Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport Capture Services ProgramNewsTranscriptVideo

Video: Matterport Launches Capture Services for Individuals in Some Markets14887

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab from Front Page of Matterport's website. Learn More Link

Matterport: Capture Services: Placing Your Order | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 13 May 2021

Transcript (video above)

Amir Frank:
Hey, Matterporters. In these videos we have talked a lot about the best practices, how to tips and tricks, connecting your cameras, and all about the different devices that we support so that you can get the best Matterport model possible.

Amir Frank:
In this video I want to introduce you to a new service that we're launching called Capture Services, and this allows you to get the best Matterport model without any of that equipment. So very much like going onto Uber or any ride-sharing application that you have in your country and ordering a ride, you can do the same exact thing with Matterport now.

Amir Frank:
Let's check out how you can get this done. Basically, now you're going to see this Capture Services icon right here, and you just click on that and that gets us to the Order page. And I can place an order right here. Then I just go ahead and enter in my address. So I'm just going to go and put in the company address and hit Next.

Amir Frank:
Now I just need to specify whether it's commercial or residential. So I've chosen Commercial here, and whether I'm looking at square meters or square feet. And in this case I've already had the pleasure of scanning the office so I know that it is roughly 14,000 square feet. And I'll go ahead and hit Next. And now I just choose the best time that works for me. Let's go with next Monday, and I'll go with one o'clock because I know they're going to need a good amount of time to scan this, and hit Next.

Amir Frank:
Now this is really important. On this step I need to make sure that the contact information for the person who's going to meet the tech is accurate. So whether this is going to be me or somebody else, I need to put that in here. So in this case, it's just going to go ahead and be me. Here's my contact information, and I'll go ahead and enter my phone number. Any instructions can go down here, and again hit Next.

Amir Frank:
At this point the cost of the service is now calculated so you know exactly what you're going to be paying upfront. Now we just go ahead and hit Confirm, once all the information has been verified, and that's it. The order is complete.

Amir Frank:
You can go to the order details page, and here you can get all the information about the order that you just placed. You can add this order to your calendar so that it's not forgotten. You can see a progress bar here at the top. The order has been placed. Next step is captured, and then once captured it will get received into your account. And if you need to, you can go ahead and reschedule here. And all that's left at this point is really to get the place ready and to clean up a little bit.

Amir Frank:
Once they have captured all that raw data it gets uploaded into the Matterport cloud. Once that's processed and a Matterport model is completed, it's transferred into my account and I can do with it what I want. I can go ahead and edit it. If you've never edited a model before I recommend checking out the Matterport Academy to learn how to set the start location, how to take snapshots of your model; you may need those for downloadable assets, how to place Mattertags, and maybe how to use the Highlight Reel function.

Amir Frank:
So I recommend checking out those videos in order to learn how to edit your model once it's been transferred into your account.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
If Matterport Capture Services is not available, this is the dialog ...

Screen Grab 1

Screen Grab 2

Screen Grab 4

Screen Grab 5
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
If Matterport Capture Services for individuals is available, here is the ordering sequence (available for resident and commercial spaces ...

Screen Grab 1 (Note the additional icon at the top of My Matterport: Capture Services)

Screen Grab 2

Screen Grab 3

Screen Grab 4 | Step 2 of 5

Screen Grab 5 | Step 3 of 5

Screen Grab 6 | Step 4 of 5

Screen Grab 7 | Step 5 of 5

Small print of screen grab above:

*Your default credit card on file will be charged. This price excludes Tax and VAT. The price is determined by several factors including the approximate size, region, and to-be scanned location. If the information is not accurate you may be subject to additional charges.

You can cancel and receive a full credit to your account for the order until 24 hours before your appointment start time. Read our full Cancel Policy

You can reschedule an appointment date and time until 24 hours before your appointment start time.

Screen Grab 8

Screen Grab 8A - email confirmation received

Screen Grab 9

Screen Grab 10 (Invoice)

Screen Grab 11

To reschedule ...

Screen Grab 12

Rescheduling is a manual process via Matterport Customer Support

Screen Grab 13

Screen Grab 14

If you cancel - hit CANCEL button - an order placed, here are the next steps.

Screen Grab 15

Screen Grab 16 (I was not quick enough to capture the temporary banner that said order canceled, but the status on this screen is showing that the order has been canceled.)

Screen Grab 16A email received as a result of canceling the order
Post 3 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
OMG. These people are like the most devious and the same time the most incompetent bunch imaginable. They sent this email to us AT OUR MSP EMAIL ADDY.

How stupid do you have to be to send an invite to an MSP announcing that you are going to start directly selling scans to the retail clients we MSPs rely on?

Wow.

I have NEVER been a Matterport basher or a whiner, but they really are ruthless aren't they?

Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks I'm definitely raising my prices now to NORMAL! Thank you Matterport!
Post 5 IP   flag post
PWIMAGING private msg quote post Address this user
my question is, can a collaborator on my account see this button?

I'm not sure that I like this new feature as a person that has bought a camera, cultivated clients and paid hosting fees for years.

Phil
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @PWIMAGING
my question is, can a collaborator on my account see this button?

I'm not sure that I like this new feature as a person that has bought a camera, cultivated clients and paid hosting fees for years.

Phil

Screen Grab: See Capture Services icon at the top and Matterport Capture Services now available in selected regions (Box to the right).

@PWIMAGING

Yes. Since a Matterport Collaborator needs a Matterport account, they can see Matterport Capture Services in two places:

1. Menu at the top: see Capture Services icon
2. Box on the right: See headline: Matterport Capture Services now available in selected regions

Do you plan to join the Matterport Capture Services Program?

