Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D RenderingsCGICoohomHomestylerListing3DQuestionsRenderings

How to build a full CGI Matterport tour?17189

WGAN
Fan Club
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
skyload300 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello friends,
Does anyone here knows how to build a full CGI Matterport tour ?
I don't mean "Staging a tour" with furniture.

What i mean is creating an actual Matterport tour for an off-plan space only from AutoCAD files (for a place that is not physically built yet), the tour would be exactly as our physical VR tours that we create and fully realistic (walls, interior, furniture, outside view etc.)

I know there are a couple of services online that does this for you, but i wanted to know how it's done.

Thank you guys!

Regards
Hisham
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
It’s easy. You can upload rendered 8K panoramas to Matterport with the Matterport Android Capture App. Make sure, that you have enough panos.

You need to render the same positions, as you would scan in the finished house. The same grid like a perfect Matterport scan.

Biggest challenge is the views out of the windows. You can try with a skybox or place the model in a google earth 3D environment. Or probably render a night scene πŸ˜‰
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
@MeshImages Thanks for the quick reply,
I also found an article somehow explain this on MP website.. but!

Help me understand this;
What is the workflow ? I am new to CGI Tours.

Scenario:
I will have an AutoCAD file of a 360 SqM space that does not yet exist.

Workflow:
- Do I get a designer to build a full 3D model/renders "walls, terrace, interiors, carpets, everything 3D" from the AutoCAD file?

- Then what? how would the designer export panos? i mean as "Scan points".. cuz in this case he would have to export about 70 points of scans as "steps" for the capture app to understand and align each "scan/render" properly right?

Whenever you have time, kindly explain it to me as if i am a 10 years old kid.

Ps. do you have your own fully created CGI tours links ?

Thanks man!
Post 3 IP   flag post
@skyload300 I have sent you a PM with a link to one of my example Matterport CGI demo spaces.

Workflow how to get there:

1) Import CAD into Blender or 3DSMax or similar 3D software.
2) Make sure, that the CAD has realworld scaling
3) Texture the model with surfaces - flooring, walls, ceilings, windows etc. - maybe start with an interior-only model. Exterior can be complicated.
4) Add additional furniture, doors, interior, lamps
5) Lighting: you need to put in interior and exterior lights to make the scene appealing
6) Position 360 cameras in the model - along the path, which you want to walk - make sure to place enough cameras to render a Matterport later. Max. 1,5m - 2,0m distance grid - camera height should be around 1,60m - make sure to create a complete and consistent walking path. A tour like this one here would not work in Matterport (missing panos on stairs and level 2) - but this one works nicely
7) now render the cameras in batch render mode
8) take the panos to Matterport Android App and upload along the path - pano per pano
9) Position markers and upload to Matterport cloud - pricing is 29USD per model on classic plan

And maybe also take a look at Biganto - they moved the company from Russia to Germany (Munich) recently. This is an alternative to the Matterport workflow - they have awesome models in their gallery - Take a look
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
@MeshImages Just saw this post after i already replied to your inbox,
I can see that I almost understood correctly .

will check the links you sent me.

Question:
point 3: you said exterior could be complicated... why? since the panos will act as if its a Pro2 camera (with regards to accuracy and details) or is it because Matterport cloud could glitch?

Thank you so much !!!

Hisham
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyload300
point 3: you said exterior could be complicated... why? since the panos will act as if its a Pro2 camera (with regards to accuracy and details) or is it because Matterport cloud could glitch?

A view out of the window is feasable (take a look at Biganto) - but a walkable 3D exterior needs many, many more positions in Matterport. Roof and facades plus garden and exterior is so much more work (and panos). And trees and plants may look horrible in Matterport (low res obj).

I would use Matterport only for interior scenes. For additional exterior 3D scenes I would probably switch to Biganto or Shapespark

Start with an interior scene in Matterport and you will see how it works out. I like Matterport CGI but only for interior.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
@skyload300 I checked Biganto
they are impressive and very clean, but they are not cost effective as Matterport and also limit the amount of scan points per tour.
I am also not sure if there is enough adoption for MPEmbed, Treedis, Captur3d etc.

