Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ErrorErrorsMatterport AxisTroubleTrouble Shooting

Matterport Axis: "Temperature warning" Scanning with my iPhone 13 Pro16692

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grabs from my iPhone 13 Pro while using the Matterport Axis | 11 April 2022

Matterport Axis: "Temperature warning" Scanning with my iPhone 13 Pro

Hi All,

Yikes!

After just 11 scans using a Matterport Axis smartphone rotator paired with my Apple iPhone 13 Pro, I received this error message:

---

Temperature warning

LiDAR depth data is reduced due to your device's temperature.

We recommend slowing down between scans or taking a break to let your phone cool down.

OK

---

Ugh! That's not good: particularly because I had only completed 12 scans of the Matterport tour.

It wasn't like I was racing to do a Matterport tour; just a normal pace of moving the tripod from location to location.

Settings: 3D Scan / LiDAR Scan

(I decided to take a break and let you know!)

Have you gotten this Temperature warning too?

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

I saw this as well both with the Single & Double Pass w/LiDAR ~ I just motored on.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Ok I have to ask the obvious why would you use it, if you need to take several passes to get one good view. It seem this takes more time and now an overheating issues. I ran my iPhone 13 pro on Insidemaps rotator, which does use the LiDAR data and never got an overheating issue. I did three homes and did 40-60 scans each house. I finished these scan in less than an hours time. But again what is the goal for this? I understand cost for someone just getting into business, but if you continue to use this and it ruins your phone because of the overheating, is it worth it? Just looking for your thoughts on this.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@ron0987

In my two models with new device I found the single pass not only much faster but, it also had fewer stitching errors. I spoke with someone at Matterport and they didn't recommend the multi-pass with the iPhone 13 Pro
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Matterport Axis smartphone rotator | Image courtesy of Matterport

Text Me 5 Minutes Before WGAN-TV is Live | WGAN-TV: Matterport Axis Motorized Mount Smartphone Rotator: 1st Impressions | Guests: Gilroy, California-based Dave Avilla, Real Estate Photography and Coldwell Banker Realty Agent | www.CBnorCAL.com | CalDRE # 01075392 and Jeff Nitschke, Owner, CaptureNW covering North Idaho and Eastern Washington State | www.CAPTUREnw.com | Episode #141 | Thursday, 14 April 2022

--

Hi All,

Thank you for watching this WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm ET) today (Thursday 14 April 2022).

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101636 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?