Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCamerasLive Guided ToursNewbiesNodalviewSuperViz

Which platform for private sharing virtual tours? (No sharing via link)17860

JayFarbman private msg quote post Address this user
I am new to virtual tours/scanning. I have a client who wants to have their ‘virtual tour’ only shown by sharing their screen with their clients. They don’t want to send a link, because they don’t want the link shared. They will be having several different people sharing the tours, so a link with a password… and changing the password won’t be practical.
What I’m trying to figure out is what is the best system… camera/software that can live on their server. For this reason, I don't think Matterport will work.

I hope that makes sense!

Thanks in advance.

Jay
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport has the option of password protecting access.
Post 2 IP   flag post
JayFarbman private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Chemistrydoc. The client wants to remotely share the screen with their clients and walk them through the tour. A password won't work for their needs.
Post 3 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
What about self hosted tours with 3DVista - they have the Live Guided Tour feature, which could meet your clients needs.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
If you want to share a screen only I do not see any problems to do it with Matterport in a browser full screen mode. And for an extra guaranty a viewer cannot see a link to a tour you can load it into the Matterport showcase app and share its screen.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Try setting the listing to UNLISTED.

Go to a place that sells domains and buy a relevant domain name like: secretcompanytour.info - it's $12 for the year

Forward the Matterport URL to the domain name. Mask the original URL and they cannot see it.

The client can open up a virtual conferencing software program like zoom and can open up secretcompanyTour.info and not worry about divulging the matterport URL.

They should be able to easily share it via a platform like meet or zoom.

The only way you can really shield any virtual tour from a potential URL exposure, is to have the virtual tour resident on your local hard drive.

For that, 3D Vista is the best tool. Add another $500 to the bill because of the sophistication of the project and you go out and buy 3D Vista!
Post 6 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
Use a web page or a Word doc. Place an image or title with hyperlink behind it that will open the tour in full screen mode and then use Zoom to share.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV | Meet, Present and Collaborate Inside Your Matterport Tours powered by SuperViz | Guests: SuperViz Co-Founder and CEO Russ Rive and SuperViz Head of Sales, marketing and Customer Success Marcelo Franco | Episode: 151 | Thursday, 30 June 2022 | SuperViz website

WGAN-TV | New! Matterport Live Guided Tour – Video Chat – powered by Nodalview | Guest: Nodalview Co-Founder and CEO Thomas Lepelaars | Episode: #129 | Thursday, 6 January 2022 | www.Nodalview.com | @ThomasNodalview

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFarbman
I am new to virtual tours/scanning. I have a client who wants to have their ‘virtual tour’ only shown by sharing their screen with their clients. They don’t want to send a link, because they don’t want the link shared. They will be having several different people sharing the tours, so a link with a password… and changing the password won’t be practical.

What I’m trying to figure out is what is the best system… camera/software that can live on their server. For this reason, I don't think Matterport will work.

I hope that makes sense!

Thanks in advance.

Jay

@Chemistrydoc @MeshImages @CharlesHH @GETMYVR @WingMan

Thanks for helping new WGAN Forum Member @JayFarbman

@JayFarbman

Welcome to the WGAN Forum.

Based on your Scope of Work (above), seems like the following would work for your needs:

1. Matterport digital twin (sharing link disabled)
2. Live Guided Tour Tour Platform (much better than using Zoom for collaborating inside a Matterport tour)

Please see WGAN-TV shows featuring SuperViz and NodalView (above).

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

1. Transcript: Meet-Present-Collaborate Inside Matterport Tours via SuperViz
2. Transcript: WGAN-TV | Matterport Live Guided Tours powered by Nodalview
3. CHEAT SHEET: 24 Live Guided Tours (Video Chat) within Matterport/and Others
4. WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Live Guided Tours | SuperViz | NodalView

Does that help?

By the way, it would be helpful to understand your potential client's use-case.

Best,

Dan

---

Image 1 (above): Image courtesy of Nodalview
---

Image 2 (above): Image courtesy of Nodalview
---

Image 3 (above): Image courtesy of Nodalview
---

Screen Grab courtesy of Nodalview Virtual Visit Micro-Site Image 3 (above): Image courtesy of Nodalview

Video: Nodalview - The sales and marketing platform for successful real estate agents | Video courtesy of Nodalview YouTube Channel | 18 November 2021

Screen Grab from this Nodalview Video (also above)
Post 8 IP   flag post
101721 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?