Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
bugCamerasGearScans

2 homes 2 iPads 2 Cameras - they connect!1706

Nodal Ninja
Founder
Bill private msg quote post Address this user
We recently did a shoot scanning multiple properties adjacent to each other. One photographer wanted to talk to me and brought their iPad over to show some scans. To my surprise the iPad was actually still connected to the camera next door and I was able to do a remote scan to confirm connection. I looked at the WIFI settings and sure enough I could see both cameras in both iPads. While this didn't create any issues with the camera I was using I could see potential issue should the iPads get crossed and wrongly connect.
So if your competition was working a property next door and all of a sudden your camera starts to scan just look at your WIFI settings for 2 Matterport Cameras.
Post 1 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
wait a minute... would this mean that we could scan 1 project with 2 cameras (doubling the speed of the scanning process for large homes)?
I see a big "WARNING" sign flashing in front of my eyes right now, as this probably opens up doors for multiple bugs.

or maybe it just means that with 1 ipad only, you can control 2 cameras (jumping back and forth from one model to another)?

What would be the walkaround if someone next door was activating your camera from his ipad? There's not really any way to secure the connection between the camera and ipad right now...

Matt
Post 2 IP   flag post
GeorgeK private msg quote post Address this user
Amem for the Bugs...lol
Post 3 IP   flag post
360Verbeelding private msg quote post Address this user
Hi it means you can run a backup scan on a second Ipad.
A bit expencive but should be possible i think. I dond't think it can handle double scans at the same time. worth trying do. Happy scanning. Rene.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Nodal Ninja
Founder
Bill private msg quote post Address this user
The WIFI from Matterport camera is open network and should be password protected - IMO.
While 1 ipad cannot connect to 2 cameras simultaneously I don't see why 2 ipads wouldn't be able to connect to single camera at the same time. Not sure of any added benefit here but might be fun to do a little experimenting :-)
Post 5 IP   flag post
101436 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?