Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ToursDollhouse ViewLicensingSoftwareWalkthrough

Can you recommend a 3D virtual tour platform/software with 1x payment?17316

Szrami private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone!
I am interested in 3D virtual tours (I am begginer).

Could you recommend me traditional software, with only one payment for license, dedicated to this topic? It´s necessary that it has dollhouse and walkthrough effect and floor plans.

I add that I use DSLR camara with pano head.

Thank you so much for any answers.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Save 15 percent with this WGAN affiliate link for Virtual Tour Pro course by Ben Claremont and WGAN Coupon Code: WGANVTP

@Szrami

Welcome to the We Get Around Network Forum.

Since you are new to 3D virtual tours, I recommend that you sign-up for Virtual Tour Pro course by Ben Claremont. Save 15 percent with this WGAN affiliate link for Virtual Tour Pro course by Ben Claremont and WGAN Coupon Code: WGANVTP

Ben reviews many 3D/360 virtual tour platforms.

To help recommend a solution for you, it's likely that it would be helpful to know:

1. How will you use the tours (such as business clients with an ongoing hosting need)?
2. Do you want something robust that may take time to learn?
3. Are you okay with pay per tour rather than 1x payment for software?

There are 170+ 3D/360 virtual tour platforms/software. They all have their own benefits/weaknesses. Understanding more about you and your use-cases will help narrow the list.

Also, this may be helpful to you:

Free WGAN Cheat Sheet: Which Virtual Tour Platform is Best (for Me)?

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Szrami

Since you mention PTGui in this WGAN Forum discussion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szrami
Hi,
I am Paulina. I am interested in 3D virtual tours but I am begginer and that´s why I joined this group. I would like to learn new things from more experienced colleagues.
I use DSLR camara and PTGui for creating 360 panoramas.

You may find 3DVista Virtual Tour Pro Software helpful.

The questions that I ask you in my post above may be helpful for the WGAN Community help guide you.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod As about your questions:
1. How will you use the tours (such as business clients with an ongoing hosting need)?

I don´t want to pay subscription every month or year to host my virtual tours online, I prefer to keep them on my own server.

2. Do you want something robust that may take time to learn?

Yes, I could learn more time. I need good effects

3. Are you okay with pay per tour rather than 1x payment for software?

I prefer pay once and obtain license valid for all of my life.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Szrami

Based on your reply (above), 3DVista Virtual Tour Pro software is the right solution for you.

Yes. You can host the tours on your own server.

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod Thank you for your recommendation. I checked it before however I don´t like this walkthrough effect, it is not so smooth. Could you say something about Everpano + Krpano, please? I would be grateful.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Szrami

I will defer to others about Everpano + Krpano.

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
@Szrami
Just remember when looking for a tour solution. The old adage, you get what you pay for is still true.
If you want the premium features of a virtual tour, you will most likely not get this at a budget price.
3Dvista is a great product. Pay once, learn how to use it and you are good to go. While it's a very manual process and certainly does have a steep learning curve, it can produce great results. You will not however have the dollhouse you are looking for. For this result, matterport still is the easiest option. You can use selected 360 cameras, or grab a pro camera for better results. You will however be paying a hosting fee, but if done right you can certainly pass this along to your clients.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Jamie Thank you for your answer. I completely understand and I could invest in software from what I will be satisfied with, that´s why I make this investigation Matterport would be good solution, however doesn´t cooperate with DSLR photos (or am I wrong?).
Greetings
Post 9 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@Szrami The only platform that fulfills your requirements is Krpano in combination with some plugins like everpano or panocamadder. It’s hard to learn, but gives you full independence. One time payment to start, but you will need upgrades on your way. 3DVista is also working on 3D integraion, but we are all waiting for the release, which is in the making.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Szrami depends on what you mean by cooperate with a dslr. If you mean physically part of the tour, then you're right. You can however add them as mattertags for areas you haven't scanned for example. Upload them to a site and point the url to there. When you hover over the tag it will then pop up your photo.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Jamie Yes, unfortunately I only possess this kind of camara and it is my only one tool to take photos.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Szrami ok then you're not going to have a lot of luck with a 360 virtual tour, unless you have a bracket to do this. If I were you, I'd get a ricoh theta camera (they even have refurbished ones for a couple of hundred) and go from there. Use your dslr, take additional shots and use them within the tour. If you want to compete against others, you will have to start somewhere with at least the basic of the right tools.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Jamie I understand. Thank you for your advices.
Post 14 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Szrami look at Pivo Tours, but you need IPhone 12 or 13 to get dollhouse. Very easy to use. Smooth walk thru but Nadir patch a little large. You also need the Pivo Black rotator.
Post 15 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Also if your talking about 360 degree Dslr panos if you use the Matterport android app it will let you import 360 degree panos, Android app is in beta version for this.
Post 16 IP   flag post
101429 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?