Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Customer ServiceErrorError Code 80Pro3Pro3 ProblemsProblems

Matterport Pro3 Camera Failure - Error code #8017648

808virtually private msg quote post Address this user
My new Pro 3 gave me error code #80 and has been returned to Matterport.

Customer support said "The error code 80 you received, indicates a failure during the horizontal encoder check, it's possible something has gone wrong with the camera’s horizontal position encoder, or with the camera’s horizontal motor drive, unfortunately, engineering can't be for sure until the camera is examined. I'm sorry and unfortunately, we must RMA the camera. We will ship you a NEW camera.

Anyone else get a dud?

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@808virtually

Wow! Thanks for sharing.

Hopefully, you are the only one!

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
GamelLarry private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, I sure hope that's a fluke. It's takes a week to get a camera here on the East Coast. I hate to hear it
Post 3 IP   flag post
808virtually private msg quote post Address this user
At first I was told they would send me a new one when I dropped the camera to UPS.

From Matterport
"1. We have attached below a prepaid return label for your camera Q32310041 coming back to us
2. Once you have dropped the camera off with UPS, please update us by replying to this email
3. We will then ship a replacement camera out to you"

They gave me a shipping label to use and I rushed to UPS to drop it off, expecting a new camera to be shipped right away. Didn't happen. Instead I was told they were receiving new units next week (this was last week) and I had to wait until then. This week support said they didn't receive the new units this week and now I have to wait until next week before they will ship a replacement. Wonder if I ordered another one from Amazon I would get it in a few days...
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@808virtually

I just check Amazon for the Matterport Pro3 Camera: 2-4 November 2022 delivery (Atlanta).

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
That's what I would do and get a refund on the defective one. That's a lot of down time and money lost.
Post 6 IP   flag post
andyjonsson private msg quote post Address this user
We had the same exact experience and we are now waiting for our replacement as well. We received a similar message that it will be shipped next week. Huge disappointment.
Post 7 IP   flag post
That has me worried now. I just received a message that the USB cable has an issue and they are shipping a replacement. I am impressed that they are taking the initial step on that. But leaving you out to dry when a new camera fails is messed up.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I've gotten my first error code today since installing the firmware update. I had two jobs today and have gotten this code around 30 times. Nothing on the camera but this shows up on my iPad after the camera freezes up halfway through a scan.
Post 9 IP   flag post
BlueCandle private msg quote post Address this user
@GamelLarry

Is there a firmware update for the Pro3? We haven't seen any prompts to update. Any info you have on what the new firmware addresses would be appreciated.

We have had Error #80 coming up. Seems to happen about 40-odd scans into a job. It has resolved without much intervention other than turning the camera off and on again. I am wondering if it is a temperature related issue.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101636 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?