 5,000 sqft house.
Post 5 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys, I've mounted a 1/8" piece of glass with double stick tape to the top of my camera which will allows suction mounts to adhere to the glass. I purchased 2 x 160 LED battery powered lights http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0064Z9678/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item
as well as 2 x Delkin Devices Fat Gecko Double Knuckle Single Suction Cup Camera Mount http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002K8Q0EU/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item
The combine solution does exactly what you want. I was suppose to shoot a cathedral that had very little lighting but at the last minute they pulled out of the shoot so I have no examples of a SC which used the rig. I can assure you that the lights will do the job and the whole rig cost less then a single Genaray SpectroLED light.
Post 6 IP   flag post
chdsi80 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarySnyder
Hi guys, I've mounted a 1/8" piece of glass with double stick tape to the top of my camera which will allows suction mounts to adhere to the glass. I purchased 2 x 160 LED battery powered lights http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0064Z9678/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item
as well as 2 x Delkin Devices Fat Gecko Double Knuckle Single Suction Cup Camera Mount http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002K8Q0EU/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item
The combine solution does exactly what you want. I was suppose to shoot a cathedral that had very little lighting but at the last minute they pulled out of the shoot so I have no examples of a SC which used the rig. I can assure you that the lights will do the job and the whole rig cost less then a single Genaray SpectroLED light.

Hi,
did this work out for you? are you happy with the results?
what about the weight? has this affected the camera operation in any way?

I am going to 3D print a case (instead of glue) for LED lighting on the top. I think I'll add a spot for a spirit level as well.

Thanks
Cyrus
Post 7 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Cyrus

I've still not had a need for the lights as this was a very special case where I was supposed to shoot part of the VT up a very dark spiral stairs up to a tower but as I said it didn't happen.

I'd be very interested in seeing what you design and produce as I have to admit I'm intrigued by your suggestion of printing a case for the camera.

Best regards
Gary
Post 8 IP   flag post
101421 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?