Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FloorsHow ToiPadMiniMapScans

Moving multiple Matterport scans to another floor?14327

mk4au private msg quote post Address this user
Today I scanned a floor but later discovered there is a lower floor that needs to be scanned. Can I change floor numbers and the dollhouse work, or do all scans have to be moved to a different floor?

If they have to be moved, is there an easier way than moving one scan at a time?

TIA
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@mk4au

You do not need to move the scans. They are there only as a visual cue to you.

Simply create a new floor for the lower floor and begin scanning.

For clarification, Matterport will automatically place the scans on the correct floor (even though it feels weird regarding what you see on in the mini-map on your iPad.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
I cannot tell you how happy I am! Thank you so much!
Post 3 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
In capture early on you could select multiple scans and move or delete. seems now you must deal with scans one at a time then go back to the original floor.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@HarlanHambright Yes, I remember those days of being able to select and move multiple scans, but I do understand why it was changed. While it is a pain to do one at a time, it would also be too easy to hit delete instead of move and OOPS! MP probably had more calls than they had time to restore scans. 😄 Thankfully, @dansmigrod made my day with his response above. Thanks!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @mk4au
I cannot tell you how happy I am! Thank you so much!

That's great news!

While best practice for Matterport scanning is to start on the lowest floor and work your way up, it's not always practical. For example, I scanned a home where the kids were in the basement, so I could not start there. I scanned an office where the sunlight pouring into the office meant that I had to scan the second level first.

Again, it will feel confusing on your iPad, BUT the mini-map is for your benefit. It has nothing to do with how Matterport processes the model.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @HarlanHambright
In capture early on you could select multiple scans and move or delete. seems now you must deal with scans one at a time then go back to the original floor.

@HarlanHambright

Early on - July 2014 - there was no option for seeing the scans on separate floors. All the scans for multiple floors "showed up" on the mini-map on top of each other.

Can you imagine?!

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod @harlanhambright. I don’t even want to imagine! Over 1000 scans and it’s ‘messy’ enough.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101429 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?