Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro3QuestionsStolen

Matterport Pro3 Camera Stolen: can Matterport track it?18322

Olegred private msg quote post Address this user
A colleague of mine had a bunch of equipment stolen from his truck, including Pro3. Is there any way Matterport can track it if he knows the serial number?

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Had the same thing happen to me - I was told they do not do that. I'm guessing there is metadata that tells them the serial number of whatever camera uploads a job, but they never confirmed that when I asked. Just hope they have good insurance!
Post 2 IP   flag post
He has good insurance, yes.
Post 3 IP   flag post
aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
what insurance providers do you guys use?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Sdoughtie private msg quote post Address this user
OMG That is horrible.

I cut a slit in the case and slipped an apple Airtag inside of it. Not because I thought it would be stollen, but I literally lose EVERYTHING!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Matterport
Camera
Repair Service
Gainesville, Florida
MatterFix private msg quote post Address this user
My understanding is that Matterport can blacklist the camera so that it cannot be used to upload models, but I have not gotten absolute confirmation on this. I would make sure that you have a police report filed with the serial number on the report and then contact Matterport. If you need assistance with this, let me know and I’ll see if I can find out what the procedure is. Also, if you’re ok with it, let us know the serial number…we have not purchased any used Pro3s yet, but someone may ask about selling it to us.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Having kit stolen is never nice.

Perhaps @DanSmigrod might compile a list of stolen Matterport cameras that purchasers could consult when offered second hand Matterport cameras?

Oliver
Post 7 IP   flag post
Good news on this one. It turns out he had an airtag in his dslr camera. The police located his equipment and some other things in a van parked at Walmart. But makes me think I need better insurance.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Gladsmuir
Having kit stolen is never nice.

Perhaps @DanSmigrod might compile a list of stolen Matterport cameras that purchasers could consult when offered second hand Matterport cameras?

Oliver

@Gladsmuir

Thank you for this idea:

=> List of Serial Numbers of Stolen Matterport Pro2/Pro3 Cameras

Dan

@Olegred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olegred
Good news on this one. It turns out he had an airtag in his dslr camera. The police located his equipment and some other things in a van parked at Walmart. But makes me think I need better insurance.

Thank you for letting us know!
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
@sdoughtie - GREAT idea for all gear!
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I'm switching to the Professional Photographers of America. They have great business insurance and cover equipment for lower than I am paying now. Plus an accreditation. Please check it out. They DO cover all Matterport cameras too!! I currently use Hiscox Insurance, but they don't cover loss and stolen equipment like PPA does. Google them.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101641 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?