Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseBrowserbugProblems

Problems with clients opening showcase link553

childert private msg quote post Address this user
I have had two recent clients open my URL link to the showcase from my email and get an error in IE (their default browser) that the browser was not compatible. When pasting the link into Chrome it worked fine. Their IE browser is the latest version and their locations were not common one was at the office the other was at their home.

Has anyone else seen this or dealt with it?

Also does anyone know why the latest versions of browsers are even required? Google street view works for everyone and seems to be very similar functionality.
Post 1 IP   flag post
3dvirtueletour private msg quote post Address this user
Could it not be they have YouTube Blokker on the pc..? When he is blocking advertising it dont work...? ASK

Ferry
Post 2 IP   flag post
childert private msg quote post Address this user
I run ad block or ad block plus on all my browsers and it does not seem to have any ill effects on my Showcases? I will ask the question though.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
I'm right now dealing with a client who has a friend who can't get the 3D Showcase I just made for her to work. I haven't got the details about the browser/version but maybe there is some new compatibility issue?

I'm tracking the views of the Showcase and can see that lots of people are viewing the Showcase and spending lots of time on it, so it's not that the problem is affecting everyone.

Craig
Post 4 IP   flag post
seanminor private msg quote post Address this user
What are you using to track the views? Can you give us an idea on how much time people are spending on the Showcase?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Orange, California
I use @rpetersn's excellent WP3D plugin.

Since I started using the plugin and set up Google Analytics for it (in mid July) I've gotten almost 1500 unique views of my site, with an average view time of over 3.5 minutes.

For individual 3D Showcases I tend to see view times of 2 or 3 minutes.

For the Showcase my client is complaining about, it just went live yesterday and I've seen 34 unique viewers, with an average view time of over 8(!) minutes. That's probably due to someone keeping it open overnight or in a tab on their browser for a long time.

Craig
Post 6 IP   flag post
That's awesome. So this is just to your site? It's my understanding that we can't track anything if we put the link as a VT on the MLS, correct?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Orange, California
The plugin provides full-screen links to the 3D Showcase that are trackable.

For example, this one: http://3dinteriorscanning.com/3d-model/6443-e-marita-st/?fullscreen

The regular property page for that link looks like this:

http://3dinteriorscanning.com/3d-model/6443-e-marita-st/

And there's also a version of the link that strips off my branding so clients can share it with only their branding on it:

http://3dinteriorscanning.com/3d-model/6443-e-marita-st/?nobrand

It runs through my website but it is MLS compliant since it doesn't have any branding on it.

I can track each link type independently, too, so I can see which views are (mostly) coming from the MLS and which ones are coming from elsewhere.

The only real downside is that the WP3D links don't get the special treatment from Zillow, so I give clients the regular Matterport link to submit directly to Zillow.

Craig
Post 8 IP   flag post
Ok, Just so I am clear, the links you give your clients to put on their MLS, go to/through your site for the tracking abilities?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Orange, California
Yes, that's right.

This is the link I gave my client for my most recent scan for the MLS:

http://3dinteriorscanning.com/3d-model/6443-e-marita-st/?fullscreen

Craig
Post 10 IP   flag post
101636 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?