Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 666 Unique Visitors
9,061 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,289 Page Views | 18,665 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Matterport changed where they display TERMS3038

leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport have changed where they display their 'Terms' and 'Help' icons, at the bottom right corner of the screen. Their name and logo clearly displayed at all times which I'm not too happy about. Thoughts?

Post 1 IP   flag post
ScanMan private msg quote post Address this user
I'm super pissed !!! It takes up real estate on my model that's unwanted and totally useless. Go stick your useless t&c's that no one reads else where than on my work !
Metroplex had allready picked up on it a few threads below and is equally pissed! https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/3037/page/1/1027---mp-news---fov-adjusted--ugly-footer/#2
Post 2 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
Pissed? That's the understatement of the year.... I think Matterport needs to be bought out by someone that really understands that regarding the Real Estate industry, tour operators are the LONG TERM key to the success and use of their product.

Tour Operators are key in the RE industry as we provide all services that the agent needs. When is Matterport going to realize that the smart agents are the ones that want these tours and they don't really want to spend their time shooting the tours themselves. They may get sold into buying a camera because they are so blown away when they see it for the first time, but after a while when the novelty has worn off and that they realize that they should be out there selling RE and not behind a camera, you're going to see a bunch of cameras being sold and bringing down the values of the camera.

Are they that stupid to not know that the real profit center is in the hosting and uploading fees along with the extras such as Floor plans and VR in their own business? Selling Cameras is short term profit but the more they sell, the more they devalue their product. Why do you think DeBeers doesn't sell all the diamonds that they mine? There's a huge stockpile of Diamonds just sitting in volts but they only release them in a measured quantity each year; as to control the price by supply and demand. It's obvious greed that's driving Matterport bus. You know what they say "Pigs get fat, Hogs get slaughtered". Their slaughter will be the day they have a real competitor that 'gets it' and everyone jumps ship to them. Matterport, its told to us that you read everypost so I hope you are hearing this, People don't forget the way they are treated, never.....

Pissed? I am beyond reproach with their Me, Myself and I way of doing business.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I already offered to sign their terms of service daily via e-mail if they'll take it off.
Post 4 IP   flag post
VRealExperience private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/3049/page/1/in-response-to-the-recent-mp-branding--tncs/#3
Post 5 IP   flag post
VRealExperience private msg quote post Address this user
If you want to be technical about, imagine if every part of the solution involved were to force their branding.

Apple would have a giant logo - for they provide the Capture App and housing of the model to be interacted with during the process.

Amazon would have a giant logo for they are providing the backend infrastructure and architecture for which Matterport designs to support their solution's processing and stitching software.

The manufacturer's of the cameras specific components would have logos blasted all over the place.

The executive staff should read two books in full:
- Tribes by Seth Godin (RE: How to build a community)
- 5 Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni (RE: Having the best product but company is at risk)
Post 6 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360
Did they respond to you offer?
Post 7 IP   flag post
101818 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?