Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.XYZAECMatterport MatterPakPricing

How do you sell MatterPak™ bundle?6063

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user

I haven't really been in the AEC sphere, but I know there's business to be had there...

In light of Matterport's announcement of the MatterPak™, I'm curious if there's an opportunity to re-sell this to the client, or is it only for the MSPs who actually work with the pointcloud/reflected ceiling plan etc.?

For a client in the AEC sector we'd likely charge the same rates for the actual scanning of the space... as for providing the additional MatterPak™ bundle to the client, what do you think the upsell is? $99? $150? $250? more? I honestly don't know how valuable the info is for them to have, so it's hard to price it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Liam_Tayler private msg quote post Address this user
For those, like me, who are new to this market,.. here is a good link explaining the differences!

https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/115014408768-Matterport-The-All-in-One-Solution-for-Architecture-Engineering-and-Construction#ceilingplan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
We have noticed that:

As part of this new automation process, OBJs will only be available with the MatterPak™ Bundle. MatterPak™ Bundles (with all commercial assets) will be available for any Matterport Space created on or after December 13, 2017. Matterpak™ Bundles for Spaces created before December 12, 2017 will only contain the OBJ file (no additional assets).

Means user can't get the free OBJ file anymore from Matterport now, right?

But don't worry about it JuMP team can make it, turn any Matterport showcase mesh file to OBJ file.
PM JuMP if you have requirement of OBJ file.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
Hello everyone,

JuMP team want to contribute to the WGA forum and benefit all Matterport users by our knowledge.
Just like the JuMP-ME v1.0 for all of you to get the SQFT of Matterport showcase.

But due to the release of MatterPak™ Bundle, Matterport users can't download free OBJ file now.
And our JuMP-ME v1.0 is based on the OBJ file that users downloaded from Matterport.
So you may not be able to use JuMP-ME v1.0 anymore.

Our management team decide:
We will develop a software(online or offline depend on the reaction from Matterport).
This software will transfer any Matterport showcase to standard OBJ file with all textures.
This software will be free for at least 1 year.

Before we release the software we want to get the support from WGA members and all Matterport users.
Please send email with title: "We support JuMP team!" to jumpiit3d@gmail.com

Just send a support email to us, we will return you the software.
We want to get more than 1000 support emails before we release it.
Thank you all.

JuMP team from Beijing, China
Post 4 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
When we scan for AEC we make a different calculation from regular 3DTour scans. This because for AEC you tend to scan twice as many scanpoints to create a perfect (dense) dataset.

The AEC package from Matterport (matterpak) is a fantastic tool for 3D modeling and it will surely have cost them quite a bit to develop it. But USD 49 is a little bit too pricy. Why not USD 19 for small and USD 29 for large spaces?

And what is more important:

I think it is the completely wrong decision to move the formerly free obj to this expensive package.

Many innovative 3rd party services have built their services on this free obj. The free obj is an important part of the Matterport product. This decision would affect the quality of the Matterport product in a very negative way.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
HI All,

Other thoughts on this topic?

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A Member writes me:

"My only interest in the Matterpak bundle is what it's worth to sell to someone who does know what to do with it. If I'm paying $49... is that something I have to provide at cost to a client and just get payment on the scan... or would their be folks willing to pay $99? $200? $500? "

Your thoughts on this?

Dan

---
Post 7 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
It's unclear to me if the OBJs will stay free for all models scanned through Jan 25th. or if we'll have to pay to download them for past scans too. I've inquired support but I got no answer yet.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
My opinion is:
1. Before MatterPack released full size OBJ file isn't make profit to Matterport.
It is kind of midstage result of the showcase data generation.
2. Why Matterport allow us to download it from the beginning?
It is the only thing (so call result) we can get after we purchased camera and pay processing fee.
Matterport can't provide any other result files that we can download. I remembered that Matterport told us due to some technical reason only OBJ can be download, and it will allow us to download more files in future at the very beginning of Matterport business. I believe I am not the only one who had seen that words on Matterport's website. But they didn't fullfill that promise.
3. Now Matterport may found some way to use the full size OBJ, and it may generate profit to them.
So Matterport will start to charge it in MatterPack.
Matterport assumed that no one will concern about the only one result we can own is gone now.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
I'm glad I spent the time to download the OBJs of all my past projects, as every OBJ, new and old, comes now at the premium price.
Post 10 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
Here they mention "High resolution OBJ" -> same as before -> for me the "previous" OBJ´s are far away from a high resolution mesh.

Did I miss something?
Post 11 IP   flag post
101436 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?