Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CaptureHelpProblemsUploading

Help please! upload to Matterport (90 scans) but the upload never completed18293

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashcutter
Thank you all. This is my first scan. I started to upload to Matterport yesterday (maybe 90 scans) but the upload never completed. My iPad only showed 3% uploaded. Any ideas of what to do? I was doing this through the internet Wi-Fi network at home. Is there any way to go directly from iPad to computer to upload to mayterport? Thanks you again.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Ez solution: The first thing I would do, is login to my Matterport account and see if the model actually uploaded & is processing. If I do not see it, then I would re-upload it when I had a stable connection. Lately, though some scans get uploaded in the blink of an eye.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Duplicate the model on your ipad and re-upload the duplicate
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user
1. check if its uploaded and processing in your my.matterport.com account. if it is, great! if it isn't
go to step 2.
2. No need to duplicate the model on your ipad, simply adjust a marking (window, mirror, or trim) and hit upload.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Flashcutter

All set? How did you fix the problem?

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
White Plans, New York
Flashcutter private msg quote post Address this user
Not completed yet. Doing another upload on another network. Thanks
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
may be he is a part of the same problem me and a few guys in NZ and AU are experiencing. We are communicating about it on MOUG and two of us(me including) are running a diagnostic with Matterport Support. What we discovered already.. we are not uploading our jobs to matterport servers in USA as it used to be in 2022 and before.

Matterport picked up some cloud company in Australia(Brisbane, where I am) called Fastly and created DNS zone for Australian and new Zealand customers redirecting all of us to that company even when we try to open my.matterport.com or upload to it.

As the result the biggest problem is if I or other guys try to upload a job to Matterport before 4-5PM AEST nothing is uploading at all.. upload can stay for hours at 0% or just jump to 2-3% and again nothing happens for hours. For me at 5PM they start uploading really fast. Matterport replied they had a chat with Fastly and they could not find anything that preventing an upload before 5PM but I am quite sure it is happening because of that extra node created for us.

More over any 3D tour I open for viewing this year is loaded with bad resolution and it takes well over minute to load full resolution. So it is not just affecting MSPs uploads, it is actually ruining viewing experience. Before that I could see any 3D tour updated with high res in no more than 1-2 seconds.

I would suggest to run windows console command "tracert my.matterport.com" on any LAN device(desktop, laptop) that you connect your Ipad to for uploading and post your results. At least we will see how connection from you is routed to my.matterport.com.
You are in USA so you should not be affected by this extra node but who knows what Matterport changed because they changed it all for Oceania region and it brought all this.

If you want to run it on IPad there is a free app to do it called "IP Tools". If you install it on your IPad, select traceroute under Utilities on the left side and then type my.matterport.com and hit start it will provide all nodes that your package will go through to reach Matterport.

Also I will try to dig dipper in Ip Tools app and see if there are any tools that can actually tell me what is happening with my connection to my.matterport.com It may help to find exactly what Fastly is doing with our attempts to upload before 5PM.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
as for loosing login details in the app and the app uploading nowhere it is happening to a lot of us.
Since login off and login in does not always help and actually quite a long process I think checking in spaces in the app and seeing your process tours before attempting to upload at least can give us indication if the app still hold authorization to your account.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101722 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?