I think the VR Digital Twin world is becoming islands like (Android/iOS) (Pepsi/Coke) sort of thing.

I really enjoyed playing with biganto.com though !

Thanks again
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeshImages
Quote:

A view out of the window is feasable (take a look at Biganto) - but a walkable 3D exterior needs many, many more positions in Matterport. Roof and facades plus garden and exterior is so much more work (and panos). And trees and plants may look horrible in Matterport (low res obj).

I would use Matterport only for interior scenes. For additional exterior 3D scenes I would probably switch to Biganto or Shapespark

Start with an interior scene in Matterport and you will see how it works out. I like Matterport CGI but only for interior.

Okay i got you,
So a work around this would be placing a still 360 photo at some locations so users will click and see a rendered 360 photo yeah ? if yes, then is it possible to also upload that photo separetly and add it to the Matterport on capture app? *same as when we add a 360 photo icon/circle in capture app without letting user to walk out.

H.
Post 8 IP   flag post
If you want to go with Matterport, then I would use an overlay like MPSkin and do it this way.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV | How to Make Money Offering Virtual Staging of Matterport Tours with Listing3D | Guest: Listing3D (@Listing3D) Relations Success Manager Amber Kaplan | Aired: Thursday, 29 July 2021 | Episode 113

WGAN-TV | Virtual Staging of Matterport Tours Using the Listing3D Virtual Staging Form for MSPs with Listing3D Customer Success Manager Kate Montalbano (@Listing3D) | 15 October 2021 | Episode: 121

partnership.3dvirtualstaging.club

@MeshImages

Thank you for sharing your detailed notes. Awesome!

@skyload300

If you would like to engage a Matterport Partner that can create your 360 renderings and build a Matterport tour from the renderings, you might look at Listing3D. See WGAN-TV shows above.

WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Listing3d | Renderings | 3D Renderings | CGI

Best,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I have just found Coohom

It seems exactly what you are asking for and I do not think it requires any knowledge in 3d modeling. The other good thing with them you can actually build and share your 3D interior as a virtual tour.

I am playing with it right now and I must say it all looks very realistic.

This was rendered just a few seconds ago. I used their living room template but changed the rug design.

Post 11 IP   flag post
@skyload300

Here is an example space.

Total size here is about 650mΒ² but only 21 scan positions resulting in black spots with no mesh below the virtual tripod. You will probably need a minimum of 30 to 35 rendered positions for a space of this size.

Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
@MeshImages that looks really nice πŸ‘Œ

You've mentioned that we still need to pay 29$ (when on classic subscription) for the CGI tours.

Why so? Is Matterport doing additional work for this kind of tours ?...

I mean, after you import all the panos in sequence, on your capture app; shouldn't it show same view with scan points as if you are physically scanning a space ?

If yes, then when you upload, it will be treated as a normal tour...

What am I missing ?

Thanks
Hisham
Post 13 IP   flag post
@skyload300 if you are on a current plan, you will probably pay nothing (I don’t know actually). But I have one of the grandfathered classic plans with low hosting fees but high processing fees for any job that is not a Matterport Standard scan (up to 99 positions).

If you do not regularly pay processing fees for uploads, you will probably get it for free. But I’m not 100% sure about that.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
@MeshImages yeah, I heard about those grandfather plans (was actually looking for anyone who had an extra plan to take it πŸ˜…)

Yeah, I am on the 25 spaces plan for 700$/year which allows me free uploads and max of 25 active spaces.

By the way, I spoke to Treedis team and they offer a full CGI for 38$/100 SQFT.

Since I am not an interior/construction designer, I still need to see how much would it cost to hire a designer to create the model from AutoCAD files and then export the scan point panos.

Then I would have a fair comparison of which is a much cost effective approach for CGI tours..

Then I would be able to set my CGI price matrix accordingly.

...unless your have a better idea πŸ’‘!

H.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
@MeshImages hey buddy 😊
What are the export settings, are there any ?

To export 360 panos to use as a CGI scan points every 1.5 meters...are there any photo dimensions, extension or manual settings that the designer need to to in order to export the panos to use for a CGI tour ?

Note: I don't think it matters where the camera is pointing towards when exporting panos since it's considered a 360 3D scan right ?... The Capture app will know right ?

