Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
HospitalityHotelsMatterport BlogMPskin

Matterport Digital Twin of an Historic Hotel: 2,800 Scan Points->1,900 Used16029

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Matterport Digital Twin of: Kastens Hotel Luisenhof, Hannover, Germany | Matterport Digital Twin by 360-PRO Founder/Photographer Oliver Vosshage

Matterport Digital Twin of an Historic Hotel: 2,800 Scan Points->1,900 Used

Matterport Blog (6 December 2021) Walkthrough the historic, 5-star Kastens Hotel Luisenhof before you make a reservation | 360-PRO brings the elegant views and historical charm of this grand property to visitors and guests with its digital twin

✓ Matterport Digital Twin of: Kastens Hotel Luisenhof, Hannover, Germany | Matterport Digital Twin by 360-PRO Founder/Photographer Oliver Vosshage

In order to be able to present this project in the end, we needed about 2800 scan points to create the basis. In the end it was a little more than 1900 scan points to present the project as it is online today.360-PRO Photographer Oliver Vosshage

Source: Matterport Blog

Matterport Skin Used: MPskin (Mattertags, Menu Design and More)
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
Noddy private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Dan,
Does anyone on the Forum know how this was done with 1900 spins?
My experience has been that Matterport will not process models with more than 1000 spins, and if there are two models to be stitched together later by Matterport, each individual model must be no more than 500 spins. They clearly spelled out these limitations to me, although I don't know why these limitations are in effect.

Maybe I misunderstood the blog post, and there are actually 2 separate models joined by a Mattertag, each of which is no more than 1000 spins? But if this is in fact a single model with 1900 spins, then Matterport needs to tell me how I can do that!!

I see they utilized a third party software to present it, called "MPskins" but I doubt that this is why they could process such a large no. of spins, that is purely Matterport's department I would think.

Thoughts anyone? If I could scan buildings of 2000 spins or more in one go, my clients would be happy!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
You need a quite powerfull iPad with as much RAM as possible to be able to keep the capture app working with this amount of scans. As for Matterport, if you remember they say no more than 200 scans and that may be just a number letting them to get away from jobs that their AI cannot process for some reasons. Reality is they can do much more than 200 and I have plenty of jobs with 800 and even 1200 scans processed without any problem. I use iPad Pro 2020.
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
What I would like to know are these Mattertags specially made by Matterport or is the aftermarket MPskins provide these?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
Wingman, thanks this is very interesting!
Looks like you are the only one to respond re: the models with over 1000 spins.
Could you please send a link to the 1200 spin model, so I can show it to Matterport and ask them how it is possible for you but not for me?
I have the latest iPad Pro, with maximum RAM available a,nd the latest Pro2 camera.
I have submitted scans for processing which had just over 1000 total actual spins (1005 spins) and had them fail, but when I deleted a few spins to get to 999, it re-processed fine. Matterport told me I can't go beyond 1000 spins, so since then (1 yr ago) I always stop before hitting 1000 actual spins.
I know that sometimes as we are scanning, there are spins deleted and recaptured etc, and the total spin count doesn't reflect these deletions, so the final spin number might be well over 1000, but the actual number of spins I always make sure to keep under 1000 for processing.

If anyone else has info to share on this, please jump in, thanks!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Noddy 1000 points is far from the limit.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=vwnYKvPmDA7

Showcase Name : Kastens Hotel Luisenhof FINALE VERSION
Showcase ID : vwnYKvPmDA7
Captured Points : 1916

And I know somebody do capture single showcase with more points than 1916 and processed successfully.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
@Jump, was the scan you mention (1916 spins) done with a Pro, Pro2 or a 360 camera?
I could imagine there may be less data involved to process if just using a 360 camera rather than a Pro2 with depth data, perhaps this allows more spins to be processed?

Anyone else with an example scan (done by Pro2) of over 1000 actual spins that processed succesfully?

@ Oliver Vossage, could you please confirm that the Hotel scan is in fact a single model, with more than 1000 spins? And how that worked when processing? Thanks all
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
Here is the total Sq.Ft. for this 5-star Kastens Hotel Luisenhof.

New Measure of [vwn*****DA7] is 68307.42 Sq.Ft. ( 6345.96 m2 )

Floor001 is 778.90 Sq.Ft. ( 72.36 m2 )
Floor002 is 8865.38 Sq.Ft. ( 823.62 m2 )
Floor003 is 3337.62 Sq.Ft. ( 310.08 m2 )
Floor004 is 10776.13 Sq.Ft. ( 1001.14 m2 )
Floor005 is 10612.08 Sq.Ft. ( 985.89 m2 )
Floor006 is 10706.74 Sq.Ft. ( 994.69 m2 )
Floor007 is 3168.51 Sq.Ft. ( 294.36 m2 )
Floor008 is 10480.82 Sq.Ft. ( 973.70 m2 )
Floor009 is 9239.32 Sq.Ft. ( 858.36 m2 )
Floor010 is 341.90 Sq.Ft. (31.76 m2)

And here is the PDF report for this showcase:
https://we.tl/t-6WNgBfGA5f
(Download link is valid in 7 days from Dec.10 2021)

Upload a screenshoot during the generation of the showcase PDF report, just for a colorful looking.

Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@Noddy I can confirm that 3d scan points more than 1916 from Pro2 camera in one single showcase can be processed successfully.
No special process required, just capture and upload and wait a little longer process time than normal showcases.
The upload took long time also, because the uploaded package for this single showcase (with >1916 points) could be more than 100GB.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
@ Jump, can you send me a link to that 1916 spin model please?
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@Noddy Sorry, I can't. Not my showcase and it is a confidential project.
But I can confirm with you what I am saying is all truth. The points qty is > 1950.
Here is a proof:

Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy
Could you please send a link to the 1200 spin model, so I can show it to Matterport and ask them how it is possible for you but not for me?

Here is is with 1198 scans with a Pro2 only and my ipad model is Pro 2020.

And there is my topic on the forum showing me screwing up scanning convention centre venus tha Matterport support has actually fixed. That model has been processed jus pushed some walls due to less frequent scanning. It has about 800 scans.

I will find a link and show it to you as it has some notes about my communication with Matterport and you may learn a bit about their contradictional responses.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Here is that thread but it seems I did not mention how it was communicated. During all course of this ticket I was receiving 2-3 replies at a time. The first usually was something like this "Sorry, we cannot fix it" and right within a few minutes after that another one was sent and it was something like that "we will do it, just wait".
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
Thanks for the detailed answer @Wingman! Great to know how you approached it and Matterport's help etc.

Now I need to get back to Matterport staff who have misguided us on the actual limits of the scanning which are not 1000 spins. (I still don't understand though how it is that I can process 999 spins in a model, but I I go to say 1005, it will not process, and that coincides with their telling me about the limit, makes me wonder has our account been flagged somehow...?

Anyway, good news from you, and well done on that Brisbane racetrack scan!
Post 14 IP   flag post
101421 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?