Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,051 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BuyBuy CameraCamerasPro2

Matterport Pro1 Compatible with Street View?4685

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I wonder if the original Matterport Camera - Prior to the Matterport Pro2 Camera announced today (31 May 2017) is compatible with Google Street View.

While Matterport announced that Matterport is Google Street View VR Ready, I wonder if that only applies to the new Matterport Pro2 Camera.

At the 2017 Google Street View Summit in Tokyo (10-11 May 2017), Google said the minimum requirements for a Camera/Software/Platform to be Google Street View certified is that the minimum imagine quality MUST be 4K.

Given that I was at the Google Street View Summit, I missed an opportunity to ask these questions:

1. If Google's requirement is that a Camera be 4K - and the Cameras before the Pro2 announcement are not 4K - will Matterport Pros that own the first generation of Cameras be able publish to Google Street View?
2. Is Matterport able to do a firmware upgrade that would enable pre Pro2 Cameras to be Google Street View VR Ready?
3. Will Matterport Pro1 owners be able to publish to Google Street View, even if the Camera is not certified Google Street View ready?

What other Google Street View VR Ready versus Matterport Pro1 and Pro2 Cameras should I have asked?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
The Pro1 is fully GSV compatible. No firmware update needed.

Pro1 is 4K when the panos are combined. It's certified. The OBJ file from both Pro1 and Pro2 are about the same quality (textures are improved with Pro2). Therefore, I doubt that the 3D data submitted to Google will be very different.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360

That's great news for all of us that own the original Matterport Pro 3D Camera (Pro1).

Thanks for letting the We Get Around Network Forum Community know!!! (!!!)

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
101628 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?