Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 321 Unique Visitors
9,078 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 31,845 Page Views | 17,061 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

10/27/16 MP News: FOV Adjusted + Ugly Footer3037

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Summary:

- Ignore iOS 10's error message about no DNS when connecting.
- FOV adjusted in Showcase
- Annoying Help / Terms links in top right become 4x as annoying and ugly in new nasty footer.

[Link Redacted and screen grabs inserted - @DanSmigrod]

Thanks Matterport! Now all of my tours have a hideous black bar all the way across the bottom of each tour to accomodate a big fat link to a bunch of text that no one (except me) needs to ever bother reading.

EPIC FAIL.

[The following is inserted by @DanSmigrod This is the Matterport Newsletter that @Metroplex is summarizing.]

Post 1 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure how you feel about this. Can you please expand on your thoughts? ;-)
Post 2 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
It's a banner-ad on each model for MP that what it means!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
It's just really ugly. I like how it was before. Adding a massive black bar that covers 100% of the width of the tour is terrible design.

I also liked the separate Dollhouse and Floorplan icons from Showcase 1.0.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
+1 I agree. Doesnt look good. Waste of valuable screen space especially on a mobile device that doesnt have fullscreen features.
Post 5 IP   flag post
ScanMan private msg quote post Address this user
I'm super pissed !
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
I made a website the other day that I thought was pretty great. The client didn't like how it was black and white and requested that I put green and blue all over it and change the fonts. Something in me died a little bit.

This is probably the story of the Matterport UI. There is a UX designer out there who just died a little bit inside.
Post 7 IP   flag post
CelisNet private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, that was a punch below the belt very sad.
Post 8 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
I pray everyday for an innovator to show up and offer a better value proposition so I can say good bye to Matterport.
Unfortunately, in the meantime I have to accept whatever thew wanto to do.
My hopes are in this year's CES. I believe that it will be the year of the VR experiences and who knows, perhaps a little start up trying to make things right?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
See Matterport? I just wrote how people will want to Jump ship the moment they have the chance and then only 1 minute after posting my thoughts on this do i go to another post and find jfantin saying exactly what I just said....... He can't want to leave you as soon as there's something else out there that is the same or better than your product. Another pissed off Tour Provider here too.....
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
I'm going to be nothing but rude about the updated interface while being complimentary to the previous one. Occasionally I'll slip in a fond memory of the time we had a separate floorplan button.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
Businesses are Matterport's business, not the end user. Very few end users would even consider such an outlay. As a brand builder I see no sense in their approach and @jfantin is just one example of how it could turn sour for them if they forget their primary market... businesses.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
The new terms footer bar is absolute rubbish!

Extremely annoying how they spend time on useless development like this, instead of focusing solely of the features that would benefit their users.
Post 13 IP   flag post
VisualKusuma private msg quote post Address this user
Yup could not agree more with you guys! That ugly footer thingy.....
Post 14 IP   flag post
I Just sent my Mr Grumpy letter to the support team ...I would suggest others do the same. Make your voice heard in the right place. Send a Support request to have your opinion noted.
Post 15 IP   flag post
HawaiiTour private msg quote post Address this user
I think this might become an issue with MLS branding rules.

11.5 Photographs on the MLS

..... branding of photographs, virtual tours or any other photographic representation with any information or additional images, including but not limited to photos displaying “for sale” signs posted on the property, is prohibited.

http://portal.mlslistings.com/compliance/2010/05/23/mls-rules-regulations/#eleven5clickable text
Post 16 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
Glad to see others with my same feelings: I wrote and sent this yesterday:

"Your Branding continues to get more and more intrusive making it harder and harder for us to market our services. Of course this is good for your bottom line but it hurts ours. Much harder for us to land a large client and provide scans for them when it is very in their face the technology and process we are using. Hard for us to keep clients if they realize they can do it cheaper themselves. If you started with obtrusive branding and kept it that would be one thing but to go from nothing, to small branding while 3d showcase loads to small branding after 3d showcase loads to an always present color logo is BS. What is next? Huge ever present logo in background with audio behind it repeating "Matterport."

I understand it is a business decision but I would like to think it is not in your best interest to cannibalize your own network of people selling your product for you."
Post 17 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport generally makes good technical decisions, and has been pretty responsive to our comments in improving the product. But whoever is running the business has been pretty out of touch with the community since Day 1. This is just the latest example.

I'm ready to jump ship just as soon as something else comes along.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Hopscotch private msg quote post Address this user
... I'll feel compelled to point out this difference to prospective clients. We are helping our clients sell spaces, and it's their branding that should come first.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopscotch
... I'll feel compelled to point out this difference to prospective clients. We are helping our clients sell spaces, and it's their branding that should come first.

You are so spot on in saying that.
Post 20 IP   flag post
With Matterports current way of thinking its probably best we don't tell the marketing guys at Canon or Nikon whats going for fear that they will want to embed a logo into every image ever taken on their cameras also?
Post 21 IP   flag post
@HawaiiTour when you talk about MLS listings, do you refer to a particular website or property portals in general? I did a Google Search and I'm still none the wiser.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
@Baxter MLS is a system that connects listings on several portals, we haven´t quite caught up with that in the UK as there are so many dated legacy systems and all the portals are afraid of the butterfly effect of touching any of them.

The us MLS system does´t allow branding in their published media, hence the reason why Matterport allows for an unbranded tour through the URL shortcodes.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@3DscannUK thanks for the explanation. Yes I can well imagine it could cause a bit of chaos for the portals here. Great for the end user, not so great for those pockets.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScanMan
With Matterports current way of thinking its probably best we don't tell the marketing guys at Canon or Nikon whats going for fear that they will want to embed a logo into every image ever taken on their cameras also?

Pft. That's so beneath them
Post 25 IP   flag post
102043 25 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?