Thank you ☺️
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
To export 360 panos to use as a CGI scan points every 1.5 meters...are there any photo dimensions, extension or manual settings that the designer need to to in order to export the panos to use for a CGI tour ?

You need 8K panos. JPG for example. And as far as I know, the upload feature supports up to 8K (width 8.000px x height 4.000px = 32MP)

And you can place panos with up to max 3,5 meters distance - similar grid like scanned 3D tours. Be careful on stairs and also keep the ceiling structure in mind.

Start with interior, no exterior, as exterior is far more complicated (like in 3D scanning).

Cheers
Post 17 IP   flag post
bethereeu private msg quote post Address this user
Coohom has some limitation especiaally with 360 renders. Yo can get better quality with homestyler.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
I have just found Coohom

It seems exactly what you are asking for and I do not think it requires any knowledge in 3d modeling. The other good thing with them you can actually build and share your 3D interior as a virtual tour.

I am playing with it right now and I must say it all looks very realistic.

This was rendered just a few seconds ago. I used their living room template but changed the rug design.

Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethereeu
Coohom has some limitation especiaally with 360 renders. Yo can get better quality with homestyler.com

I think they are identical in how many 360 renders are allowed but HomeStyler is at least two times cheaper than Coohon. And they also offer a 720 degree virtual tour to be built.
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I have done a 360 in the same room but decorated with Auto Styler provided by HomeStyler

https://kuula.co/share/N89Kv?logo=1&info=1&fs=1&vr=0&zoom=1&thumbs=1
Post 20 IP   flag post
bethereeu private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
Quote:

I think they are identical in how many 360 renders are allowed but HomeStyler is at least two times cheaper than Coohon. And they also offer a 720 degree virtual tour to be built.

Cohoom max resolution is 4000x2000, homestyler has 8000x4000 and 12000x6000 option.
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Cohoom max resolution is 4000x2000, homestyler has 8000x4000 and 12000x6000 option.

Coohom:
4K & 8K is unlimited on their pro account ($25/month) and 12K is 6 per month

HomeStyler:
4K & 8K is unlimited on their Master account ($9.9/month) and 12K is 6 per month

So the only difference here is subscription cost.
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I have generated a second 360 in HomeStyler and built a 720tour from two.
Unfortunately I cannot do more 360s today as it seems they will only let you do one a day on a free account.

I have not done a sitemap(located in top right corner) with each 360 location. It is built in feature.

It is still not Matterport as it is missing at least a 3D dollhouse but as a way to represent your 3D model it seems to be pretty damn good.

3D model 720tour Id wish though somebody just realising that 3D models with good realistic textures do not need to be represented in a tour by rendered from it 360s. It may result in building a true 6DOF tour where viewers are not limited to spots where 360 are rendered and can just move inside freely.

Actually I still have 3x 8K panos left so I am updating it now with the 3rd pano in 8K. The first two panos in the tour are in 4K only. Just check it in 30 minutes.
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
@Wingman thanks for sharing the updated link,
I can see 3 steps to move around.

So let me get this, this space was built fully as CGI, but did you use AudoCAD files or any type of architecture plans to build the walls ?

I have built a full CGI tour on Matterport to test how it works.
It came out pretty good, I am currently adding few more panos then I will share the link for you to test.

Hisham
Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
@Wingman @MeshImages @DanSmigrod

Hey guys, here is my first full CGI tour (I will kill the link at some point since i am running out of hosting space)

This is a test tour:

Let me know what you think ?

Hisham
Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Hey guys, here is my first full CGI tour (I will kill the link at some point since i am running out of hosting space)

This is a test tour:

Hisham

Cool!

Thanks for sharing!

Dan
Post 26 IP   flag post
@skyload300

Very cool! I like the fact, that you can take measurements in the rendered 3D space

Post 27 IP   flag post
3dtasarimcizim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

This is a test tour:

Hisham

any tutorial?
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dtasarimcizim
Quote:

This is a test tour:

Hisham

any tutorial?
hi, yes sure, I will put one together and share it for everyone to benefit.

I am on the road these days..

Will post here once done.

H
Post 29 IP   flag post
101635 29 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?