Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Class Action LawsuitsLawsuitsLegalMatterport KerfufflePoachingPro3SneakyStealing

Spotted New Matterport PRO3 Camera Pictures15677

ThinkLab private msg quote post Address this user
So I posted a while back about this topic and had a long heated call yesterday with stuartperry@matterport.com from Matterport.

Quick back story. They contacted a client of mine 2 months ago after scraping his details of the two demo tours I have done for him in January. There is no way in hell that Matterport would get his email address . I have also asked him to contact their other 151 properties and ask the managers if they also received the same email, the replay you guess was no. Th joke is I already completed 45 tours for them, and have 3 new hotels to go and capture for the Global head office.

I called Matterport UK office and to talk to the girl who sent the 3 emails to my client. She first denied sending the emails and then could not tell me where she got his information from. I warned her to stop contacting any of my clients and it will have repercussions.

Fast forward to three weeks back, the idiot goes and emails him again three times. My client forwarded me the emails and I replied to them.... as in pure Matterport fashion received zero reply, so last week this Stuart reached out to me and asked me for a zoom call. So yes I took it as it is not everyday you can get someone from Matterport on a zoom call and record them.

1. I asked him where did they get my clients details. He said its confidential, and he signed and NDNA with Matterport so he can't disclose that. This went on for a while. I asked him over and over again where did they get my clients details, as my client never entered any detail on any Matterport website.

He just said that they have their ways. I then called him out again , and said Matterport staff is scraping our tours for Data. He kept on denying it, so I said to him its very simple, tell the truth and then the data scarping allegations goes away.

This guy can go and work for a government as he was as water tight as a seals ass. I then asked him again where did they get his details, as it makes zero sense for Matterport to email him in their organization, and not make any contact with any of their other senior executives or properties.

So I could see in his body language he was lying. I said okay cool, you don't want to tell the truth, I will just then go to the digital marketing head of the group ( very large international hotel chain ) and tell him to send to all their properties an email not to use Matterport, as the way this company conducts business ( the company owns over 6000 hotels ) What Matterport don't get is that we the people have the relationships with our customers and not they.

I also reminded him of the European data security and that Matterport is breaking the law... he just replied of your client does not want the emails he can just opt out, I said to him the client never opened in and you scraped his detail of the tour. And that there are 100's of MSP's that will back this up.

I have also said to him we have posted this on the Matterport Facebook group, but like any other communist government , they just remove the posts or block people from the forum. As they don't want to scare of the newbie MSP's or their blind investors.

As they don't want anything to happen to their holy Matterport Gamestock or blind investors, oh yes asking for a friend how do you get hold of the guys on Reddit that invested in Gamestock ?

2. But then the pilot thickens , he then said to me that his division is in direct competition with the Matterport Channel partners and distribution partners. And basically us, he says they are a business and this is how they work. So they will try and sell cameras or services to anyone.

Imagine Canon sells you a camera , and then after you landed a couple of good paying clients, Canon calls them up and offers them a camera or someone to come and shoot for nothing.

I also asked him who owns the content or our work, he said I must go and read the Terms and Conditions, this must have been a joke. Then I asked what does delete mean or does Matterport keep our tours, he could not comment.

3. Then I asked him about self hosting. He says Matterport does not allow it. I said cool but what about the news letter from Matterport bragging that they are now allowing the US government to self host. He said that was not true an dis confidential, okay genius if it is confidential then don't post it on your newsletter and blogs. He then said that the US gov is not self hosting. I then recommended that Matterp[ort get a new Spindoctor company or a PR company , maybe Faucis team could help them.

If anyone on this forum have anymore truth like this please see the following and share your story with them, there is strength in Numbers:

This is Tom Zimmerman. I am one of the attorneys representing the plaintiffs in the class action lawsuit against Matterport. The judge denied Matterport's motion to dismiss the case. We are now engaged in discovery, and Matterport is providing us with information and documents. That will continue for the next several months, and then we will start taking depositions of Matterport's officers and directors, Matterport's employees with knowledge of the issues in the case, and any third parties who may have pertinent information. If you or any other MSPs have information concerning Matterport's past or ongoing unfair business practices, please reach out to me in confidence at 312-440-0020, tom@attorneyzim.com, www.attorneyzim.com.

