Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,047 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BatteriesCamerasPro3Questions

Matterport Pro3 Camera Spare Battery Availability?17979

WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know if or when spare batteries for the Pro3 will be available.

I have 2 jobs coming up in late January scanning large hotels. The pro3 would be a better choice than the pro2 for them, but with not having a spare battery, I wouldn't be able to use it . Both of these jobs are full day jobs so I would need more than 3-4 hours scanning time to complete. Hard to justify a $6000 purchase that's unusable for anything more than small commercial jobs. The answer I got from Matterport was "We don't know".
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman

Given that even Matterport says "we don't know" when the Matterport Pro3 Camera spare batteries will be available for sale separately, is buying a Matterport Pro3 Camera Acceleration Kit - includes two Matterport Pro3 batteries -- an option for you?

Perhaps you could sell the gear - and Matterport MatterPaks and Matterport E57 Files - you don't need in this WGAN Forum Private Group for buying/selling used Matterport cameras (and related gear) (free access for you as a WGAN Standard Member).

Happy holidays,

Dan

---

Matterport Pro3 Camera | Matterport Pro3 Camera Acceleration Kit | WGAN-TV Training U (in Matterport)

WGAN-TV Podcast Play List: Pro3 | WGAN Forum Playlist: Pro3

WGAN Forum Discussion: WGAN Cheat Sheet: Cost Worksheet for Matterport Pro3 Camera

Join the WGAN List | Join WGAN Forum

Matterport Pro3 Camera | Matterport Pro3 Camera Acceleration Kit
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Ask for a free referral: DanSmigrod@WeGetAroundNetwork.com

@rzphotoman

Or, what about renting one Matterport Pro3 Camera and buying one Matterport Pro3 Camera?

Rent a Matterport Pro3 Camera (in the United States)

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Dan,

It seems very strange that the only way to get the extra batteries needed to make this camera fully usable is to be forced into a bloated package filled with what most pro2 users already have other than the Matterpacks & E57 files. I really just need the camera and 2-3 batteries. My gut tells me I'm not the only Pro2 owner who isn't thinking the same thing. Why don't they just make them available?

I may be forced into buying the Matterport Pro3 Camera Acceleration Kit at some point. Not sure renting makes sense for me since I'm on the Classic pricing plan now. I assume I would have to buy one of Matterports new pricing plans to use it. That's another issue I think Matterport needs to address, imho.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@rzphotoman

I could imagine that Matterport has had Matterport Pro3 Camera Battery quality control issues.

I say that because of this Matterport job opening posted shortly after the Matterport Pro3 Camera was (officially) announced.

Job Opening: Matterport Supplier Quality Manager, Taiwan

(This Matterport job opening is still available, as of today: 19 December 2022.)

I believe that the shortage of Matterport Pro3 Camera batteries has improved a tiny bit because Matterport offers both the Matterport Pro3 Acceleration Kit and Matterport Pro3 Camera.

For clarification, there was a time that Matterport paused sales of the Matterport Pro3 Acceleration Kit (includes two Matterport Pro3 batteries); likely because Matterport would prefer to sell two Matterport Pro3 Cameras (a total of two Pro3 batteries) versus one Matterport Pro3 Acceleration Kit (two Pro3 batteries).

Clear as mud?

That said, if you buy on Amazon today (19 December 2022):

1. Matterport Pro3 Camera - delivery showing on Wednesday, December 28, 2022
2 Matterport Pro3 Acceleration Kit - delivery showing 11-13 January 2023

Please let us know what you decide to do and why.

BTW, I posted the following new topic, based on your comments above:

Question of the Day: Why are you holding off buying Matterport Pro3 Camera?

Happy holidays,

Dan

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab: Matterport Pro3 Batteries ($154.99) ordered today (20 December 2023) are scheduled to arrive 5-9 January 2023 via Amazon

Matterport Pro3 Batteries Ordered Today (20 December 2022) Scheduled to Arrive 5-9 Jan. 2023 via Amazon

@rzphotoman

I (just) noticed that Matterport Pro3 Batteries ($154.99) ordered today (20 December 2023) are scheduled to arrive 5-9 January 2023 via Amazon.

Select "See All Buying Options" in the top right.

Buy an extra Pro3 battery charger ($129.99) for your home (and keep one with your Matterport Pro3 Camera)?

Happy holidays,

Dan
3:50 pm ET Tuesday, 20 December 2022
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

WGAN.INFO/pro3alerts | www.JoinWGAN.com | Text pro3alerts to 877-805-0960 | powered by texting platform: www.SimpleTexting.com

Hi All,

Matterport Pro3 Camera Batteries are now available in the Amazon Store.

I (just) sent a WGAN Text Alert to those that signed up for Matterport Pro3 Camera news alerts from WGAN.

Dan

8:20 am ET Saturday, 31 December 2022.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101588 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?