Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
bugProblemsSoftware

Is iPad the Only Way to Upload?2753

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@PhotoJoe

Good try, but that's not going to work. Think of a train that has an engine and caboose and passenger cars in the middle.

Each model is a "passenger car" ...

For your return trip, these "passenger cars" must have the SAME engine and caboose when you started your journey.

---

Have you backed up to iCloud? If not, try that. Then, take your iPad back to factory settings. (Wipe it clean) Then, do a restore from your iCloud backup.

Why? Perhaps there is a "bad spot" where some of your data is located. Worth a try ...

Best,

Dan
Post 26 IP   flag post
Santa Barbara
Lizzg private msg quote post Address this user
Can one log in to Joe's account, then upload the model?
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@PhotoJoe

@Lizzg question got me wondering...

Could you restore your iCloud to a different iPad and see if that works? Perhaps with an iPad with cellular? Might be worth buying another iPad since you have paid biz that you are trying to deliver this weekend.

Dan
Post 28 IP   flag post
PhotoJoe private msg quote post Address this user
Update:

It's been 9 days and I still can't upload to Matterport. Apparently this is a known bug but still no fix.

I was able to extract the files from my iPad using iExplorer and put them into Matterport's Box Sync account but haven't gotten those yet.

Not happy.
Post 29 IP   flag post
DSPhoto private msg quote post Address this user
I just uploaded a scan using a brand new 128 iPad Air 2.

Matterport Capture Version 2.2(372.13684)
iPad version 9.3.4
iOS 10

Not trying to rub it in just adding info
Post 30 IP   flag post

@DSPhoto

What version of iOS 10 are you using? The one time mine worked was with 10.0.1. I suspect it has something to do with 10.0.2.

Thanks,
Joe
Post 31 IP   flag post
DSPhoto private msg quote post Address this user
I was mistaken. it's 9.3.4. This is my first iPad.

I mistook the update version as the actual until I went back and noticed the download and install button. With your troubles though I think I will wait to update.

Sorry,
Danny
Post 32 IP   flag post
Update: Some good news, finally.

I restored my iPad to factory settings, reinstalled the Capture app and did a quick one scan model. It uploaded instantly and it was available online a few hours later.

That's the good news. The bad news is I copied the models that wouldn't upload back to my iPad and even though they show up in the Capture app, they still won't upload.

I'm hoping Matterport customer service can help me rectify this problem and I'll be back in business.

Joe
Post 33 IP   flag post
Final update:

Matterport was able to process my models and I could open them in my workshop. Some of the 360 images were missing but I can live with that.

One more question. There are now seven identical versions of each model. They each have a unique URL. Can I safely delete all but one of them?

Thanks,
Joe
Post 34 IP   flag post
101429 34 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?