Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBuyGearPricingTripod

Best Tripod for Matterport?5086

JAX1979 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

After a lengthy wait, my Matterport camera should be delivered this week (fingers crossed no further delays).

I think i over shot the IPAD as did not research enough and got one yesterday.

I do not want to do the same with the tripod, any recommendations other than what is on the matterports recommended page?

(also need a case)

Many thanks from the UK!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
@JAX1979 Check out @DanSmigrod recommendations at https://www.we-get-around.com/buy-matterport-camera-gear-and-accessories
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Dan recommends the Manfrotto MT190XPRO4.

I have had issues with Manfrottos - they aren't perfect. The last one's legs fly off if not handled carefully, and all of my Manfrottos with legs extended equally are not perfectly level. I don't know what happens, but they just don't seem to be precise. I did buy the DLEV gadget, which I absolutely find infuriating.

So for me, I have a soft spot for that MT190XPRO4, it's good value and I cannot think of a better tripod to recommend.

But! I'm looking for one
Post 3 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
I have been using this tripod for the last year and have not had any issues. It is light weight, has a small footprint and offers a lot of flexibility with respect to various positions for height considerations or tight spaces. It has a double locking ferrule so I don't need to worry about the legs ever slipping. This is a great tripod and ball head even at twice the price.

I have the Manfrotto that Dan and @Metroplex360 recommend and it is holding down the carpet in the back of my van if ever the need arises. For me I go with the Zomei hands down.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@JonJ

While I am glad that you like the tripod that comes with a ball-head, that's an accident waiting to happen for a newbie reading tripod recommendations and going with this solution.

For a newbie, I do not recommend a ball-head tripod. While there are a lot of advantages - and many Members of the We Get Around Network Forum Community use ball-heads on their tripod, if you are new to photography, buying a ball-head to use with Matterport will put your Camera at risk of dropping, the first time you don't lock-down the ball.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
JAX1979 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks guys,

Forum really seems to click into life when the US wakes up.

Ordered the Manfrotto 190XPRO Aluminium
Post 6 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
@JAX1979 for a number of reasons, you really want the carbon version of any tripod you purchase.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101635 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?