WGAN-TV Podcast on Apple Podcasts

WGAN-TV Podcast | How Architects Leverage Matterport Tours Shot with a Leica BLK360 | Guest: Immersaf Media Principal Matt Crowder @MattSCrowder | Thursday, 3 February 2022 | Episode Number: 133

Matterport Digital Twin shot with a Leica BLK360 by Immersaf Media (and Matt S. Photography) Principal Matt Crowder.

Immersaf Media

WGAN-TV Podcast | How Architects Leverage Matterport Digital Twins Created with a Leica BLK360 Camera/Scanner

Hi All,

If you are a real estate photographer - wondering how to transition to scanning jobs that pay more than residential real estate, this is a must watch WGAN-TV Live at 5 show (above).

Indianapolis, IN-based Immersaf Media Principal Matt Crowder @MattSCrowder shows and tells:

1. Uses Cases by Architects
2. Advantages of a Leica BLK360 Scanner/Camera versus a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera
3. Advantages of a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera versus a Leica BLK360 Scanner/Camera
4. Compares the Leica BLK360 point cloud from a Matterport Matterport MatterPak versus downloading the point cloud directly from the Leica BLK360

Here is the Matterport document that Matt mentions during the show:

=> Matterport FAQ: Matterport & BLK360 Integration

Example of a REVIT Model courtesy of Immersaf Media Principal Matt Crowder @MattSCrowder

Plus, see the Matterport digital twin (above) of the same space.

---

How can Matterport Service Providers succeed faster – with a higher paying vertical (architects) than residential real estate – with the same scanning process, but with a higher end scanner/camera: Leica BLK360.

My guest on WGAN-TV Podcast - recorded live on Thursday, 3 February 2021 -- Indianapolis based-Immersaf Media (and Matt S. Photography) Principal Matt Crowder.

Matt shows and tells us about:

WGAN-TV Podcast | How Architects Leverage Matterport Digital Twins Created with a Leica BLK360 Camera/Scanner

Questions Include

1. What are the use cases for architects?
2. The advantages to the architect of doing the scans with a BLK360?
3. Can you show us some examples?
4. When/why would you use the BLK360 software instead of Matterport?

Also ...

Matt emailed me:

I have the Matterport point cloud and the point cloud built from the scans downloaded from the Leica Camera and registered on Leica software. The difference is very distinct. I will ... share my screen to show those. ....

Other questions that I should ask Matt on WGAN-TV Live at 5?

Best,

Dan

Links

WGAN Forum: @MattSCrowder
Immersaf Media
Matt S. Photography
✓ LinkedIn: Matt Crowder
✓ Facebook: Matt S Crowder Photography

---

Video: A Tutorial for the Cyclone FIELD 360 App with Andy Fontana | Video courtesy of Leica BLK YouTube Channel | 13 August 2019

Video: How to Combine BLK360 Laser Scans with REGISTER 360 BLK Edition | Video courtesy of Leica BLK YouTube Channel | 25 August 2020