Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 666 Unique Visitors
9,060 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,289 Page Views | 18,665 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Matterport Eliminates Footer Logo Banner Bar3059

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport eliminates the footer logo banner bar is the news that I expect that we will hear from Matterport by Friday, 4 November 2016.

The We Get Around Forum Community is OUTRAGED by this latest misstep by Matterport. Our discussion is being read by 11,000 monthly visitors – many whom are deciding which visual storytelling platform to buy.

Matterport reads EVERY WORD in the We Get Around Forum Community. Look no further than the amazing, incredibly useful 3rd party solutions that they have killed that have only been promoted in the We Get Around Forum and Newsletters.

So, by Friday (they move slowly), look for the footer to be eliminated and the TERMS to back to its original (still horrible) top right location in small, transparent print.

This news is NOT a day to rejoice.

For me, it feels like I have a Matterport headache from the elimination of 3rd Party Solutions. To (try) to make my headache go away, they kicked me in the knees (the footer banner) so pain is focused on my knees, not my head.

Matterport WILL make an announcement:

✓ "we hear you"
✓ "We apologize"
✓ "You were right"
✓ "We are listening"

When we hear all these words, just know that you were hit in the knees to make you forget about the pain in your head.

That's the time to say, "Great! Now stop killing 3rd party solution providers innovative work to make the platform much more valuable to all of us."

All that said, I continue to be Matterport's bigger fan. Some days - some weeks - are hard to remind myself of that.

I will be writing a post about why I am VERY EXCITING about the long-term future of Matterport even though they can drive me – the Community – nuts in the short run.

Dan

---

Related Discussions

---

Matterport Opening: VP/Customer Frustration
Matterport Ugly Footer (Matterport Logo/Terms of Service
Matterport Kills Services Discussion Index
Matterport changed where they display TERMS
In response to the recent Matterport branding & Terms and Conditions
Post 1 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
Very well said, Dan,
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, we ALL need to make our voices heard loud and clear!
Post 3 IP   flag post
alsangio private msg quote post Address this user
Please... I can't stand this new footer...
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Removing the footer is in Matterport's best interest as it detracts from the appeal of their platform for individuals who may be interested in buying a camera.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360

I can not even imagine what Matterport was thinking when they added this horrible-in-your-face-logo-footer.

It is SO distracting!!! (!!!)

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
The way they kill any branding/editing possibilities for a professional agency/freelancer and our clients is just a "show stopper". With this we can not start a Matterport Business at all in Europe.

Everything else are toy solutions. I can now also capture with my new PIXEL and some other special software to generate a much better 3D model than that what MP provides. Besides Apple is not longer a pro platform. Microsoft, Intel and Google are much much better on this. Just see the latest products.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
@mori .. dude you cannot tease us like that. If you have found an alternative to MP we'd all love to know about it. Or if you could PM me with your solution that will be awesome!
Post 8 IP   flag post
VRealExperience private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@Metroplex360

I can not even imagine what Matterport was thinking when they added this horrible-in-your-face-logo-footer.

It is SO distracting!!! (!!!)

Dan

I received an email response from the CEO in regards to the email I sent him directly.

I dont think this community will be happy, though what was to be expected. They made this decision knowing the impact going in...they didnt make this decision out of thin air...
Post 9 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Truth be told, I miss the old icons:

It was SO much easier and more intuitive to switch between different views while also moving up or down a floor with one click instead of two.

Now we're left with just a dollhouse icon that you have to click on to get to the floor plan view (text button gets totally lost in the tour), a VR icon that 99.9% of all users won't use (I'm glad you can remove this), and a footer logo that's distracting.

Ay ay ay!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
@mori can you give us some kind of comparison in regards to the time it take start to finish with MP vs your other solution? Any info would be great.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Rik private msg quote post Address this user
I miss the old icons too!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@mori More information on your pixel solution would be fantastic!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
I might be jumping to conclusions, but I assume @mori is referring to the quality of the mesh model and not a complete comparison of a Matterport space vs another solution.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
While it would be great if Matterport eliminated the "info bar" at the bottom of the Matterport Space, at the very least, if Matterport moved the "[logo] Matterport terms" to the top right, this would be a baby step in the right direction. Eliminating "[logo]" would be the next baby step in the right direction. Then eliminating "Matterport" in "Matterport terms" would bring us back to the good olde days of just being unhappy about having "terms" anywhere.

When Matterport added this "info bar" ... it knocked us on our head because:

1. It's valuable screen real estate being used to promote Matterport
2. It added the Matterport logo so that it is always visible
3. It added "Matterport" so that it is always visible

I don't mind "Help" so much because our eye is drawn to the bottom for navigation (with all the other actions). The BIG challenge is that the eye is drawn to the bottom for navigation help and ALWAYS see "[Matterport logo] Matterport terms".

It's all ...

V E R Y A N N O Y I N G

Note to competitors: offer white-label version of your platform for the Pro community. We will pay extra to exercise that option.

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
DSPhoto private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod I think we pay enough as it is. Give it to us at a competitive price instead.
Post 16 IP   flag post
101815 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?