I would not urge anyone to invest any money into this company anymore, even if they launch a Pro 3 camera , enough is enough. Like I told him, if there is any new tech that is just 2% better than Matterport , 99% of all MSP will ditch Matterport in an instance. The funny thing was he did not think this will ever happen.....
Post 1 IP   flag post
jcyin private msg quote post Address this user
Where’s the photo for the Pro3 camera?
Post 2 IP   flag post
@jcyin the clues of the new Pro 3 is hidden in the message above.
Post 3 IP   flag post

Credits: 9gag
Post 4 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
Good possibility that they will just stop doing business with you. Whether you are right or not. They aren't required to sell you processing and hosting services.

Matterport has, for a long time, gone after clients to sell them cameras and now services. They have also been burning cash for most of their existence. I haven't bothered to look lately, but I'd be surprised if that trajectory had changed. They are engaged in a win at all costs campaign. Not a win-win campaign.

MSP's, even when working as cartels (referral groups) in restraint of trade, still can't provide competitive pricing and enterprise level services. That's why Matterport stepped up their game.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Poaching | Stealing | Sneaky | Kerfuffle | Lawsuits | Class Action | MSPs | Pro3 | Scraping | Farming | Matterport Ecosystem | Matterport Competing | Dystopia | Ethics |

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
As a follow up. I did look and they are still burning cash. -20% margin last quarter. Burned through 6.2MM with 42MM cash on hand. Will be interesting to see in a few weeks if 3rd quarter slows the burn. At this rate they will have another funding crisis in 4 to 7 quarters. They went public through a SPAC last time and before that they raised cash with funding rounds.

Interestingly, they are only worth $4.5B right now. Pocket change for the markets they play in. Tesla could buy them just to play with and never let them see the light of day. InsureTech could easily buy them and bury them as a part of Verisk (they own Xactimate). I eventually think Matterport gets bought for less than it's stock value today. I think we'll see a shakeup in the C-suite first. Stockholders are ruthlessly impatient when it comes to burning cash.

Meanwhile there is still not a path to become a MSP or Scan Tech. They want you to work for less under someone who already is...... lol.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@briangreul

About:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @briangreul
As a follow up. I did look and they are still burning cash. -20% margin last quarter. Burned through 6.2MM with 42MM cash on hand.

Subsequently, Matterport received $605 million in cash, when it went public:
Quote:
Originally Posted by @DanSmigrod
Transaction Details

As a result of the Business Combination, Matterport has received approximately $605 million total cash, net of fees and expenses paid in connection with the closing of the Business Combination. This includes approximately $310 million from Gores Holdings VI, net of redemptions, as well as $295 million in proceeds from the financing completed in connection with the announcement of the Business Combination, led by institutional investors including Tiger Global Management, LLC, Senator Investment Group, Dragoneer Investment Group, Fidelity Management

Source:

Matterport And Gores Holdings VI Announce Closing of Business Combination

Also ....

WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Matterport Going Public | MTTR

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
@briangreul @DanSmigrod does not Matter that they got $600 million , that is not profit and how are they going to make money for the investors hard earned money ? By scanning the world , how are they going to do that ?

How many scans is Matterport going to do without MSP's not scanning for them anymore ?

- Maybe they must buy all the Matterport cameras back from all the MSP's , refund them all the hosting fees, then open up a global scanning business with offices in each country. They can employ cheap Labour in all the countries as that will be perfect for their business model, helping the poor people earning less than $15 / hour.

The way this company is treating us the people who made Matterport is maybe the worst company in the world, who knows another tech company that is conducting business in the way that they are? They must have wonderful staff that is maybe just working there, but the rest are just bad people , greedy and with no vision.

They can get more funding but the saying rings true you can put confetti on a turd it still stays a turd.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Bentonville, Arkansas
kwreece private msg quote post Address this user
All this is well known. They have no principles and the whole rights thing is also probably illegal if anybody stepped up to challenge it under US copyright law. I for one have invested in another high end system as well as Matterport just because of this. If a client demands Matterport, I will give it to them but not without clearly explaining the pros and cons of jumping into that pool. Many clients are shocked to hear that they have no rights to the imagery they just paid for in their minds.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Bentonville, Arkansas
kwreece private msg quote post Address this user
As a company they will learn quickly enough that not delivering the growth and profit promised to the investing community will have a very short lifespan. Then changes will be made rather quickly I would imagine. All the more so when they hear that the company is/has lost the faith of its user base.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101426 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?