Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
InsideMapsInsideMaps HERO RotatorPlatformsReviews

InsideMaps first experience and a lot of questions14020

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, I need to start asking questions InsideMaps guys as even after just a short experience with capturing I have a lot of them. So here it goes:

1) what is a maximum resolution of panoramas can be created with Iphone 12 Pro. I did the tour and it seems to be worth than Z1 and nowhere near Pro2. When I downloaded them they are only 8MP and nowhere near you fantastic example for real estate on your website. I found than you can switch to 8K..not sure why video term is used as two options 4K and 8K with frame rates.. but it is still 32MP only.
I have not tried Iphone 12 Pro with a Matterport complex scan but with Ipad Pro 2020 in IOS device mode it actually beats matterport in resolution.

Did I convince myself that your resolution is better than Pro2? If not how I can achieve it? 8K or 32MP is no way better than about 132MP of Matterport Pro2

2)Why Black objects has so much noise in them? It is so bad that is almost unusable. I cannot publish my private tour here but please look at my tour in the cloud. There is a computer desk chair in black and a computer screen off that have so much noise in them that almost make them greenish.

I checked your tour examples and there is no black objects looking so bad as in my tour. Am I missing some settings somewhere in the phone or app? The Phone camera by itself does not produce this noise when used without the app.

3)I cannot find how I can make HDR photos myself. It seems if I pay you for HDR then you can add extras yourself. However if you do not I cannot see anyway to add them. The functionality seems

4) This you can ignore and Anya answered me on email about it. However I believe you can make brackets holding a phone better. Their shape is not designed for a shape of an Iphone 12 Pro. brackets around while the phone has almost square sides. As a result a user need to put some force to insert the phone into the hero brackets and again it can only be taken it out from it with a force.

Sooner or later the plastic bracket will snap and I believe a phone sides will be scratched quite fast. If you are planning to do a new version of the Hero as an idea may be use a clip with a spring or lock on one side. I understand that a phone needs to be sitting exactly where expected to avoid parallax error but using a clip with a spring or lock does not prevent the phone to be pushed where it needs to be before locked.

5)It is impossible to select ceiling or door height once the phone is inside the Hero. The hero covers half of the screen and height options are covered by the Hero body.

6)I still cannot say what InsideMaps "3D model" is. I see it on some screenshots but it is not in extra services anywhere. Is it just a 3D floor plan without any references to each scan point in a tour?

Now the positives:

It captures fast, about 34sec and technically you can scan again straight away.

The whole setup size is so small and lightweight that you may want to take it everywhere when you think a tour may be needed.

Quite easy to add a tag and you choose where it needs to be.

After you finish scanning there is no much for you to do after you finish scanning and you only need to press upload button. It took InsideMaps about 3 hours yesterday to make the tour ready.

Everything in a tour seemed to be aligned properly. I started inside my home with about 6 panos in dining/kitching and a toilet/laundry. Then went outside and did about 3 to transit to the pool which are a few steps down. Did one close to the pool plus one 5 meters away on the other side of the house. Every hotspot seems to be dead in a right spot.

Conclusion so far, if I can capture without noise, make the resolution of a panorama to match Matterport Pro2(or at least your example for real estate) and if there is a way to do HDR photos myself I will definitely use InsideMaps as alternative. It deserves a try just for simplicity of capturing and the whole setup size/weight.

I do not know if I still stay on free account or go with a paid one but before I switch I at least need to understand the whole workflow from initial settings, scanning, generating required extra content so basically getting a ready tour for a customer with HDR photos generated by me.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
See the noise that it is in the tour. Note that yellow colour seems to be ok but black is just awfully noisy.

Also there seem to be some bugserrors. It does not look like you are verifying emails for accounts at all or forgetting to save the state of verification.

I did verification at least 3 times using the link in your verification email. However everytime I start the app it says that my email needs to be verified. Also it says "resend the code" while you are not sending codes, just a verification link.

And there seem to be an error in HTML/Javascript in your backend. When I am inside my project section, click on a tour there to open it I can see an error dialog saying something like "cannot load "get" identifier". It flashes for 1 second and then disappears. It happens in Chrome.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
forgot to tag InsideMaps representatives

@InsideMaps_Gabe @Inside_Maps
Post 3 IP   flag post
VP Strategic
Parterships
Arlington, Texas
InsideMaps_Gabe private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Wingman!

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback. We are preparing detailed answers to share soon.

Regarding the quality/noise with the iPhone 12- we noticed that something changed in the capture/process settings and will have a fix released shortly. I think you will notice a dramatic difference as the quality should look exactly like our website. Standby for more details.

Cheers,

Gabe
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Thank you Gabe.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia

Any news on fixing resolution and noise?
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia

I have just watched one of your videos (https://www.facebook.com/InsideMaps/videos/3379055552223614 ) and want to check that I am using your "Free 3D Tour Limited Promo".
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I have just done another test with quality is set to 8K. Not much different from the one with 4K and still brings a lot of noise. And it still looks like a very low resolution. It is definitely not 32MP as it is worse than a Z1 that is 23MP.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia

it seems there has been some update to the app so I have updated it and tried again. It shows the noise on black colour much less now but still plenty of problems:

1)blown up windows almost everywhere

2)weird tone mapping or it looks like there is just not enough colours and it is mapping close ones into one

3)the most weird one is still a resolution of panoramas. I am not sure what you are doing with them but with so many pictures captured for a single spin it should be much better resolution.. a few times better.

Can you please explain if it is a final quality and resolution or you are working on improving it a lot?

And one more, what is it https://www.insidemaps.com/app/3dmodel/?projectId=WVq8DWKU7G&env=production&propertyId=wKLkGOtpBW ?

I guess when a tour is ready you can generate a similar 3D model for a property and let users play with different colour/material rendering plus it can be staged. How much does it cost to provide a 3D model?

In a nutshell I like your system for a speed it can be used to do tours without creating a lot of scans. However I am concerned with all this picture quality and its resolution.

I have been using the same Iphone 12 Pro with Matterport in their IOS device mode and resolution and quality is few times better.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101636 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?