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @GETMYVR
Thanks I'm definitely raising my prices now to NORMAL! Thank you Matterport!

I do not understand. Can you say a different way?

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Is the pricing structure available?

I think this scanning service will not be a success, it is too expensive and too complicated, if you have to do all the editing yourself. Clients need support and Matterport cannot deliver this support.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
This all just reinforces my comments over the past year that it's essential for MSPs (sorry, I can't use the term 'scan technician') to raise the bar and differentiate yourselves. Because the only camera owners who will buy into this are those at the basic level.

Learn to create complex MP spaces that involve time and care. Shoot outdoors as well as indoors. Watch the 2hr webcast I did with Dan if you'd like to learn. And also learn 3DVista to create complex virtual tours that go beyond MP capabilities both today and tomorrow. And learn Captur3d virtual do-it-yourself staging (see another thread for my latest). Our clients want Professionals that can solve every virtual tour challenge, not a button-pusher who happens to own a Pro camera.

Be your best and constantly learn, push the envelope, be of service.

MP Indoor/Outdoor

3DVista hybrid tour (residential) Scroll down the the 3rd window.
24824PCH.com

Captur3d Virtual Staging (small condo I shot this week) Click the Highlight Reel play button for walkthrough, as the &play=1 parameter isn't working yet through Captur3d.
clickable text
Note: Depending on your internet speed, may take a few seconds for the AR virtual furniture to populate the MP space. Watch, it's fun to see the tables and chairs pop into place.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
If somebody can publish the entire price schedule for the capture services and post it here, that would be great.

Transparency is essential.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeshImages
Is the pricing structure available?

They were published a few months ago and some threads where we were discussing this program may even have a screenshot with them. I could not find it though doing a search so may be Dan knows where it is.

From a memory the most expensive rate was for under 1900-2000 sqf and it was $0.1 per sqf. And they have slightly different pricing for commercial and residential space.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Hi All,

Here are two charts showing what Matterport Capture Services Program pays Matterport Service Providers with a Matterport Pro2 Camera.

Screen Grab 1 | Matterport Payment Table for Matterport Service Providers for Residential Scans

Screen Grab 2 | Matterport Payment Table for Matterport Service Providers Commercial Scans

Your thoughts?

Dan

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

✓ WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Matterport Capture Services Program
Transcript: WGAN-TV: MSPs' Class Action Lawsuits Against Matterport, Inc.
Transcript: Matterport Capture Services Webinar | Thursday, 16 April 2020

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 14 IP   flag post
MatterTag
Export-Import
Service
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
HomePlanNZ private msg quote post Address this user
I came looking for this post after receiving the May 2021 Matterport Monthly Newsletter, titled "Book. Scan. Done. Capture Services On-Demand is here!". This thread then captures pretty much all the concerns MP's direction raises with anyone who bought into the MP platform with the intention of offering scanning services to others.

I agree we (MSPs) can differentiate our service as gold standard, but the feasibility of this depends on the market's desire to pay for that gold standard all the time. When building a business cashflow is key, you often need a volume of smaller/lower profit jobs to carry you between gold jobs. MP is positioning to take both the high-volume customers, and now any customer who does not want to buy a camera.

There is a mature discussion that could be had between MP and MSPs who have helped MP grow their business, on how MP can continue to grow/profit in partnership with other third party scanning services. But this is not occurring. Instead MP is using every avenue they have access to, which overlaps with the avenues we use with our customers, to convince all in the market to come direct to them. They are pretending that the MSP program did not exist, and they hold no obligation to those of us who have helped them penetrate the market.

Hmmmmm...
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @HomePlanNZ
I came looking for this post after receiving the May 2021 Matterport Monthly Newsletter, titled "Book. Scan. Done. Capture Services On-Demand is here!". This thread then captures pretty much all the concerns MP's direction raises with anyone who bought into the MP platform with the intention of offering scanning services to others.

I agree we (MSPs) can differentiate our service as gold standard, but the feasibility of this depends on the market's desire to pay for that gold standard all the time. When building a business cashflow is key, you often need a volume of smaller/lower profit jobs to carry you between gold jobs. MP is positioning to take both the high-volume customers, and now any customer who does not want to buy a camera.

There is a mature discussion that could be had between MP and MSPs who have helped MP grow their business, on how MP can continue to grow/profit in partnership with other third party scanning services. But this is not occurring. Instead MP is using every avenue they have access to, which overlaps with the avenues we use with our customers, to convince all in the market to come direct to them. They are pretending that the MSP program did not exist, and they hold no obligation to those of us who have helped them penetrate the market.

Hmmmmm...

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. Well said!

I (just) posted this related WGAN Forum discussion:

I loaned Matterport $993.16 (and they have not paid me back yet)

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab: Matterport 1Q21 Earnings Slides published Wednesday, 26 May 2021 | Page 15 of 17

Hi All,

-> Matterport Capture Services revenue for 1Q21 was $2.698 million compared to $7.4 million (estimate) for all of 2020.

--> Matterport forecasts that Matterport Capture Services 2021 revenue will be $18.1 million.

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

Matterport Announces Record Quarterly Financial Results [1Q21]
✓ WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Matterport Capture Services Program

Dan
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab from Matterport Capture Services On-Demand Page

Hi All,

I notice this Matterport Capture Services On-Demand Page pricing today (24 June 2021).

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
101429 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?