Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DystopianEthicsMatterport EcosystemPoachingTrust

For Matterport Employees That Are Upset Too6448

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

WGAN-TV: We Get Around Network Forum Founder Dan Smigrod

---

Hello Matterport Employees,

Thank you for reading the discussion this week. I can not even imagine how you feel.

Every day you create magic. And, all of us early adopters :love: that magic. You are brilliant. You are amazing. You should be very proud of what you have accomplished as a team.

Unfortunately, your leadership team (just) made the magic go away.

✓ Some of you will likely move on (perhaps sooner than later) because your options are likely worth less.
✓ Some of you will likely be let go because Camera Sales, Processing and Hosting will tank.
✓ Some of you will be working harder than ever because others got let go. Or, fewer hires.

You have read all the dystopian discussions from our Members - your clients. We all have been turned into raging fans from raving fans this week. Look at my video above.

It's not too late to right the ship.

It will take courage. Leadership doesn't always want to hear the truth from their employees.

Your leadership team made a big, error in judgement. That happens. Innovation is a messy process. I suggest you send the following email to your Supervisor, CEO, Board Member and/or VCs. This takes guts. I know you feel our pain. And, we feel the pain of all the super-talent Matterport team Members - like you - that creates magic every day. Together, we can help create value for all.

---

Hello,

I read the discussion in the We Get Around Network Forum this week. I agree with our customers.

1. Roll back the terms of service immediately to 18 February 2017
2. Develop a plan to offer our customers compensation for their intellectual property
3. Give our customers the option to opt-in either by Space, Folder of Spaces or all.
4. Whatever you do to make this right, the default can not be all content is opted-in
5. Develop a Code of Ethics (Includes: "We will not mine our customer's data to solicit their clients" )
6. Apologize to our customers.
7. Back up the apology with something of value (hosting, processing, GSV publishing)
8. Act swiftly
9. Be transparent. That was sneaky using the "Continue" Button to be the "Accept New Terms of Service"
10. Hold a Town Hall asking our team what can we do to restore the trust of our customers?

[Your Name]

---

Thank you and enjoy your weekend. May next week be better for all of us.

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Great post Dan. Maybe the Matterport suits will take notice of what their employees have to say.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Biggles private msg quote post Address this user
Dan, your tireless work for the 3D community has been exceptional value to us all, let’s hope common sense prevails. What can they be thinking?!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Dan,

I think that Matterport should roll back the terms of service to 18 Feb 2017 -- because I believe that all of this could have been accomplished without the TOS being amended and without scaring everyone. Matterport have great ideas, just reckless methods to accomplish them that ultimately won't make much of a difference to all of the people who are scared and angry.

I believe that there's a way to accomplish everything you've said without compromising a SINGLE BIT of what Matterport intends to do with their amazing opportunities that they are going to be creating for all of us in the future.

I think there was no reason to scare the community with a TOS change that seemed to focus on CONTROL.

I think that in reality, while the TOS contains a lot of questionable ideas -- the actual purpose of this all is in NO WAY detrimental to any of us.

I think there was a better way and I hope that Matterport consider revising their TOS in such a manner that every single one of their brilliant ideas are still possible without cutting the MSP out of the process.

I want to be very clear -- I believe there was a better way to do this, I'm not worried at all about the current situation and I'm not angry at Matterport. I just wish that this wasn't how the Matterport Ecosystem debuted.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod ....Thank you, Dan.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101637 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?