Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport Capture Services ProgramMatterport Support

I loaned Matterport $993.16 (and they have not paid me back yet)14994

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab 10 (Invoice)

Screen Grab 15

Screen Grab 16 (I was not quick enough to capture the temporary banner that said order canceled, but the status on this screen is showing that the order has been canceled.)

Screen Grab 16A email received as a result of canceling the order

Hi All,

I loaned Matterport $993.16 (and they have not paid me back yet).

On May 14, 2021 when Matterport announced:

Video: Matterport Launches Capture Services for Individuals in Some Markets

I placed an order (above) for a Matterport scan via the newly announced program for individuals to buy Matterport scans in some markets so that I could document - step-by-step the ordering process – and example price per square foot - for the WGAN Community.

Almost immediately, I received the invoice above (see Screen Grab 10 above) from this WGAN Forum discussion.

Once I completed the order, I canceled the order (See Screen Grabs 15 and 16 above from this WGAN Forum discussion.

I also received an email showing that the order was canceled (Screen Grab 16A above from this WGAN Forum discussion.

Unfortunately, two weeks later, I do not see the credit in my Matterport Cloud account (below).

Screen Grab A

Today (Thursday, May 27, 2021) I (just) check my American Express card statements online and I do NOT see a credit of $993.16.

So, while the ordering is automated; the canceling/issue credit does not appear to be implemented yet.

Thus, I loaned Matterport $993.16 (and they have not paid me back yet).

I (just) sent an email (below) to Matterport Support requesting the refund. I will let you know when I receive a response and/or refund.

Best,

Dan

Screen Grab B
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
A credit to your account? I hate when companies do that to me. You can always call Amex and show them the documents and they will refund you.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@fotoguy

I am sure that Matterport will issue the credit back to my American Express card (rather than a credit to my Matterport Cloud account).

That said, I should not have to chase after a refund. Should have automatically been issued: just as the charge was done.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I'm most amused at the tax breakdown and cost for basic service. Unfortunately Dan this is a road well traveled.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GETMYVR

Yes. Base price of $911.99 is $0.09 per SQ FT in SAN FRANCISCO. (Plus tax of $81.17 or an additional $0.01 per SQ FT). Does not leave much for the Matterport Service Provider.

Many of us charge MORE than $0.10 SQ FT. So, not nice that the company that sells us their proprietary Matterport Pro2 3D Camera and Cloud hosting competes with us, as nicely summarized by @HomePlanNZ in this related WGAN Forum discussion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @HomePlanNZ
I came looking for this post after receiving the May 2021 Matterport Monthly Newsletter, titled "Book. Scan. Done. Capture Services On-Demand is here!". This thread then captures pretty much all the concerns MP's direction raises with anyone who bought into the MP platform with the intention of offering scanning services to others.

I agree we (MSPs) can differentiate our service as gold standard, but the feasibility of this depends on the market's desire to pay for that gold standard all the time. When building a business cashflow is key, you often need a volume of smaller/lower profit jobs to carry you between gold jobs. MP is positioning to take both the high-volume customers, and now any customer who does not want to buy a camera.

There is a mature discussion that could be had between MP and MSPs who have helped MP grow their business, on how MP can continue to grow/profit in partnership with other third party scanning services. But this is not occurring. Instead MP is using every avenue they have access to, which overlaps with the avenues we use with our customers, to convince all in the market to come direct to them. They are pretending that the MSP program did not exist, and they hold no obligation to those of us who have helped them penetrate the market.

Hmmmmm...

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Many of us charge MORE than $0.10 SQ FT.

unfortunately it is not that black & white.. I have been asked to scan a hospital sitting on two levels. I believe it is more like a medical centre with some basic surgery that owners want to sell. Total area is 4000 sqm(1000 sqm on a ground level & 3000 sqm on the next level).

According to my price table and considering it is a big job my quote is about $4000-4800 AUD for all 4000sqm(about 43000 sqft). So it is maximum of $0.11 per sqft but it is in AUD. In USD it is $0.085 per sqft.

However this story does not end here. The client cannot pay that much and now thinking to do the ground floor only so the job can become much smaller than originally requested and it directly correlates with what I charge for it. With my best quote it is going to be $1600 AUD and one day of work for 1000sqm.

I'd rather offer them to do all levels in 3 days with my daily rate and charge them $3000 than getting paid more per hour but loose on getting paid for three days with a smaller rate per day.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

email received from Matterport Customer Support at 1:23 pm EDT Friday, 28 May 2021.

@fotoguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by @fotoguy
A credit to your account? I hate when companies do that to me. You can always call Amex and show them the documents and they will refund you.

You were right! Matterport is issuing a credit to my Matterport Cloud account instead of a credit to my American Express card. (Please see reply from Matterport Customer Support above.)

Certainly not a way to surprise and delight clients that give Matterport Capture Services a spin.

Since my annual plan comes due in June, I got lucky that the credit (should) apply to our annual plan.

Looks like I only need to "float" Matterport a loan until June!

We'll see ...

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Dan Smigrod disputing Matterport Charge of 14 May 2021 for a Matterport Capture Services job that was canceled (and documented above).

Hi All,

Matterport did NOT issue a credit to my Matterport Cloud account, as of 11:12 am EDT Wednesday, 23 June 2021, as Matterport had promised (see email in the WGAN Forum post above).

So, I (just) disputed the American Express charge with American Express. (I would prefer a credit to my American Express card instead of a credit to my Matterport Cloud account anyway.)

The silly part is that disputing this charge with Matterport will result in needless energy by Matterport Capture Services and their accounting department to deal with this dispute, plus, American Express will ding Matterport a dispute charge.

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Hi All,

Good news ...

Email (above) is an example why I always use an American Express to charge something, when possible.

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Hi All,

I reached out to Matterport Support to let them know that American Express credited my account.

The first reply I received was that the credit was issued the day that I canceled. When I wrote back to ask where I could locate the credit, Matterport Support said they could only see the credit on their side.

Hmmmmmm.......

(Read from the bottom up)

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Bless their hearts...
Post 11 IP   flag post
101636 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?