Free WGAN-TV Training U Course>iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit: Intro, Demo & FAQs14495
97348 1 1
|DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user|
Screen Grab: Free Course: WGAN-TV Training U: 95-WGAN-TV Introduction to iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit (and Demo) with Planitar (iGUIDE) Marketing Manager Chris White (@Chris_iGuide) | Thursday, 18 March 2021
iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit launched Monday, 1 March 2021.
Video: iGUIDE Virtual Showing | Video courtesy of iGUIDE YouTube Channel | 16 June 2020
Video: IGUIDE 3D Virtual Tour & Camera System - Floor Plans, Room Dimensions, Square Footage | Video courtesy of the iGUIDE YouTube Channel | 1 March 2021
Video: iGUIDE Viewer | Video courtesy of iGUIDE YouTube Channel | 21 February 2021
iGUIDE PLANIX Sample 3D Tour and with Interactive Floor Plan courtesy of iGUIDE | 2D Schematic Floor Plans
Free WGAN-TV Training U Course: iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit | Intro, Demo and FAQs
The Instructor for this free WGAN-TV Training U Course, iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit | Intro, Demo and FAQs isChris White, Planitar (iGuide) Marketing Manager
The Course was first presented live on WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 18 March 2021.
✓ iGUIDE Platform Overview (Highlights): including iGUIDE 3D Tour, iGUIDE, Floor Plans and photos
✓ Introduction to the iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit
✓ iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit Unboxing: What's Included
✓ iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit: Demo
✓ iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit: three configurations (What's Different?)
✓ iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit: Pricing (Including Pre-Orders prior to 5 April 2021 shipping)
✓ iGUIDE Pricing: Two Per 3D Tour Options (iGUIDE and Premium iGUIDE): no subscription
✓ iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit: Features and Benefits
✓ iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit versus iGUIDE IMS-5 Camera (DSLR included)
✓ iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit: FAQs
✓ And More!
As I posted to the WGAN Forum on Tuesday, 2 March 2021:
✓ iGUIDE PLANIX is the 3D Camera Kit Matterport Wished It Created (in Many Ways)
If you are a real estate photographer researching Matterport 3D tours, iGUIDE 3D tours should be on your short list of other 3D/360 platforms – and other 3D/360 cameras – to consider.
While Matterport will be valued at nearly $3 billion and receive $615 million in cash when Matterport is scheduled to go public by 30 June 2021, its much smaller, feisty competitor has created better camera kits and platform – in many ways.
I asked Planitar Inc. (Planitar is the makers of iGUIDE) Co-Founder and CEO Alexander Likholyot (@Alex_iGuide) by email today (2 March 2021) what problems that the iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit - launched Monday (1 March 2021) solves versus the DSLR-based iGUIDE Camera Kit. Alex writes, "further capture speed increase, longer measurement range, greater ease of use and lower replacement cost as workhorses get worked to the ground sometimes. PLANIX leaves [busy, professional real estate photographers] more time to deliver more value with their other services while providing a great 3D tour with accurate floor plans."
Known for the iGUIDE laser-sharp focus on residential real estate, iGUIDE "PLANIX opens lots of applications in commercial real estate, including insurance and large space scanning," writes Alex. "Everybody likes the look of it, which makes us happy. It is a 3D Space Technology : )."
Here are my observations ...
iGUIDE PLANIX is the 3D Camera Kit Matterport Wished It Created (in Many Ways)
1. superior camera kits (iGUIDE PLANIX Camera in three configurations; and iGUIDE IMS-5 Camera)
2. superior 3D virtual tour platform (iGUIDE Tour Examples | Matterport Tour Examples)
3. superior 2D floor plans in the residential and commercial real estate space. (iGUIDE PLANIX Floor Plan Example | Matterport Floor Plan Example)
iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit – announced Monday, 1 March 2021 – is the 3D Camera Kit (three configurations) that Matterport likely wished it created.
iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit Versus Matterport Highlights
1. LiDAR instead of structured light
2. LiDAR “sees” up to about 130 feet versus about 50 feet for Matterport’s structured light
3. LiDAR enables most residential listings to be shot in 15-20 minutes (faster workflow)
4. LiDAR enables super-accurate 2D floor plans: .05% dimensional uncertainty versus Matterport
5. $1,999 (pre-order pricing until 4 April 2021) instead of $2,995 (Matterport Pro2 Camera sale price)
6. Option to control camera settings (versus no camera settings control)
7. Leverages a publicly available 360 camera: Ricoh Theta Z1 (future compatibility)
8. Enables 2D Floor Plans to be accurate
9. Includes a custom hard case (versus no case with Matterport)
10. In addition to iOS, already works with Android; Matterport in Android public beta
11. Ricoh Theta Z1 Camera - in the iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit - can be used for other platforms and without an iGUIDE subscription: Matterport Pro2 Camera can not be used with any other platform without a Matterport Cloud Subscription (and then a cumbersome workflow, at best).
Photographers that already have a Ricoh Theta Z1 can order the iGUIDE PLANIX Core Kit for $1,299 (pre-order pricing through 4 April 2021).
Measurement Accuracy Matters
Photographers that seek the ultimate in measurement accuracy within the 3D virtual tour view can order the iGUIDE PLANIX Pro Camera Kit for $2,499 (pre-order pricing through 4 April 2021) that includes Ricoh Theta Z1 lens calibration for up to 3 times better accuracy when measuring in the 3D space. (Floor plan measurements have the same level of accuracy for all iGUIDE PLANIX configurations.)
Plus, the iGUIDE Platform beats Matterport on:
1. Offering Per Tour Pricing (no subscription) versus Matterport Cloud subscription
2. Ability to edit 360 images (e.g. remove the camera from a bathroom mirror; sky replacement)
3. Offline hosting is an option with iGUIDE: not Matterport
4. No confusion regarding who owns the copyright/digital assets: no derivative works by iGUIDE (as Matterport does)
5. More intuitive user experience powered by an interactive 2D floor plan
6. iGUIDE offers super-accurate 2D floor plans versus Matterport
7. iGUIDE Floor plans available in 8 color-coded configurations (Matterport are B&W)
8. iGUIDE does not complete with its Service Providers (as does Matterport Capture Services Program)
9. Integration of Google Maps (versus no map integration by Matterport: need a 3rd Party Platform)
10. An integration with Floorplanner for DIY enhanced 2D/3D floor plans and virtual staging.
While real estate photographers may dismiss iGUIDE because it does not offer a 3D dollhouse view like Matterport – or a 3D walk-through experience like Matterport – the real question is: Is iGUIDE “good enough” to enable professional real estate photographers to compete with Matterport and to differentiate both the real estate agent and real estate photographer from their respective competitors? Spoiler Alert: The answer is likely heck-yes!
For professional real estate photographers that have image resolution concerns about using a Ricoh Theta Z1 camera – considered the best in the under $1,000 360 camera price point – in the iGUIDE PLANIX Camera Kit, iGUIDE offers the iGuide IMS-5 Camera Kit which includes a DSLR camera.
I could imagine that the addition of the iGUIDE PLANIX now opens the iGUIDE platform to real estate photographers that seek a faster and/or simplier workflow than the DSLR based iGUIDE IMS-5 Kit for real estate photographers that prefer a DSLR camera for shooting spherical panoramas.
What are your thoughts? Is iGUIDE PLANIX the 3D Camera Kit Matterport Wished It Created?
Please visit this WGAN Forum discussion to comment:
✓ iGUIDE PLANIX is the 3D Camera Kit Matterport Wished It Created
Founder and Managing Editor
We Get Around Network and WGAN-TV
WGAN Forum Related Discussions
✓ iGUIDE PLANIX is the 3D Camera Kit Matterport Wished It Created
✓ BIG NEWS!! New iGUIDE camera available in April.
✓ Transcript: WGAN-TV | Introduction to iGuide: a Deep-Dive Demo & Discussion
✓ All WGAN Forum discussions tagged: iGUIDE | iGUIDE PLANIX
✓ Free WGAN Cheat Sheet: Which Virtual Tour Platform is Best (for Me)?
✓ WGAN MarketPlace: iGUIDE
|Post 1 IP flag post|
This topic is archived. Start new topic?