Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google MapsGoogle Street ViewGSViSTAR PulsarMatterportPilot EraPilot OnePilot One EEPro2Questions

Matterport to street-level collection for Google Street View17825

jamal2022 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys,

I have the opportunity to shoot a virtual tour of a town center closeby. I am planning to use Matterport for this tour and will be shooting with a Pro2 taking a picture roughly every 5-10 metres.

My question is whether and how it is possible to implement this tour into Google Street View in order to explore the towns' roads etc. on Google Maps (basically the same way that the pictures taken by the Google Street View Car are used on Google Maps).

Is it possible to do this with Matterports GSV add on? I am unsure about this as I am specifically looking for a way to implement the roads of the city, not the shops.

Thank you very much in advance,

Jamal
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
As a Google Trusted Pro for 6 years, my Google Streetview tours are processed through Matterport in the Add-On tab under model management. However, keep in mind Google has requirements for adding streets, and here's a link to that here. https://partnerdash.google.com/apps/basemap/welcome/
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@jamal2022

Matterport Pro2 Camera is NOT the right tool for outdoors and streets ( "blue lines" on Google Street View ).

If you still decided to use the Pro2 for either 360 Scans or 360 Views, it is likely going to be a nightmare on post production requiring that you engage an expert in Google Street View to manually position the 360s and then use a different platform to upload and position on Google Maps.

I highly recommend that you buy one of these Labpano cameras that are designed specifically for doing 360s for Google Street View. It's so well designed, you can upload the 360s directly to Google Street View from the camera (no computer necessary).

1. Labpano Pilot Era ($999.95 Great price!)
2. Labpano Pilot ONE EE ($1,149)
3. Labpano PilotPano ($479) (announced on Thursday, 10 November 2022: shipping scheduled for January 17 - February 7, 2023, according to Amazon. Pay extra for 29 December through 4 January 2023)

Dan

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

1. How to Create Google Street View Blue-Line Map Updates with a Pilot One EE
2. Labpano Pilot One + GPS Module + Backpack = Google Street View Blue-Line
3. Why do I see a GSV Blue Line in Streets App but not Google Maps?
4. 2020 is the year of Google Street View Blue Line Map Updates by Pros
5. WGAN Forum Related Discussions: Pilot ONE EE | Labpano PilotPano | GSV | Google Street View
6. If you plan to make a full-time living from Google Street View ( Adding/Updating "Blue Lines" ), you might research: NCTech iSTAR Pulsar (and related)
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
For indoor, Matterport Pro2 for Google street view is awesome.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal2022
I am planning to use Matterport for this tour and will be shooting with a Pro2 taking a picture roughly every 5-10 metres.

I doubt it will work even with 5 meters distance. It is only a Pro3 can do it.

And as everybody else has mentioned a Matterport tour is good for business inside tours and even outdoor tours of parks if you can capture them in Sunlight. However it is not going to work for street and roads blue lines.
Theoretically it is possible to create a blue line for a street using a Matterport camera but you will need a road to be closed(you will be working on it non stop) and you will need to take a scan every 2-3 meters. But again a Pro2 won't work in sunlight even with clouds so for streets and blue lines it is better to use a camera that can record a path as a 360 video with a GNNS track attached.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101636 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?