Gear of the Week
---
Video: WGAN-TV Home3D.us Gear Accessories-WGAN-TV www.Home3D.us Gear Accessories-#2962-Stanley Spirit Level Torpedo www.WGAN.INFO/20 $10

Hi All,

How do you easily and quickly level the Matterport Pro2 3D Camera (and why does this 'matter'?)

Above is WGAN-TV Story Story #2962-Stanley Spirit Level Torpedo ($7)

---

b]WGAN Forum[/b] Related Discussion

Matterport Gear Tip: Neewer Tripod Leveling Base with Offset Bubble Level

---

Got a different way to determine the level of a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera? Please post below.

Best,

Dan

Transcript (Video above)

I'm going to ask you about what I use and maybe we'll toss what I'm doing away, but I'm using a Stanley Torpedo Level www.WGAN.INFO/20 $20.

The reason I use this, Kevin and Eric, is that I find that if you put it on the top of the camera and you get your bubble level, and then you turn your camera 90 degrees, it's not level. I got to then do that and then come back and do that until I have it level. With that one Bullseye level, is that solid as long as you put it in the right place?

[00:40:54]
Kevin Dole: Well, we're doing it so much faster.

[00:40:57]
Eric Dole: Because it levels on every axis.

[00:40:59]
Kevin Dole: You hold this for a second. You grab the camera, with one hand you loosen that base that allows you to move around any place, then you look straight down at the bubble level, lock it off, and you're done.

[00:41:15]
Dan Smigrod: You put the bubble level so that you essentially get both directions.

[00:41:23]
Kevin Dole: You get the X and Y axis. Here, I'm going to move it to a new location. I loosen the bottom, I move it around, I put it in the middle, I lock it off. It's done. X and Y axises are perfectly set in one movement.

[00:41:38]
Dan Smigrod: One movement. Much better, and you save money because my solution was $10 and then I had to jog it back and forth. Eric, you were about to say? I can't see you. That's great. Thank you

[00:41:53]
Eric Dole: Well, also this you can just stick directly to the camera too, so you're not going to lose it.

[00:41:57]
Kevin Dole: You don't have something else to carry around. It's on there for good. We have a room in our cases. This stays on at all times.

[00:42:05]
Dan Smigrod: I got it. Yes. I've had it slide off the top of the camera where I forgot that I had it up on the top of the camera and it slid. Much better solution. For the likely Matterport company people that are watching, is there any reason this bubble shouldn't just be built into the camera to begin with?

[00:42:29]
Kevin Dole: It should be built in. Yes.
---

WGAN-TV eBook | MSP Home3D.us | Top 10 Gear Accessories for Matterport Pros | Guests: Home3D.us Virtual Services Consultant and Creator Kevin Dole and Home3D.us Photographer Eric Dole | Episode: 145 | Thursday, 12 May 2022 | www.home3d.us

WGAN-TV eBook | MSP Home3D.us | Top 10 Gear Accessories for Matterport Pros [31 Gear/Accessories]

WGAN-TV | IMSP Home3D.us | Top 10 Gear Accessories for Matterport Pros | Guests: Home3D.us Virtual Services Consultant and Creator Kevin Dole and Home3D.us Photographer Eric Dole | Episode: 145 | Thursday, 12 May 2022 | www.home3d.us

Above is the entire show.

---
Here are all the Tiny URLs (WGAN Affiliate Links)
---

1 WGAN.INFO/1 Manfrotto MT190XPRO4 Aluminum 4-Section Tripod
2 WGAN.INFO/2 Neewer Photography Tripod Dolly, Heavy Duty with Larger 3-inch Rubber Wheels and Carry Bag
3 WGAN.INFO/3 Glide Gear EBR150 15" Extender Riser
4 WGAN.INFO/4 Neewer Tripod Leveling Base with Offset Bubble Level
5 WGAN.INFO/5 Haoge 64mm Screw Knob Clamp Adapter Mount for Quick Release QR Plate
6 WGAN.INFO/6 Camco 25573 Bullseye Level
7 WGAN.INFO/7 Kodiak Kuadrant Rechargeable Tactical Lantern with 360 Degree Range
8 WGAN.INFO/8 ZenRich iPad 5th/6th Generation Case, iPad 9.7 Case with Rotatable Kickstand/Shoulder Strap
9 WGAN.INFO/9 Wireless Portable Charger 30,800mAh 15W Wireless Charging 25W PD QC4.0 Fast Charging
10 WGAN.INFO/10 Ricoh Theta X 360 Camera + GoPro Accessory Bundle
11 WGAN.INFO/11 Neewer 20 inches/50 Centimeters Portable Compact Desktop Macro Mini Tripod
12 WGAN.INFO/12 SofiHome Premium Heavy Duty Door Stop Rubber Wedge with Decorative Holder (6-pack)
13 WGAN.INFO/13 Insta360 Selfie Stick (1st Generation)
14 WGAN.INFO/14 Insta360 3m 9.8ft Extended Edition Selfie Stick (2nd Generation)
15 WGAN.INFO/15 Insta360 ONE X2 360 Camera with Touchscreen - 5.7K30 360 Video
16 WGAN.INFO/16 Hard Case for Matterport Pro2 3D Camera + iPad and Accessories
17 WGAN.INFO/17 Wedge-It - The Ultimate Door Stop
18 WGAN.INFO/18 Blue Shoe Guys Professional Grade Disposable Boot & Shoe Covers Booties | 100 Pack
19 WGAN.INFO/19 Larger Binder Clips - Box of 24
20 WGAN.INFO/20 Stanley Torpedo level
21 WGAN.INFO/21 Matterport Axis Rotator (Training Wheels for Matterport)
22 WGAN.INFO/22 GemTune DY-60i Leveler
23 WGAN.INFO/23 Gorilla Tough & Clear Double Sided XL Mounting Tape, 1" x 150", Clear
24 WGAN.INFO/24 New Trent iPad 9th Generation Case, iPad 8th Generation Case, iPad 7th Generation Case
25 WGAN.INFO/25 High Density Foam Insulation Tape Adhesive Rubber Strip, Seal, Door Insulation Foam Tape
26 WGAN.INFO/26 Right Angle Cable: USB3 to USB3
27 WGAN.INFO/27 Right Angle Cable: USD3 to Lightening
28 WGAN.INFO/28 Manfrotto MB MBAG75PN Tripod Bag Padded 75cm (Black)
29 WGAN.INFO/29 Amazon Basics Small Hard Camera Carrying Case - 12 x 11 x 6 Inches
30 WGAN.INFO/30 5 Pairs Reusable Non Slip Shoe Covers, Premium Soft Washable Thickened Boot Shoe Covers
31 WGAN.INFO/31 BESTEK 300W Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V AC Car Inverter with 4.2A Dual USB Car Adapter